Trade Elite setup=coffee card??

Luvsprincess

I always swap my mini bar setup for coffee cards. I have 12 cards that I have not used

yet. I am generally not in my cabin when room service shows up. They always leave

the cards on top of the refrigerator.

Ok - just to stir the pot - - - if I'm not in the cabin I write: "Room Service, Thank You" on a piece of note paper, fold $2.00 inside and leave it on top of the fridge. Somehow, it always magically disappears after they come to swap out our mini bar for pop or coffee cards.

Ok - just to stir the pot - - - if I'm not in the cabin I write: "Room Service, Thank You" on a piece of note paper, fold $2.00 inside and leave it on top of the fridge. Somehow, it always magically disappears after they come to swap out our mini bar for pop or coffee cards.

We also leave a note with the items to exchange to confirm our request. We also leave a tip & say thanks and they put a :) on our note.

On our last b2b the room service supervisor came to our cabin to confirm our UBD choices. We said that we wanted 2 coffee cards for our 2nd cruise & he thanked us because he didn't need to make a minibar to be exchanged. On future b2b cruises I'll call room service near the end of the 1st cruise to ask about receiving what we want. It would save them time by not having to do it twice.

I read that on last year's 49 day South America (3 segments) cruise room service sent a form for passengers to request what they wanted for the next segment which would be a good idea on other consecutive cruises.

I did it on the Royal back in October of last year. No problems, We just asked the room steward. Now I may be a bit of a cheap stake but if you tip for every little thing your room steward does or for your server, you would be broke by the end of the cruise. I tip only for exceptional service because after all each day on a cruise you are tipping the staff and that alone amounts to quite a bit of money. But that's just me

I agree....we already tip. I am not a cheap tipper and do tip extra for exceptional service but truly, almost $25 per day for each couple. Don't you think it is just going overboard to tip here, tip there, tip, tip, tip. I do give a couple of bucks for room service and 15% for any spa services, but that is where I usually draw the line unless someone that goes out of their way to help with something not included in their everyday duties. I tore my ACL in Hawaii and they had to get me a wheelchair at the dock to get me back through the security lines and onto the ship. For this, it was above and beyond their normal duties. When I saw the doctor onboard, I did not tip him or the nursing staff.

OK...this is a bit off topic, though. Yes, you can swap out your mini bar and I don't feel like this is something requiring an extra tip. Keeping my room very tidy so the room steward doesn't have to deal with any mess is much more valuable.

I always tip for a swap

I never ever tip for room service. I always swap my mini bar for water. Room service tipping is already included on your ship board tip charges. I always extra tip for good cabin steward service at the end of the cruise. By doing B2B you get two Elite mini bar setups. I sure didn't know about the optional coffee card or wine swap. Good luck getting the swap done on embarkation day as room service rarely answers the phone that day.

Good luck getting the swap done on embarkation day as room service rarely answers the phone that day.

Guess I have "good luck"...they always answer the phone & we quickly get the minibar exchanged. I've also called room service on embarkation day to order the UBD. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

I see no reason to tip for a trade out and I never have. Room service is included in the tipping pool already and this is not service above and beyond.

I did not know room service was included in the pool. we rarely use room service but we have always tipped.

Good luck getting the swap done on embarkation day as room service rarely answers the phone that day.

Never had a problem getting getting the swap done on same day. As soon as we get to the cabin after embarking, we call room service, they answer and the swap is done by the evening:):). We do the same thing for making any reservations we may want for the Specialty restaurants.