Embarkation Lunch

Rosefloater

I don't believe it is the same menu we had before on the Golden. When I was on the Sapphire in January, they had a Hungarian Goulash (eater didn't think was so great) and I had a Lobster something or other with a tempura batter. I can't recommend either of those two dishes. The lobster sounded very promising, but was a big disappointment. Tiny bits if lobster in a strange texture, deep friend. I didn't have the heart to order something else. It wasn't as though I was going to starve until the next meal.

Hi again, and have a great cruise.

I don't believe it is the same menu we had before on the Golden. When I was on the Sapphire in January, they had a Hungarian Goulash (eater didn't think was so great) and I had a Lobster something or other with a tempura batter. I can't recommend either of those two dishes. The lobster sounded very promising, but was a big disappointment. Tiny bits if lobster in a strange texture, deep friend. I didn't have the heart to order something else. It wasn't as though I was going to starve until the next meal.

Hi again, and have a great cruise.

Hi Renee,

Hopefully the Goulash is still on the menu. Mom liked it when it was on the Buffet on the Golden.

Hope to sail with you again.

Here is what they served on the Sapphire (assuming that is the one that you are interested in) on Jan 24th...

12225855583_30bbcb4e06_z.jpg

20140124_130326 by MauiLvrs, on Flickr

12225672545_3640d25d66_z.jpg

20140124_130332 by MauiLvrs, on Flickr

Is that the Embarkation lunch menu or the regular lunch menu?

Looks like a regular lunch menu.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We were on both the Ruby and the Emerald in January. The embarkation lunch menu was pretty much the same on both ships. I don't remember all of the appetizers, but we had the antipasto and the bay shrimp and avocado. For entrees we had strip loin and salmon. I know there was one other entree, and the hamburger was available. I had a delicious veal ravioli which was on both ships. Both ships also had the orange soufflé among other desserts

PS Don't tell too many people about the embarkation lunch. It's so peaceful and quiet, and I hate to ruin it- lol.

What is that a picture of? Looks delicious

That was: Grilled Herb-Spiced Beef Tenderloin, Vegetable Bouquet, Squashed Red Bliss Potatoes

Here's the salmon that Colo Cruiser mentioned:

165981_4273750639468_804336852_n.jpg

Both were still available July 2013. I hope they still have the same menu when we go this summer. It's so much better than any of the regular lunch menus!

Is that the Embarkation lunch menu or the regular lunch menu?

Looks like a regular lunch menu.

I hope they haven't changed the embarkation lunch to that menu. I loved the menu we've had the past 4 years!

599738_4273748879424_1475900100_n.jpg

I don't know about other ships but on the 4 day Sapphire cruises it was a regular lunch menu...more variety but for us not as good food. I had the pork scaloppine & my wife had the Reuben sandwich. The pork was very dry and the bread on the Reuben was so dry that she only ate the pastrami. Those were only 2 orders but on the Sapphire the wonderful salmon & chateaubriand were not options. :(

We arrived shortly after it opened & service was very slow taking 90 minutes for lunch. On the 2nd cruise of our b2b we decided to go to Alfredo's to have a much quicker lunch.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I don't know about other ships but on the 4 day Sapphire cruises it was a regular lunch menu...more variety but for us not as good food. I had the pork scaloppine & my wife had the Reuben sandwich. The pork was very dry and the bread on the Reuben was so dry that she only ate the pastrami. Those were only 2 orders but on the Sapphire the wonderful salmon & chateaubriand were not options. :(

We arrived shortly after it opened & service was very slow taking 90 minutes for lunch. On the 2nd cruise of our b2b we decided to go to Alfredo's to have a much quicker lunch.

That's too bad; I would have been very disappointed.

Our Ruby cruise in January was a 5 day cruise, and we had the same embarkation menu we've has on previous ships.

On the Sapphire in January it was one of the regular daily lunch menu with a wide variety of options. It was not the previous menu with choices like salmon or chateaubriand which I prefered.
I noticed on our 01/20 cruise on the Sapphire that the menus apparently were new and specifically for Coastal cruises. For instance, on our sea day, the lunch menu was COASTAL - L2/14, the dinner menu was COASTAL - D2/14 and the dessert menu was COASTAL - D2/Baked Alaska/14. The menu posted by MauiLvrs is COASTAL - L1/14. We will be boarding the Grand in March for a 10 day Mexico cruise and I hope they will have the old Embarkation day lunch menu. Edited by IECalCruiser

We did b2b cruises on the Ruby in December and ate lunch in the dining room booth embarkation days. I had my usual the first day--the shrimp and avocado appetizer and the salmon for my entree. I also ordered an appetizer size portion of the ravioli. Everything was tasty. On the second cruise, I ordered the beef instead of the salmon. It was not good--tough and overdone. Our waiter had brought me a full-size portion of the ravioli instead of the appetizer size portion I had ordered, so I was not hungry enough to place an order for the salmon to replace the beef.