Anyone recently at Embassy Suites in FLL?

Linda&Vern

When was the last time you stayed there? It has been non-smoking for a long time. Check the website.

You can still get a smoking room at the Embassy Suites. Try making a reservation and see the choices that come up on your left to narrow your search.

startwin, it would appear that your info is incorrect!;)

We have stayed there twice and I must admit I thought it was non smoking however :

2 ROOM SUITE-2 DOUBLE BEDS-SMOKING

Step out balcony, separate living area, sofabed, and a wet bar ... Room Details

They should change their policy :eek:

Ciao,

Cristiano

I have looked at the Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale website carefully & I saw no reference/statement on their website that it is non-smoking! Please direct me to the linl/page on their website that states the hotel is non-smoking! ;) Perhaps it is time for my eyes to be (re)examined! :D

When was the last time you stayed there? It has been non-smoking for a long time. Check the website.

startwin, as you can read, I have checked the website & see absolutely no reference/statement on it that the Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale is non-smoking, or as you have stated, "It has been non-smoking for a long time." :rolleyes:

We have stayed there twice and I must admit I thought it was non smoking however :

2 ROOM SUITE-2 DOUBLE BEDS-SMOKING

Step out balcony, separate living area, sofabed, and a wet bar ... Room Details

They should change their policy :eek:

Ciao,

Cristiano

Cristiano, thank you for the clarification! So, according to this information, smoking is permitted in the Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale & it is NOT non-smoking as has been stated on this thread! :rolleyes: (And I agree with you that "they should change their policy" to non-smoking, to match Marriott, for example)! ;)

When we were stuck in FLL in early January (during the Jet Blue debacle) our TA booked us into a smoking suite as that was the only reservation they had left. When we arrived, we were asked if we prefer smoking or nonsmoking. We chose the nonsmoking.

Edited by NYteacher

Checked in to the ES yesterday afternoon for a two-day stay prior to our Noordam cruise.

Public indoor areas are non-smoking. Outside areas around the pool DO permit smoking. Rooms have already been discussed enough.;)

As we were both tired from the last of three days driving, we decided to have dinner at the hotel. We ate on the patio outside the bar. The food was very good and the service quick. We did eat early (around 4:30) which was fine. That area did begin to fill up around 5:00 in anticipation of the "happy hour" commencing at 5:30, so if you choose this option, plan accordingly.

The "uneven" patio walkways remain and although not a personal issue, we could see where it might be an issue for ladies in heels.

Any other questions, I'll check back later.

Checked in to the ES yesterday afternoon for a two-day stay prior to our Noordam cruise.

Public indoor areas are non-smoking. Outside areas around the pool DO permit smoking. Rooms have already been discussed enough.;)

As we were both tired from the last of three days driving, we decided to have dinner at the hotel. We ate on the patio outside the bar. The food was very good and the service quick. We did eat early (around 4:30) which was fine. That area did begin to fill up around 5:00 in anticipation of the "happy hour" commencing at 5:30, so if you choose this option, plan accordingly.

The "uneven" patio walkways remain and although not a personal issue, we could see where it might be an issue for ladies in heels.

Any other questions, I'll check back later.

So, the public indoor areas at ES are non smoking & yet, strangely enough, the ES is offering Smoking Rooms as an option! :( I guess that all the guest rooms, both smoking & non smoking are not considered "public areas"! :rolleyes: Hilton & Marriott are smoke free! :):):)

So, the public indoor areas at ES are non smoking & yet, strangely enough, the ES is offering Smoking Rooms as an option! :( I guess that all the guest rooms, both smoking & non smoking are not considered "public areas"! :rolleyes: Hilton & Marriott are smoke free! :):):)

Hate to break it to you - but ES is a Hilton property.

Thanks to everyone for the info! As smokers, DH and I will definitely have the ES on our radar for our next cruise out of Fort Lauderdale.

see what you just did GN? thank so much for disputing and bumping this thread. :rolleyes: :sigh

Unless you think you should just be able to enter another guest's room whenever you wish to they are not public rooms. As long as they are identified as smoking rooms when you make a reservation you will never reserve one, so you will never be in a smoking room. So why would you care that other guests who do smoke can enjoy their stay at ES? Every hotel I've ever been in recently with smoking rooms always have them situated at the end of a hallway or on their own hallway, so it's not going to impact you at all. If just the thought that there are a few people smoking in the building is so upsetting then stay somewhere else.

Have stayed here since the mid l980s, hotel did have both smoking and non smoking rooms clearly marked.

I quit some 15 years ago, so now always ask for non smoking, never have noticed any issues with others smoking. The truth is very few smoke any more.

Just ask for what you want.

We were just there from Jan 4-6. There was no evidence of any construction.

And, by the way, when we booked, we requested a non-smoking room as we both have asthma and the 3rd hand smoke (that which remains on your body and fabrics) can trigger an asthma episode for me. There were no ashtrays in our rooms and no evidence of anyone having smoked there.

