Booking next cruise onboard

chester32

Sorry if this has been asked before but wondering when we are on our cruise and I will be booking our next cruise on board can I book for 4 people two cabins if the other 2 people are not on-board?

Thanks

Yes you can. DH & I cruised without the kids on Explorer & while on board we booked 2 cabins for our next cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Thanks for your quick reply's If I could ask one more question

What is the deposit amount thought I read somewhere it is $100.oo per person not sure if this makes a difference but we are looking at a JS also do you get OBC

Thanks again

I have never booked another cruise while on board - it looks like the deposits are cheaper - is that true?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

And you get obc just for booking while on a cruise? These are perks that I never knew about!!!

Yes and yes :).

We always book onboard and/or keep several open bookings. It's a no brainer between the reduced deposit and OBC!

And you get obc just for booking while on a cruise? These are perks that I never knew about!!!

You don't have to book a specific cruise..just purchase a NCC aka Open Booking Certificate while onboard....

You can purchase them by just using one name on them and the total deposit at that time is $100.00..

They never expire..You get the OBC (based on the cruise # of nights booked)..they are transferable to anyone else regardless if you're sailing with them or not...

When you decide on a cruise and want to add another name/names you just pay the additional deposit for them of $100.00pp.

Easy forms onboard to fill out are in the Loyalty Ambassadors office...simply fill the form out and deposit it into the box provided...Very easy to do.

Edited by Ashland

You don't have to book a specific cruise..just purchase a NCC aka Open Booking Certificate while onboard....

You can purchase them by just using one name on them and the total deposit at that time is $100.00..

They never expire..You get the OBC (based on the cruise # of nights booked)..they are transferable to anyone else regardless if you're sailing with them or not...

When you decide on a cruise and want to add another name/names you just pay the additional deposit for them of $100.00pp.

Easy forms onboard to fill out are in the Loyalty Ambassadors office...simply fill the form out and deposit it into the box provided...Very easy to do.

Just to add on to the above post if you pick the open booking and you cancel the reservation you will lose your $100 deposit. The thing is if you can't make whichever cruise you decide on to keep the same booking number and just switch to a different sailing.

When you pick a specific cruise the deposit is refundable if you cancel before final payment

if booked on board, can you then transfer it to your travel agent, so that they can look after you? I thought I heard somewhere that you have something like 30 days to transfer over to a TA.

Yes and I believe that it is 60 days.

If you booked your cruise through a TA and you book a NCC on board using the form that they give you to fill out it will automatically be assigned to your TA unless you specify not to.

I believe you can. You would have to pay their deposits, of course.

We booked two future certificates on IOS in Nov 2013. I tried to transfer one to our kids who will cruise with us in May 2014 but was told that one of us (original people on the certificate) would have to be on the room. RCCL explained to us that it could not be transferred out right. Sort of confusing so I don't think we will purchase one as a gift again!

Bob & Ann

We booked two future certificates on IOS in Nov 2013. I tried to transfer one to our kids who will cruise with us in May 2014 but was told that one of us (original people on the certificate) would have to be on the room. RCCL explained to us that it could not be transferred out right. Sort of confusing so I don't think we will purchase one as a gift again!

Bob & Ann

Sorry - Wrong quote - This obviously pertains to transferring the certificates.

Bob & Ann

Can you book Open Passages certificates for Celebrity cruises while on board a Royal Caribbean ship?

Yes, you can purchase Celebrity certificates on Royal Caribbean.

Bob & Ann

Call Back! And talk to someone else. Prior to March 2013, the Open Booking certificates came with Friends & Family coupons. After March 2013, the certificates did not come with F&F and are fully transferable to other people.

Please see item #2 under the Terms and Conditions on your certificate...

2.Open Bookings are fully transferable to friends and family at no cost prior to selecting your ship and sail date.

:)

I have never booked another cruise while on board - it looks like the deposits are cheaper - is that true?

They tell you about the on board booking benefits at every welcome back event (including the top tier C&A) and put at least a couple of advertising fliers in your room during the cruise from our experience. We personally think they are great value unless you think you will never ever cruise again. The reduced deposit of $100 is each, so $200 for us instead of the usual $800. Then the on board credit is so nice. A few drinks and some washing on the tab. Very nice.

By the way, have you joined for C&A benefits? The balcony discounts are nice too!

Edited by kjsmith63