Princess Secrets 2014!!!

lw4484

The most common answer to this is to ask people onboard at your meet and greet to tell you who they use for their TA. Sadly, it's forbidden to ask that question or to answer it here on CC.

Thanks - I'm not surprised with your answer & that policy makes perfect sense.

The upstairs Horizon Court will have many of the same dinner items as are served in the main dining room. I like to check them out before ordering dinner downstairs so that I know what the dishes are.

They also post the lunch and dinner menus by the dining rooms. But not (dang it) the desserts.

For OBC from stock, do they only count the length of the cruise, or do they include the land tour (if applicable). i'm doing a 14 night cruisetour (7L/7C) - would I get 200 since its 14 days total, or only 100 since the cruise is only 7 nights? TIA

For OBC from stock, do they only count the length of the cruise, or do they include the land tour (if applicable). i'm doing a 14 night cruisetour (7L/7C) - would I get 200 since its 14 days total, or only 100 since the cruise is only 7 nights? TIA

The land portion is not included. The shareholder OBC is based solely on the length of the voyage.

• 3 weeks later...
Do you know if you can transfer on board credits?

If we don't use all of our on board credits during a cruise, can we transfer them to our next cruise?

What if you do back to back cruises?

What if the next cruise has not been booked yet?

Lise

Only between passengers sharing billing on same credit card I think

Yes if its back to back, not otherwise

See above, yes to back to back

If it hasn't been booked yet then its most likely not back to back so no, but if you book it whilst on board and its back to back then yes even if in a different cabin - but go and talk to Passenger Services and keep them informed..

Only between passengers sharing billing on same credit card I think

Yes if its back to back, not otherwise

See above, yes to back to back

If it hasn't been booked yet then its most likely not back to back so no, but if you book it whilst on board and its back to back then yes even if in a different cabin - but go and talk to Passenger Services and keep them informed..

Thanks for your quick reply.

We are doing 2 short cruises back to back in January, a 5-day and then a 4-day cruise. We are getting $450. on board credit, which is a lot for us.

We often cruise with Princess, so I was wondering if we can save some of those OBC to use on a future cruise. Thanks for the suggestion to talk to Passenger Services. You are right. That is the thing to do.

At around $40 per share, that's a $4k risk. Plus you're going to pay commission on each trade. If you're regularly doing 14 day cruises, it might be worth it. But for 13 days or under, a $50 to $100 credit hardly seems worth the stock risk.

This stock and other cruise lines has been all over the map...up and down as much as 25%. and that market sector is VERY volatile and you can loose your butt real fast.

Commission is nothing with many on line brokers like Ameritrade only charge a flat $10.00 per trade.

The whole premise for buying stock is for dividend and growth... a long term investment. Using this stock is going to save $50 or 100 is very un wise.

Rather go buy a good stock that is reliable.. Disney, Google, Nike, etc and get far more in growth ( like 15% a year interest plus dividend every year for the past 15 yr)

Buying stock for a cruise line is like buying gasoline to get a set of drinking glasses.

Originally Posted by Mingus View Post

The PSD will have extra copies of the Patter.

I now it is a dumb question, but being a new cruiser, what is the PSD, and where onboard is it located?

Thanks.

John

Passenger Services Desk, often on Deck 5. Edited by taxatty

Early breakfast. Elevenses in IC with speciality coffee and pastry. Lunch at 1PM. Tea at 3:30. Cocktail and Canapes in Elite Lounge at 5:45. Dinner at 7:30 and snacks before midnight. Then at least 4 or 5 Tums at bedtime.

Loved this and love you for saying it.

Ginny :rolleyes:

Has anyone read that Princess rewards elite members on their 21st cruise with onboard credit and possibly even other perks? I heard there is luncheon for the (40?) passengers with most days cruised and maybe a special cocktail party as well?? Someone read this information to me but, I have no idea where she saw it printed as I can't find it anywhere.

Thank you for any insight you all can provide.

There have been a couple times where they have passed out cookies during MUTS. It was on the Emerald a few years back they passed out popcorn, cookies and milk and pizza. Talk about HEAVEN!!

It's the little things that make ya smile.:)

A couple of years ago my DH took advantage of all these, including mine as I went to get him lemonade in the HC, to go with the pizza & popcorn, while waiting for the movie to start. When we 1st got to the muts area you pass by the ice cream, he got himself a malt. It sounded good to him. This was after dinner & dessert, of course. We did not even stay for very much of the movie, it was not good. So that night he had indigestion so bad he was up all night. The next day he still had it. This has never happened before. I convinced him to go to the doctor the next day about 4:00 PM. The doctor gave him some kind of IV, that finally did the trick. The doctor said this happens a lot. From then on he learned his lesson:o

It is very hard to resist, with everything including the cookies being so yummy, as they did pass around all of the above:)

Edited by Ronnieslady

Has anyone read that Princess rewards elite members on their 21st cruise with onboard credit and possibly even other perks? I heard there is luncheon for the (40?) passengers with most days cruised and maybe a special cocktail party as well?? Someone read this information to me but, I have no idea where she saw it printed as I can't find it anywhere.

Happily, like you, our Sitmar cruises count. :)

We'll always miss Sitmar!:o

Being invited to the special luncheon is based on each sailing for those with the most number of days so it's hard to tell in advance how many will have cruised more ... so may or may not be invited.

LuLu

We just took our 21st and also wondered how the onboard credit would work. There was a card on the desk in our cabin advising that an additional $25 had been added to our account for our 21st cruise. We each got one.

We just took our 21st and also wondered how the onboard credit would work. There was a card on the desk in our cabin advising that an additional $25 had been added to our account for our 21st cruise. We each got one.

Do you now get this extra OBC on all your Princess Cruises or is this a one time thing?