SO EXCITED! Booked 1st time Suite! Please tell me what I can look forward to!!!

Dreamer333

• 3 weeks later...
Did you get an aft suite? I'm curious to know what others think of them.

Yes, I heard great things about Sabatini's!

We were on a b2b cruise to Mexico booked in a mini....We got upgraded to a suite, and I asked if there were any aft suites. We got one, and it was awesome. Sitting on the balcony and watching/hearing the wake was just unbelievable....If you have the chance, do it.....However, it is a very loooong walk everytime you exit and enter your suite.....

We were on a b2b cruise to Mexico booked in a mini....We got upgraded to a suite, and I asked if there were any aft suites. We got one, and it was awesome. Sitting on the balcony and watching/hearing the wake was just unbelievable....If you have the chance, do it.....However, it is a very loooong walk everytime you exit and enter your suite.....

Good way to work off some of those Sabatini's breakfasts.:D:D

Good way to work off some of those Sabatini's breakfasts.:D:D

Yes, probably why I don't gain too much weight when cruising cause we love the aft.

However, I just today found out about the breakfast at Sabatini's.....Will definitely take advantage of that this next cruise coming up on Sep 28th.....

Thanks for the information Jackie. I just assumed that as we didn't pay the full suite price, we had an upwell, that we weren't entitled to the 2 status credits. A quick call to Princess today sees us one credit closer to Elite! I am glad I found this forum.

The suites are addictive though. After our upsell we booked a suite on our next cruise on the Royal Princess. We had C102 right at the front with a window in the bedroom facing forward and a balcony on the side. It was great very spacious. We only ate in Sabatinis once as the cruise was very port intensive and on other occasions we tried it was not open early enough.

Enjoy your suite and be prepared to book again!

Anne

We paid for an upgrade on our last b2b...What do you mean about credits???? Were we supposed to get 2 for the upgrade, meaning on the 1st leg of the cruise, that counted as 1 toward getting to Platinum, and the 2nd leg, if we had stayed in the mini, would be the 2nd toward Platinum. The upgrade was on the 2nd leg. So should we have gotten 3 total credits instead of 2???? toward Platinum status.....

• 2 weeks later...
We enjoyed our 1st time in a suite (Sapphire Princess) a couple of weeks ago. One of the nice perks was a phone call each day asking when and where we wanted to eat that night - nice if you do anytime dining. You will get one free dinner for 2 at a specialty restaurant. Ours had to be on embarkation night. You will get one free mini bar setup - 2 if you are Elite. You will get a beautiful flower arrangement and 2 splits of "champagne". My wife loved the plush robes and free thermal spa. The breakfast at Sabatini's was wonderful. We loved the poached egg dish and the service was impeccable.

We will be in a full suite in 10 days time on the Diamond. As we are able to have a free dinner for 2 at a speciality restaurant on embarkation night, how do we go about organizing the dinner and the time we want it. Do we just phone the restaurant and book it or does our cabin steward organize it?

We are looking forward to the "suite experience" as we normally book a mini suite. The extra room and larger balcony will be wonderful besides all the extra perks though being Elite we do receive quite a few of them anyhow.

Jennie

How does the dvd library work, where do you go to get them?

There are about 100 titles on the list. Some relatively new, some quite old. You can only borrow two at a time. When you return one or both (leave it for your cabin steward) you will receive a new DVD menu to ask for up to two more.

Jackie

• 1 year later...
Thanks for the pictures, it looks wonderful. We will be in D122 which is one deck below the cabin you were in. We do have two tender ports so thank you for the heads up on the loud noise. We will be ready for it! Getting really excited!

Hi there,

We are considering D122 on the Royal Princess. Can you tell me what you thought of it?

Thanks.

Suites tend to have more electrical outlets to charge all of your devices-camera batteries,laptop,cell phone,etc. than other cabins.

Suites also have a very nice table top make up/magnifying mirror too.

There are 2 televisions-one for the bedroom, one for the lounge area,plus a DVD player in the lounge area

There is also a wet bar sink.

Never had trouble making dinner reservations in anytime dining for 2 people regardless of what time we wanted. Maybe we were lucky?

If you are on a port intensive cruise, the perk of ordering MDR menus for dinner is really priceless-particularly on Med and Baltic cruises. Wish I had booked a suite for those trips! You are so tired and dirty after those long days it is hard to stay awake to eat in the MDR since you know the next day is another early port day!

Even if you are not in a suite, I plan on booking a specialty restaurant the last night of the cruise. Food in the MDR on the last night tends to not be very good and the menu in the specialty restaurants is the same every night.

Another thing to consider in a suite is that minimizing your meals in MDR or the buffet can reduce your risk of getting NORO!

Forgot to mention in my prior post that Suite passengers get to board really early so if getting a spot in the Sanctuary is on your bucket list that makes it much more likely that you can get your loungers since you board earlier than most other passengers.

• 2 months later...

I am not aware of any special perks at lunch on embarkation day.

