Last minute discounts, possible?

AmyWrites

Since we live near a port with RCI ships, and don't really know when we'll be able to get vacation time to cruise, we just want to wait it out and, hopefully, find a cabin (discounted would be ideal)... whatever's left on the ship, right before the sail date. Is this possible? If so, are rates discounted?

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding last minute discounts:

Surely this question has been asked and answered...but how do I find the discounts when a cruise line is just trying to fill the last few cabins (particularly for Houston or Galveston departures):confused:?

*** Thanks in advance for any suggestions! ***

The only sure way I know of is to call RCI before noon the day before (or earlier) the sailing. You really won't know if it will be discounted until they actually give you the fare.

Edited by BillB48

Regarding last minute discounts:

Surely this question has been asked and answered...but how do I find the discounts when a cruise line is just trying to fill the last few cabins (particularly for Houston or Galveston departures):confused:?

*** Thanks in advance for any suggestions! ***

Royal publishes this sales flyer every week with prices on upcoming cruises:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Look for the PDF file to change on Thursday afternoons.

Thanks so much for the response! :D

I live near enough Houston and Galveston to drive in a day ahead so I would also be interested in cruise lines departing from those two places.

I tried to do a search on Cruise Critic for this info but didn't see anything. I find it hard to believe that this hasn't been discussed previously. I looked under the terms: flash sale, pack and go, and last minute deals. Is there another term I should be using to search online for these deals?

we aren't able to advertise websites with what you are looking for so searching on crusie critic won't help you, so you are better off searching on google for what you are looking for. it is out there.

Where on the RC site to I find the sales flyer I have looked but can't find it. I looked at this flyer on the earlier post, but can't find it on RC site

Not sure what you mean. Can't you use the link in post #6 above?

Royal publishes this sales flyer every week with prices on upcoming cruises:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Look for the PDF file to change on Thursday afternoons.

Never can tell. I bought my AX Balcony for this March for almost $400 per person less than what they are offering it on the sales brochure and More than $600 less than listed on the website. I say pic one early and put deposit down on it. Buy insurance from reputable company other than RCCl. Then, if you need to change it for a diff. time or better deal, you can.

Yes I can use the link but would like to know where I can find the next one, is it on the RC site.

This is not on the RCI site. Just use this link each week and it will update to the current deals. The flyer changes every Thursday afternoon to reflect the deals that will be available the following week.

we aren't able to advertise websites with what you are looking for so searching on crusie critic won't help you, so you are better off searching on google for what you are looking for. it is out there.

Well, here's one they'll certainly allow. Doesn't let you specify Departure ports unfortunately, but putting in Caribbean and Royal Caribbean lists some deals from Galveston of 50% or more off over the next 2-3 weeks.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/price-drop/?destination=Caribbean&cruise_line=Royal%20Caribbean%20International&order_by=ASC&order_type=drop&order_type=drop&order_by=DESC

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

We live near the ports and price watch all the time. Scored a 3 night on the Majesty for just under $300 for two of us. Taxes and port fees included, as a matter of fact the port and taxes were a few dollars more than the cruise fare.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app