Carnival Splendor - what NY port

acctgtogo

What New York Port does the Carnival Splendor use? My daughter is leaving today on that ship and I am having trouble finding out which port she is using. With the weather like it is - I'm just curious to find the port web cam and any information I can about the weather conditions, etc. Thanks.

CCL's Splendor is at her regular spot - Manhattan Cruise Terminal, Pier 90 (usually & from live webcam, looked like it is)

Link to live cam - http : //www. cruise. me/cruisecams/ships/carnival_cruise_lines/carnival_splendor.php (copy to a new tab & edit the extra blank spaces inserted on your browser to view it - per CC policy on links) or, try here (some of the data feeds are not coming in this morning, maybe weather-related issues with links) http://www.nyharborwebcam.com/

Across NYC, we had about 6" of wet snow overnight, started around 1:30 AM in our area - switched over to sleet & freezing rain, some areas are reporting a thin coating/sheet of ice on the top surface/layer, making it dangerous for inexperienced drivers going too fast for road conditions.

I had to go out earlier - primary roads had been plowed & salted, highways are fine, ramps are always slick & tricky, secondary roads are passable with caution, fewer cars on the road as a whole. Mass transits are on a reduced & modified schedule - things are a bit "worst" than us, at least part of the NJ Transit and/or regional commuter trains/rails are experiencing problems and/or not running. I-84 north of the city, from PA line to CT state line are shut due to icing. There are scattered power outages & lines down, as expected. Airports in the area have cancellations and/or delays - typical winter happening.

Link to one of our favorite live commute-road conditions for the metro NY area - http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/channel?section=resources/traffic&id=8487767

Lastly, live view of Times Square/Broadway area (multiple cam feeds) - http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/?cam=gpbroadway

Edited by mking8288

Thanks for all of the information. She is traveling by train from Philly to NY, then taking a cab to the pier. Her original train was cancelled but she now has tickets for the next train that leaves at 11:15AM. According to the Amtrak site, those that are leaving Philly are getting to NY without problems - only some slight delays. She should still be there in plenty of time as long as nothing happens along the way. It has been quite a stressful morning.

I think I heard all trains were cancelled?

Long Island Rail Road had suspension between Jamaica and Mineola due to a train that caught fire. Service has resumed with delays

New Jersey Transit, Metro North and the Subway are having delays due to the weather/icing/power problems but nothing suspended.

All three NYC Airports are open but airlines have cancelled many flights. My co-worker was supposed to fly out today LGA/MIA at 2pm now is on a 10am flight tomorrow, the metal he was supposed to fly has yet to leave Chicago.

FWIW

JFK is doing much better than EWR in takeoffs & landings, LGA is also open as an airport, packed with stranded travelers - but, only about 10 flights landed between 6AM (it's closed midnight to 6 AM) and 1:30 PM EDT according to flightstat - with this weather & fog, I can't see across the bay (as I normally can) but I just don't hear the roars of the jets taking off.

As for OP's daught got rebooked on the NE Regional #184 scheduled for 11:15 departure for 12:46 PM @ NYP, Amtrak status page showed it left @ 11:27 & arrived @ 12:55 - she should be working her way to the MCT, about 15+ blocks once she hop into a taxi (slow go with sleet/ice/rain mix). Otherwise, the net NER #174 departed 12:46 & due to arrive NYP @ 2:04P - fingers crossed & a bit of hustle, can still make it before cutoff (60 minutes before sailing time, let's hope they will delay & wait with this weather ...)

Edited by mking8288