Nieuw A cabin furniture question

Vic The Parrot

Yeah, I know it may seem like an odd question. :eek:

Looking at some photos of cabins on the halfacts site, it seems as tho some cabins have a high-backed chair, while others only have that square under desk ottoman.

Do all cabins have both?

Did some of the photographers hide one chair during the shoot?

Is the rule only verandah cabins don't get the chair?

Do only inside cabins get the chair? :D

I just need someone to satisfy my curiousity, that's all. ;)

Holy canolli ...

We have to request extra furniture? ;) :eek:

Thanks for the reply.

If I don't have the chair when I board, I'll just ask the cabin steward.

(Usually, I use the back of a chair for my jacket whenever I come back to the cabin. I was thinking now I had to use the sofa for that ... :D)

One time, on one of the larger ships (think it may have been the Noordam; could have been Zuiderdam) I didn't have either a chair or the ottoman. Tough to do make-up without something at the desk to sit on!

When I asked, the cabin steward made it seem like a big deal that I was asking for just one, when the smaller ships give me both. :rolleyes:

One time, on one of the larger ships (think it may have been the Noordam; could have been Zuiderdam) I didn't have either a chair or the ottoman. Tough to do make-up without something at the desk to sit on!

When I asked, the cabin steward made it seem like a big deal that I was asking for just one, when the smaller ships give me both. :rolleyes:

Yer kidding! :eek:

Sheesh, if it's gonna be trouble for him, I might as well bring a folding lawn chair. ;) :D

Not sure yet.

Been thinking of a 1 - weeker sometime in Dec, or Nov.

Want to go somewhere sooner, but it's not possible right now.

(I just need to get away for a while, ya know? :( )

Understood! Always good to get away from it all and recharge your batteries! Take care!

We have been in balcony cabin 8157 twice. Just got off the NA on the 26th of January.

There was a small ottoman (there is storage inside BTW) under the desk. There is an orange chair (kinda yucky) that is smallish, with a straight back. It is like a home dining room chair (on the small side, good for short 4"11" me, but not for 5"10" hubby). On the balcony, there is a regular woven resin chair (uncomfortable) and a lower, wider woven resin chair with an ottoman. There is also a love seat (a bit worse for wear) in the cabin too.

The most comfortable chair is the lower, wider resin chair on the balcony.

I hope that helps!

On the NA my DBiL and DSiL didn't have a desk chair in their veranda cabin, and I assumed that it was because it was a triple, and the chair would be in the way of opening the sofa bed. Since there were just the two of them and weren't using the sofa bed, maybe they could have gotten a chair if they asked.

Edited by catl331

Your are kidding. I would have asked to speak to his/her supervisor, if it was too much trouble for the steward to handle.

Your are kidding. I would have asked to speak to his/her supervisor, if it was too much trouble for the steward to handle.

LOL No, I'm not kidding. But there was no need to ask for the supervisor. Just a couple of words, with a "look" let him know that I wanted one or the other---and that I wasn't one to be denied a basic request.

All went well for the rest of the cruise.

LOL No, I'm not kidding. But there was no need to ask for the supervisor. Just a couple of words, with a "look" let him know that I wanted one or the other---and that I wasn't one to be denied a basic request.

All went well for the rest of the cruise.

LOL, have to love 'the look'. My 27yo daughter is a primary school teacher and has been known to face down the criminal element on her trips into more unsavoury parts of the world with 'the look' she has perfected on 8-12 year olds :)

Verandah cabin - storage ottoman only.

We sailed Jan 5th.

I couldn't see the room with both an ottoman and a chair - where would you put it?

Was yours a triple or quad?

HERE IS a N.A. veranda cabin with a chair. The ottoman was under the desk when I took this pic, but when I used my computer at the desk I took the ottoman out and used the chair.

Edited by jtl513