We were able to make our early flight from FLL with no problems

yvr49

Our flight from FLL on Saturday February 1 was at 9:45 a.m. - I booked it based on the price and thought that that would be plenty of time to disembark. I later realized 9:45 was too early to comfortably reach the airport and this thought was confirmed by many posters who replied to my query about it. Others thought we would be OK and I promised to provide an update so here it is!

We were in the first walkoff group and disembarked very quickly at 7:00 a.m., breezed through Customs with hardly anyone in front of us, caught a cab right away. The lineup for security at the airport was also very quick, and we were sitting at the departure gate by 8:15 a.m.

As a backup I had reserved flights the following day with our mileage points, but we didn't have to use that flight. I was able to cancel that flight, but as the tickets have already been issued we must use them before December 19/14. I may just have to book another flight to Florida before then! But I will make sure I don't plan the flight home until at least 4 hours after the ship arrives.

Thanks everyone for all the advice and comments. By the way: the cruise was great, especially since we had the luxury of a full suite. The full credit has now been applied to the Baltic cruise we will be doing in May of this year.

According to Princess a 10:30 flight out of FLL is acceptable. I always book the 10:35 am flight and take Princess transfers and have never had a worry making it with time to spare. Probably about 7 different cruises. (Except one time on a transatlantic where we were several hours late because of hurricane winds slowing us). I watched our flight leaving as the ship was passing the airport.) so for most people there will be plenty of time except for unusual situations. :)

Congrats and count yourself very lucky.
I agree. Glad you made it but I wouldn't want to encourage others to take the same chance. It's a gamble no matter what. Maybe Murphy's Law had something to do with it in that you had a good back-up plan in place. :)

Our flight from FLL on Saturday February 1 was at 9:45 a.m. - I booked it based on the price and thought that that would be plenty of time to disembark. I later realized 9:45 was too early to comfortably reach the airport and this thought was confirmed by many posters who replied to my query about it. Others thought we would be OK and I promised to provide an update so here it is!

We were in the first walkoff group and disembarked very quickly at 7:00 a.m., breezed through Customs with hardly anyone in front of us, caught a cab right away. The lineup for security at the airport was also very quick, and we were sitting at the departure gate by 8:15 a.m.

As a backup I had reserved flights the following day with our mileage points, but we didn't have to use that flight. I was able to cancel that flight, but as the tickets have already been issued we must use them before December 19/14. I may just have to book another flight to Florida before then! But I will make sure I don't plan the flight home until at least 4 hours after the ship arrives.

Thanks everyone for all the advice and comments. By the way: the cruise was great, especially since we had the luxury of a full suite. The full credit has now been applied to the Baltic cruise we will be doing in May of this year.

Nice work! We must have been a little behind you as we were in section 3 of the walkoffs. Still made it to the airport by 8:15 via cab even though we had to go through a little extra questioning at customs and wait a short time for the cabs to show. They seemed to flock in big time right around 8. This is the second time we used the walk off and it is getting better with Princess.