Why Haven't the Noro Results Come Back Yet?

LBeeE

As to spreading hype, our local ABC Affilliate (WTNH Channel 8) ran a headline story last night, showing how hype is more important than facts. They showed the Royal Caribbean logo and said that "A second Royal Caribbean Ship is ending its cruise early due to an outbreak of noro virus. The Royal Caribbean "Princess" was returning to port early." They then showed a photo of a Princess Cruise line ship, but kept saying it was Royal Caribbean. Hype sells commercial time, facts apparently do not, since it was a Princess ship, not a second Royal Caribbean ship. They are different companies folks!!!

Who cares if the story is accurate, just have a concerned look on the talking head's face, while she looks into the camera, with ominous music playing and flash a headline: "Cruise Disaster!"

I think I actually felt the vibrations from Walter Cronkite rolling over in his grave! ;)

Eric

I saw something along those lines this morning on WABC 7 NY. In the preview before commercial they showed Explorer then when the anchor was on screen speaking they had the Princess Logo behind him, then the story was about the Carnival Caribbean Princess. I said WOW really, who checks these things? Talk about terrible fact checking.

Unbelievable.

Well if it came to improper food cleaning/prep/handling, or a sick food employee, or not enough cleaning between voyages for example, RCI certainly wouldn't want that to get out. I also think it's odd we received an email from RCI the day before this story broke saying how well the company's earnings have been doing and how we have made a great solid investment by owning their stock. No need to fire away at me for asking this. Obviously I like RCI since i have cruised with them multiple times and own stock. But this is business. BIG business. Can't be so trusting.

Since you don't trust RCI to be honest, I recommend that you keep an eye on the CDC news.

Have you ever watched them prepare food or set it out at the buffet? They are very good at keeping things very sanitary. In fact, the Center for Disease Control rates each of the ships and provides detail findings of any multitude of violations. http://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionSearch.aspx

My common sense tells me that there is a 1% chance of food being the cause and a 99% chance that it was caused by infected passengers bringing the illness on board.

Also, historically, it has always been the sick people so there is no reason to believe this is caused by food.

Just gota text from my Sister on Explorer of the Seas right now that the Captain just came on the intercom and told all the passengers to keep washing their hands because on the previous sailing they had Confirmed Norovirus.

Muster drill at 3:30 pm , set sail at 4:00Pm

Jimbo

Edited by Jimbo

Since you don't trust RCI to be honest, I recommend that you keep an eye on the CDC news.

Have you ever watched them prepare food or set it out at the buffet? They are very good at keeping things very sanitary. In fact, the Center for Disease Control rates each of the ships and provides detail findings of any multitude of violations. http://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionSearch.aspx

My common sense tells me that there is a 1% chance of food being the cause and a 99% chance that it was caused by infected passengers bringing the illness on board.

Also, historically, it has always been the sick people so there is no reason to believe this is caused by food.

But in 50% of the cases it comes from the food...as stated by the CDC.

I think when you have that many sick the virus got into something. Food or water. According to the cdc it can get into the food.

for that many people to get sick that quickly if it was a person who brought it on they sure must have got around. maybe one of the better hookers had it and then all the husbands took it back to their wife's?

give the CDC time to do their work. the CDC has no interest in helping RCI with a cover-up.

CDC site still shows both outbreaks as unknown causative agent. Where are you seeing that Caribbean Princess is confirmed Noro?

It was posted by someone on the Princess board and we all know how official and, without question, accurate, information on these boards can be. Perhaps the OP should question whether or not the claims that the Princess' ship early return to its home port is weather-related and not noro-related, is an attempt by that line to cover up the cause. We seem to see conspiracies everywhere.:rolleyes:

It was posted by someone on the Princess board and we all know how official and, without question, accurate, information on these boards can be. Perhaps the OP should question whether or not the claims that the Princess' ship early return to its home port is weather-related and not noro-related, is an attempt by that line to cover up the cause. We seem to see conspiracies everywhere.:rolleyes:

Princess has had a tough time with Bayport(Houston) with low tide and fog but this time I call BS on either excuse.

Just saw pax off the ship say they feel they were lyed to

Princess has had a tough time with Bayport(Houston) with low tide and fog but this time I call BS on either excuse.

Just saw pax off the ship say they feel they were lyed to

If it was the guy I saw on the local Boston news, I don't know how much I would believe. The guy I saw said they were being yelled at to stay in their cabins and threatened to be transferred to a navy or coast guard ship if they didn't.:confused:

If it was the guy I saw on the local Boston news, I don't know how much I would believe. The guy I saw said they were being yelled at to stay in their cabins and threatened to be transferred to a navy or coast guard ship if they didn't.:confused:

No It was a lady

She said she didn't like them lying to them. She seemed pretty upset.

Than others were disappointed and didn't like what had happened, but understood why they had to come back earlt

But the bottom line Princess did mislead their cruisers

I have heard from someone who knows a person that talked to someone that knows someone that works near the port that said they had heard that the person who infected everyone was by The Grassy Knoll! :rolleyes:

Save Ferris!! :D