Tea

FirstCruiseBeth

I've been checking the threads about coffee cards but haven't seen much about tea. What teas are available and which do you need to use the coffee card for? Is tea unlimited on a coffee card or is your card punched?

My DH drinks coffee but I only drink tea so I'm wondering whether we need two cards.

Many thanks

There are several kinds of tea in HC.

The premium tea is Mightly Leaf, and it is available in the coffee bar next to the international cafe on deck 5. I don't remember the cost, but it's "free" with the coffee card--no punch so it's unlimited. The spring jasmine and white orchard are my favorites. I get a big to-go cup of the white orchard in the morning and put it in the cabin refrigerator; then I have delicious iced tea when I want it.

There are several kinds of tea in HC.

The premium tea is Mightly Leaf, and it is available in the coffee bar next to the international cafe on deck 5. I don't remember the cost, but it's "free" with the coffee card--no punch so it's unlimited. The spring jasmine and white orchard are my favorites. I get a big to-go cup of the white orchard in the morning and put it in the cabin refrigerator; then I have delicious iced tea when I want it.

I suspect the OP is wanting hot tea, not iced tea.

Hot tea and ice tea is free in the Dining Rooms for breakfast, lunch or dinner as well as in the Horizon Court Buffet. They have various flavors, just ask. I always get English Breakfast in the morning but I know they also have green tea, regular black tea and some herbal teas as well. You can purchase premium hot tea in the International Cafe Coffee Bar. It is the Mighty Leaf brand and they have several flavors available. If you or your husband purchases a coffee card, this will also include hot tea as well as plain coffee without using any punches. They will punch the card for specialty coffees.

Edited by lljost

I learned that I could get Bigelow Darjeeling steeped in a pot holding two cups with my breakfast in the dining room every morning. There was no charge for that. I don't know if I could have gotten the same thing in buffet or not as I never tried it. I don't know if I could have gotten other tea flavors. Probably. I just heard someone order Darjeeling one morning, and it sounded good. Then I just stuck with it.

I don't know if I could have gotten it at other times for no charge, but probably not. And certainly not at the IC without a coffee card.

Edited by dleighb

It is regular brewed tea when you put the tea bag in hot water :)

Sorry but pouring hot water over a tea bag in a cup does not make "regular brewed tea". Pouring boiling water over a tea bag in a tea pot and leaving it to brew for five minutes makes properly brewed tea :-)

I've been checking the threads about coffee cards but haven't seen much about tea. What teas are available and which do you need to use the coffee card for? Is tea unlimited on a coffee card or is your card punched?

My DH drinks coffee but I only drink tea so I'm wondering whether we need two cards.

Many thanks

Nobody ever NEEDS a coffee card to get coffee or tea at the International Cafe. You can always buy it by the cup. Getting the coffee card will be cheaper if you drink a lot of them, but it is not necessary.

Sorry but pouring hot water over a tea bag in a cup does not make "regular brewed tea". Pouring boiling water over a tea bag in a tea pot and leaving it to brew for five minutes makes properly brewed tea :-)

My wife and her entire family would beg to differ with you. They are from China.

I know she wanted hot tea. I drink the hot Mighty Leaf jasmine and white orchard daily, but I just mentioned how I also like one variety as iced tea, TOO.

I actually love that one iced as well :)

We were just on the Royal and I was happy to see the Mighty Leaf brand offered as it is the tea brand we drink at home.

Here are a few pictures to show you the tea offerings that you usually find at the Horizon Court Buffet. It is self serve and free of charge. The second photo shows where you'll find the hot water and the iced tea if you're interested.

6954675659_ffe1279e5e_z.jpg

Golden Princess - Alaska by Jasperdo, on Flickr

6954678933_c0d047b848_z.jpg

Golden Princess - Alaska by Jasperdo, on Flickr

Wow, once again thank you all for your comments and photos. I will be spoilt for choice!

Beth

Princess has a wonderful selection of Twinning Teas in the Horizon Court that are free.They also have the "fansy flavored teas at the International Cafe with a coffee card. no punch necessary.

They have an afternoon tea service with scones, cakes, cookies and small sandwiches every day from about 3:30 . I think it is the closest thing to a 'proper' tea that you will find at sea.

You can get a great cup of Large tea for no punches on your Coffee Card as long as the card is purchased on that sailing.

If your card is from a past sailing it will have to get punched

Morning tea and breakfast is so convenient and hassle free in the IC.

If you sit at the IC they will bring you a nice pot of your chosen tea to your table.

Well Worth It!