On all other days you can order from the MDR menu for breakfast,lunch and dinner-even on formal nights. But the suite breakfast in Crown Grill/Sabatinis is really wonderful. Not to be missed except for early port days.

You are also allowed to order room service on disembarkation morning-that is a HUGE perk.

We did SHARE on embarkation night-very good food but I would not pay $39 for it. It was very "salty",but then I think most food on the ship is way too salty.

Speaking of salt, the SaltyDog was really good-did that our last night on the ship.

Have not made it to Crown Grill-menu looks really good but I cannot eat that much food-at any price. SaltyDog was worth the $19 cover in my opinion. Good value overall.

On all other days you can order from the MDR menu for breakfast,lunch and dinner-even on formal nights. But the suite breakfast in Crown Grill/Sabatinis is really wonderful. Not to be missed except for early port days.

You are also allowed to order room service on disembarkation morning-that is a HUGE perk.

We did SHARE on embarkation night-very good food but I would not pay $39 for it. It was very "salty",but then I think most food on the ship is way too salty.

Speaking of salt, the SaltyDog was really good-did that our last night on the ship.

Have not made it to Crown Grill-menu looks really good but I cannot eat that much food-at any price. SaltyDog was worth the $19 cover in my opinion. Good value overall.

We found that Sabatinis for breakfast to be a wonderful perk. Been a while since we last sailed on princess and perhaps now they offer butler service, free laundry and other perks similar to Celebrity. I they ever sail from Brooklyn to Bermuda or the Bahamas in August, we might try them again.

Thanks for the replies. I hate leaving the cabin for breakfast but I read so much about the breakfast in the Grill it appears to be a must! I will be interested to discover what it is that is so amazing [emoji4]

I will be interested to discover what it is that is so amazing [emoji4]

Well, part of it is that the staff is the best of the best. And a great ratio of crew to customers. So every passenger has a different experience but they put focused effort into making it memorable.

On the Crown we were treated to dancing cappuccino and fancy footwork after a waiter learned my DD was attending Flash Mob classes. On the CB there were sly little goat and sheep noises slipped in by a waiter with ventriloquist skills. These are my memories. And I still smile at them :)

I think there's a dedicated barista and a beverage wrangler, in addition to the waitstaff and headwaiter. You're just in the care of a really good team who's happy to have that gig.

Worth leaving the cabin for.

Pro Tip: First-Time Princess cruisers who book a Suite should print an extra copy of their Preferred Boarding Pass to ensure they can use the Preferred Area despite holding a lowly Blue Card. Not so much for the Princess staff but for the benefit of fellow Passengers who want to be helpful and re-direct them to the General Population! :cool:

I didn't want to start a new topic just for this question.

Being new to Princess I will have the "lowly Blue Card" in a Suite.

Other than the Preferred Boarding Pass, what do we need to carry with us so the helpful P&E passengers don't keep re-directing us when we try to attend a PES event?

Any more Pro Tips are welcome. Particularly for the Island Princess.

We found that Sabatinis for breakfast to be a wonderful perk. Been a while since we last sailed on princess and perhaps now they offer butler service, free laundry and other perks similar to Celebrity. I they ever sail from Brooklyn to Bermuda or the Bahamas in August, we might try them again.

There's no butler service for suite passengers on Princess. I'm not sure what I'd use a butler for anyway. We love the aft suites and always book one if available.

Being new to Princess I will have the "lowly Blue Card" in a Suite.

Other than the Preferred Boarding Pass, what do we need to carry with us so the helpful P&E passengers don't keep re-directing us when we try to attend a PES event?

Smiling at your excellent question. It echoes a little talk I had with DD before we sailed in that Suite with our noob Blue Cards.

The Preferred Boarding Passes (print in color if you can, the top border is GREEN to indicate your boarding priority) are useful in the case you don't get handed a Preferred Boarding Slip. It varies by Port and sometimes by Sailing, whether or not the Slips are used to help identify Preferred Boarding status. Heck, it may vary by check-in agent from what I have seen.

Once on board, the Boarding Pass holds no magic any more. Put Pass and Slip into the scrapbook.

On Board! Yay!

PES "events" include priority tendering (you get tickets in your suite for this, so no worries), the PES evening lounge, the separate line at Passenger Services, and well, Suite Breakfast. Your first visit to Sabatini's (or CG) breakfast the Headwaiter notes your suite number and memorizes your faces. So that leaves only the Lounge and Passenger Services express-line as possibilities for awkward encounters with "aggressively helpful" fellow cruisers. Princess personnel: will not challenge you as long as you advise them of your Suite number. Passengers: packing your patience and sense of humor is the best Pro Tip here, and each situation would be different.

My DD and I are both very confrontation averse but there weren't any BlueCard related flare-ups at all, at least that I remember. I told her to stand her ground, politely, and remember she *is* in the right place unless/until the Princess Crew advises her otherwise.

I did a Bon Voyage Experience last month; I'm Platinum now but the cruise card I got for the BVE was ...blue. Aah nostalgia! [emoji64]

Edited by sminfiddle