Is your next cruise "clean"?

kcwingwalker

What is the purpose of this post, a knee jerk reaction to the norovirus on The Explorer of the Seas?

A ship can be clean as a whistle but just have a couple of people harboring noro, embark, start infecting others and that cleanliness means nothing.

Even a lawyer, who is a bit of an ambulance chaser, does not take most of the norovirus cases because he said, typically the cruise line is not at fault.

What is the purpose of this post, a knee jerk reaction to the norovirus on The Explorer of the Seas?

A ship can be clean as a whistle but just have a couple of people harboring noro, embark, start infecting others and that cleanliness means nothing.

Even a lawyer, who is a bit of an ambulance chaser, does not take most of the norovirus cases because he said, typically the cruise line is not at fault.

The "purpose" is that some might find it interesting and nothing more............you are the one who has the jerking knee

I found the info very interesting. Does it change my future plans to cruise? Heck no. However, the cruise lines must be accountable for their business practices, just like schools, hospitals, day care centers and every place else where crowds abound. I do not blame cruise lines for Noro outbreaks at all. Additionally, I highly suspect no one hates the "sick ship" more than the cruise line and it's crews. Illness creates a lot of extra work for them and they risk getting sick, too. Still, it's a good idea for this information to be public. Just because.

The "purpose" is that some might find it interesting and nothing more............you are the one who has the jerking knee

Well, take the jerking knee out of it, the comments are correct and the cleanest ship can still end up with and outbreak if someone boards the ship already infected - which is how most of that gets started.

IMO the article really is not all that interesting. The incidence of noro outbreaks relative to the total number of cruisers on the many ship cruising each year is a very low %. Much more at risk IMO at schools, airplanes, etc.

Edited by leaveitallbehind