The Managers reception…house chardonnay horrible…order beer from the tap. Mixed cocktails were just okay, a little light on the pour. The appetizers & h'orderves were not good. This area of Embassy Suites perks really needs some serious attention. On the other hand the morning cooked to order breakfast delivered. Go early, before 7:30 am or plan on lines. The selection of items was immense. Everything anyone would want for breakfast unless of course you’re looking for eggs Benedict which wasn’t offered. However be reminded that this area is currently under construction and is not the "normal" area for breakfast.

The location of this property is good. The Harbor Shops are directly behind the hotel and has many places for a quick bite to eat or a pretty nice sit down dinner. Publix and a Total Wine and More are the anchor stores. Some of the fine restaurants in this area of Ft. Lauderdale are within a reasonable (depending on weather) walking distance. However a taxi ride to the farther restaurants currently runs about $15.00 plus tip.

All in all I’m not sure that the rates match the overall product delivered. If the Managers Reception had better quality house wine and poured a higher end alcohol and provided appetizers and h’orderves that are edible then I might stay there again but as things stand currently I’d book another hotel for about the same price at a much better location.

The Managers reception…house chardonnay horrible…order beer from the tap. Mixed cocktails were just okay, a little light on the pour. The appetizers & h'orderves were not good. This area of Embassy Suites perks really needs some serious attention. On the other hand the morning cooked to order breakfast delivered. Go early, before 7:30 am or plan on lines. The selection of items was immense. Everything anyone would want for breakfast unless of course you’re looking for eggs Benedict which wasn’t offered. However be reminded that this area is currently under construction and is not the "normal" area for breakfast.

The location of this property is good. The Harbor Shops are directly behind the hotel and has many places for a quick bite to eat or a pretty nice sit down dinner. Publix and a Total Wine and More are the anchor stores. Some of the fine restaurants in this area of Ft. Lauderdale are within a reasonable (depending on weather) walking distance. However a taxi ride to the farther restaurants currently runs about $15.00 plus tip.

All in all I’m not sure that the rates match the overall product delivered. If the Managers Reception had better quality house wine and poured a higher end alcohol and provided appetizers and h’orderves that are edible then I might stay there again but as things stand currently I’d book another hotel for about the same price at a much better location.

Not long ago, we had a number of cc'ers staying at this hotel precruise for our Prinsendam cruise. I emailed and asked if I was permitted to save tables. I got a very nice email back telling me they would do it and the sales manager would be contacting me. He did indeed and I asked if it was ok if I brought some signs for the table. Told no - they would do it.

When I arrived at the hotel, the manager found me, introduced himself and told us we had the 'easy spot area' and it was reserved for us. He also had special appetizers for us. (totally different than what was there for everyone else and very delish) Everything was perfection and it will be a memory that will go down in history. We had a good group staying there and I know that will probably never be repeated - but...all I can say is.....we were very happy campers.

btw - have never been in a lineup for the hot breakfast for more than 5 minutes and DH doesn't get up early - so we are not there at 7:30 ;)

Ok, so I am prejudiced :D:p

We've never looked into booking ES so I have no idea their price range. Would you mind sharing approximately what the average price per night is? Thanks..... to anyone who will give some idea of rates.

We've never looked into booking ES so I have no idea their price range. Would you mind sharing approximately what the average price per night is? Thanks..... to anyone who will give some idea of rates.

-

Very much depends upon when you book Sail, we book early and get it amended when there are price drops. Normal price is $270 - that rarely ends up being the price - last year we paid $135 in the end. Right now, we are hoping for a price drop but we are sitting around $199 but we have time to go:D

Previously we have ended up at $169.

That's just our experience. hope this helps.

$265 last March, $217 end of this month (rates are before taxes). That is the AAA member rate. FYI - Had we been able to get the cabin we wanted and taken the Noordam 21-day cruise this month, there were no ES hotel rooms available (don't remember the two dates I tried.) I think it might be a little over-priced, but my DH likes staying there much the same as your reason for eating lunch in the Lido on embarkation day. He says there is excitement in the air.

Edited by Linda&Vern

Thank you both.

From what I have seen of that hotel the great many times we have driven passed and what I have read, that sounds like a fair rate. The reason I asked was partly because of the comments about the quality of the complimentary wine and hors d'ouerves. it made me curious. :o

Thanks for sharing.

If you join and book through the Hilton MVP programme (a painless and free process!) you get a pretty good rate. For the past few years I have gotten $153/night, in April.

Edited by startwin

Very much depends upon when you book Sail, we book early and get it amended when there are price drops. Normal price is $270 - that rarely ends up being the price - last year we paid $135 in the end. Right now, we are hoping for a price drop but we are sitting around $199 but we have time to go:D

Previously we have ended up at $169.

That's just our experience. hope this helps.

I think for feb. I booked for $289 and I'm ending up at $289 unfortunately. Hotel is sold out for this weekend on the website and if you call you get the $289 rate. So rooms are available if you call but not available on the site.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums