Royal Princess

Dambuster

Hi everyone,

Just returned from a 2 week B2B on The Royal Princess. What a magic ship!!! The whole trip went without a single hitch. Flew into Miami from Aberdeen via London Heathrow, and started the vacation off with a day in Miami staying at The Embassy suites at the airport. The Princess transfer from the designated departure point in Miami airport was seamless, and the preferred embarkation worked, was well practised, and we were on board by 12:30 5 Jan.

Well impressed with everything to do with the ship. Even found that American and English bacon was served in The Horizon Court at breakfast!!!!!!

There were a couple of Veterans get together, and Princess served Champagne!!!! What a surprise. Had a fantastic cruise, a few people were saying " This is not like The Emerald/Crown/Ruby/ Sapphire " Of course it's not, it's a completely new design of ship. Would cruise on her again in a heart beat. The boss now wants to cruise to Hawaii later this year either on the Grand or the Sapphire. Don't mind at all.... but it must be a Princess Ship!!!!!!! May also do The Caribbean in late Feb 2015 on The Ruby. The Kilt went down a treat

Edited by Dambuster

Great to hear you had a wonderful time! Could you tell me if the ship has:

*Bocci Ball

*Crochet

*Putt-Putt Golf (mini golf)

*Batting Cage....is there a cost involved

*Indoor Golf simulator....is there a cost involved

I've tried to get these answers from Princess, but I keep getting a different answer from everyone! :confused: I've also looked on the Sports Deck 18 on Princess' website "Deck Plans" and don't see them, unless it's all just listed as "The Greens" which is on the deck plans but doesn't actually state what's there!

Also, did you think they keep the ship cold in the Piazza, Princess Theater and the Main dining rooms? I'm one of those people that gets cold easy, but I thought the Allure & Oasis were very comfortable, not cold at all :cool:

Thank you in advance for any info you might have!!

Dambuster, glad to hear you had a great time on the Royal. We will ba sailing on her this fall and are looking forward to it. Great avatar by the way. Did you or a family member have a connection with those remarkable WWII RAF raids?

49er

Great to hear you had a wonderful time! Could you tell me if the ship has:

*Bocci Ball

*Crochet

*Putt-Putt Golf (mini golf)

*Batting Cage....is there a cost involved

*Indoor Golf simulator....is there a cost involved

I've tried to get these answers from Princess, but I keep getting a different answer from everyone! :confused: I've also looked on the Sports Deck 18 on Princess' website "Deck Plans" and don't see them, unless it's all just listed as "The Greens" which is on the deck plans but doesn't actually state what's there!

Also, did you think they keep the ship cold in the Piazza, Princess Theater and the Main dining rooms? I'm one of those people that gets cold easy, but I thought the Allure & Oasis were very comfortable, not cold at all :cool:

Thank you in advance for any info you might have!!

I can answer a few of these:

They didn't have a batting cage, but used the basketball court as a batting cage for a few hours during the late morning at least a few times during the week. There are two or three outdoor golf cages, and they have ping pong tables and a Foosball table. Sorry, not sure about the others you mentioned, as I just observed these few things while walking on the outdoor walking track.

I can answer a few of these:

They didn't have a batting cage, but used the basketball court as a batting cage for a few hours during the late morning at least a few times during the week. There are two or three outdoor golf cages, and they have ping pong tables and a Foosball table. Sorry, not sure about the others you mentioned, as I just observed these few things while walking on the outdoor walking track.

Thanks for the info you did have!! Anyone else have any answers, what about the temp inside the ship? :o Thanks!!

Hi everyone,

Just returned from a 2 week B2B on The Royal Princess. What a magic ship!!! The whole trip went without a single hitch. Flew into Miami from Aberdeen via London Heathrow, and started the vacation off with a day in Miami staying at The Embassy suites at the airport. The Princess transfer from the designated departure point in Miami airport was seamless, and the preferred embarkation worked, was well practised, and we were on board by 12:30 5 Jan.

