Princess Secrets 2014!!!

lw4484

Okay, as for dessert later in the main dining room (for anytime dining only, I think), try it! Hopefully it still works. As far as seafood on sail away, the times I've seen it has been in the Cafe Caribe - which is part of the buffet that they turn into nicer dining at dinner time. The Lobster claws came pre-broken, but I still asked for one of the nut cracker things. I suspect it may only be on the Caribbean sailings, but sometimes it is listed in the patter, sometimes there is an announcement over the PA system. BTW, except in emergency, you may have difficulty hearing the announcements when in your stateroom. I will hear it partially and go open my door so I can clearly make out what they are saying. Glad they don't want to wake passengers by piping everything into the stateroom.

Okay, as for dessert later in the main dining room (for anytime dining only, I think), try it! Hopefully it still works.

There are also some good desserts in the International Cafe'

...sometimes it is listed in the patter, sometimes there is an announcement over the PA system. BTW, except in emergency, you may have difficulty hearing the announcements when in your stateroom. I will hear it partially and go open my door so I can clearly make out what they are saying. Glad they don't want to wake passengers by piping everything into the stateroom.

I do that as well although there is a channel you can tune to on your TV that has music and broadcasts the announcements as well.

And you're right about the emergency announcements they come through loud and clear. I speak from experience.

Edited by Kentskie

I have already book my cruise. If I buy stock now, will I be able to On Board Credits for this already booked cruise in May 2015? How much do you get for your investment?

Yes you can get the credit applied to your cruise.

If your cruise is 6 days or less it will be $50

7-13 days it will be $100

14 or more days will be $250

Mike:)

I have already book my cruise. If I buy stock now, will I be able to On Board Credits for this already booked cruise in May 2015? How much do you get for your investment?

You would have lots of time, actually too much, because Princess will not usually process shareholder obc until after final payment.

There are also some good desserts in the International Cafe'

I was on various Princess ships with International Cafes earlier this year and just debarked Caribbean Princess which also has one.

They used to have totally decadent delicious dark and white chocolate mousse served in a glass. Made with real chocolate and with a fantastically good bubbly texture.

Now its made with what we call in the US "pudding" which is a relatively tasteless smooth corn starch based gloopy dessert which is above all CHEAP to make.

Still served in the glass but nothing like the original.

I was on various Princess ships with International Cafes earlier this year and just debarked Caribbean Princess which also has one.

I found the after-market i.cafe on Carribbean to not be as good

as the factory-installed on Crown/Ruby/Emerald.

One thing I particularly did not like is that there is no bar seating

for coffee -- as the coffee machine is separate from the lobby bar.

On the newer ships, they are combined.

Actually, the lobby bar is a bit of a mess, as it still has the bump-out

from when they had pasteries there, which reduces seating. This

is an issue where there are big sales of the all-inclusive-drink-package,

and the bars are very crowded.

I just checked my cruise history -- I'd been on Carribbean in

2004,05,06,07 and twice this year.

I far prefer the newer grand class ships.

Not sure if it's officially 'allowed' but I have often used the spa locker room/showers when using the adult pool in the spa area. They are wonderful, with powerful showerheads!

I don't think it's an issue. I've even gone and gotten locker keys from the desk people.

We actually did a BVE on our own a while back as we had run out of FCC and you can only purchase those while onboard. We paid for the BVE for both of us, had our lunch (with wine), wandered around the ship, and bought more FCC. Of course we booked another cruise well within the time frame needed and the full $39 cost was applied to each of our accounts as OBC so it was free other than the drive to and from SF.

Could someone explain the value of FCC? I definitely don't understand it's value given that a seasoned cruiser pays to go on board to purchase. I will be going on another cruise in a couple of months, then next year I am planning on an Alaska cruise. If I understood the value I could purchase FCC for that Alaska trip. Thanks!

Could someone explain the value of FCC? I definitely don't understand it's value given that a seasoned cruiser pays to go on board to purchase. I will be going on another cruise in a couple of months, then next year I am planning on an Alaska cruise. If I understood the value I could purchase FCC for that Alaska trip. Thanks!

If you purchase a FCC while on the ship you get to use that as your total future deposit the next cruise you book. You also get additional on board credit for your next cruise. EX: You buy FCC. 3 months later you book a balcony room for your next cruise. When booking you do not need to put any money down, your FCC covers your deposit, and you have an additional $25 OBC. Your $100 investment in FCC's paid out $125.

I was amazed at the ease and benefit of purchasing the FCC. $100 per person, which acts as your deposit for any cruise you book within the next two years. So far less than the normal cost of a cruise deposit. Then Princess gifts you with OBC based on the length of the cruise you book.

My husband and I took our first Princess cruise this past March. The $200 we spent on two $100 FCCs paid for our deposit on next year's B2B, and we got $250 in OBC ($125 apiece) for our inside cabin.

So $450 in benefit for $200 cost..... an awesome deal! :cool:

I don't know whether this is a secret or not, but can you stow your empty suitcases under the bed?

Its no secret, but one couple should have learned about it. To save space perso a put the life jackets in the cases, while person b acked that the cases be taken away.

Problem was this was BEFORE life boat drill. :D john

Its no secret, but one couple should have learned about it. To save space perso a put the life jackets in the cases, while person b acked that the cases be taken away.

Problem was this was BEFORE life boat drill. :D john

Thanks for the responses everyone. John, your story was too funny. People are the funniest animals on the planet. :D

Edited by lone_stranger

Thanks for the responses everyone. John, your story was too funny. People are the funniest animals on the planet. :D

However! I have just seen a post that states that on Princess taking life jackets to the muster drill is now optional???

john