Well impressed with everything to do with the ship. Even found that American and English bacon was served in The Horizon Court at breakfast!!!!!!

There were a couple of Veterans get together, and Princess served Champagne!!!! What a surprise. Had a fantastic cruise, a few people were saying " This is not like The Emerald/Crown/Ruby/ Sapphire " Of course it's not, it's a completely new design of ship. Would cruise on her again in a heart beat. The boss now wants to cruise to Hawaii later this year either on the Grand or the Sapphire. Don't mind at all.... but it must be a Princess Ship!!!!!!! May also do The Caribbean in late Feb 2015 on The Ruby. The Kilt went down a treat

Dambuster: Great story. Thanks for sharing. We will be doing the Caribbean in Feb and the Italy and Spain in June aboard the new Regal.

We were on the Royal Jan 12-19 and honestly? Out of 10 Princess cruises I think this one was in the top 2 :)

We have cruised on the Diamond, Sapphire and Caribbean and while we really liked/loved those ships Royal just seemed a little more Royal :D

We loved our mini Suite M401 (great location) and the ports, ship, staff, food everything totally exceeded our high expectations.

Glad to see someone else who loved the Royal too :)

Hi 49er,

No family connection with those raids, but was the Squadron Flight Sergeant on 617 (Dambusters) Squadron for 3 years during my 32 years service with The Royal Air Force. Flying Tornado GR4 bomber aircraft.

Hi, Dambuster:

So Glad you enjoyed your cruise! Hope you enter a Member Review here on Cruise Critic.

I cruised the Royal in December, and love the ship, too! I just got off the Sapphire this week, and while it was a very nice cruise, I found myself missing the larger Piazza from the Royal.

Thanks again for your comments!

Edited by slc22

We were also on the Royal on the Nov 10 sailing and last week's sailing. Both of these cruises were exceptionally wonderful! The only thing that we missed for a very short period of time was no promenade deck, but really the great things on this ship far outweigh that! We had a balcony room the first cruise, which was wonderful and last weeks cruise, we had a sideways inside room, which had plenty of room and plenty of storage!

I have to say, in 2 weeks of being on the Royal, on 2 separate cruises, we had excellent food, service, and entertainment!!! :D:D:D:D:D

We did the first TA and the first Caribbean cruise on the Royal and truly loved the ship. It was a bit too big to be my favorite though. However all the negative press and reviews meant nothing to me. I loved deck 7 where they had loungers in several places and did not mind not being able to walk around the ship on that deck.

My favorite place to go was out in the back of the Horizon court where they have a huge area with couches, tables, and a bar. Perfect for watching the ocean.

Thanks for your comments about this ship.

We did the first TA and the first Caribbean cruise on the Royal and truly loved the ship. It was a bit too big to be my favorite though. However all the negative press and reviews meant nothing to me. I loved deck 7 where they had loungers in several places and did not mind not being able to walk around the ship on that deck.

My favorite place to go was out in the back of the Horizon court where they have a huge area with couches, tables, and a bar. Perfect for watching the ocean.

Thanks for your comments about this ship.

QUOTE:My favorite place to go was out in the back of the Horizon court where they have a huge area with couches, tables, and a bar. Perfect for watching the ocean.

Sounds lovely. Cant wait to check it out! :)

I agree, we just recently booked the Royal for a 10 night Caribbean. We had heard there wasn’t anyplace on the ship that you could just sit and watch the wake. It’s so peaceful, something we love to do.

QUOTE:My favorite place to go was out in the back of the Horizon court where they have a huge area with couches, tables, and a bar. Perfect for watching the ocean.

Sounds lovely. Cant wait to check it out! :)

I agree, we just recently booked the Royal for a 10 night Caribbean. We had heard there wasn’t anyplace on the ship that you could just sit and watch the wake. It’s so peaceful, something we love to do.

Meet you there! :)