Possible new menu dessert changes in light of JH's Facebook question?

wantocruisemore

So JH asked on Facebook which we preferred, Chocolate Melting cake or Bitter n Blanc. My interpretation of this is they may be revisiting the new dessert menu. I did not count all the responses, but it looked like CMC won. However, a noticeable number said they preferred B & B to CMC.

I can't figure if they are using this an an excuse to say, well we polled and more people wanted CMC so no B&B or not. I honestly think B & B should be offered at least one night. I know there are some diehard CBC fans though.

Thoughts???? Maybe there will be hope for my May Liberty cruise to at least get B & B back.

So JH asked on Facebook which we preferred, Chocolate Melting cake or Bitter n Blanc. My interpretation of this is they may be revisiting the new dessert menu. I did not count all the responses, but it looked like CMC won. However, a noticeable number said they preferred B & B to CMC.

I can't figure if they are using this an an excuse to say, well we polled and more people wanted CMC so no B&B or not. I honestly think B & B should be offered at least one night. I know there are some diehard CBC fans though.

Thoughts???? Maybe there will be hope for my May Liberty cruise to at least get B & B back.

The latest times and dates I have seen for the rollout of the new menus seems to have slowed down. I think originally I saw they planned to complete by end of year (2014), and I beleive I saw on John's blog (might have been here) recently that it was now going to roll into 2015. Taking their time to do it right is probably a good thing. Whether you can read into his questions a potenial change of adding or subbing B&B is up for debate.

I still vote for creme brûlée

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

I'm with you. That is my favourite dessert and Carnival made a great one! I was on the Liberty Jan 18th sailing and experienced the new menus. I loved the food and the although the menus were a bit limited the selections tehy had were really great. HOwever, the dessert selection is VERY insufficient. Each night they had pie, but the menu doesn't list what kind of pie. I"m not a fan of pie or chocolate. The choices were WMC, pie and usually one other item.

I guess I interpreted differently. More like a poll (how many like "A", how many like "B", etc.), than a change to the menu. I would think it's easy enough to find out which desserts are the most popular or requested just by asking the chefs and the wait staff on each ship. I'm not much of a cake person. I prefer pie, whether it's a fruit pie, such as peach or apple, or a cream type pie, such as coconut or banana. And, most any type of cookies.;):)

I still vote for creme brûlée

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

Me, too. I actually had Strawberry Bisque and Creme Brulee last Friday (1/31). The hostess had arranged it with the chef. He said he'd do it but on the last night. Probably so he wouldn't get a bunch of other requests.

Me, too. I actually had Strawberry Bisque and Creme Brulee last Friday (1/31). The hostess had arranged it with the chef. He said he'd do it but on the last night. Probably so he wouldn't get a bunch of other requests.

You got this on the Liberty after the new menu went into effect?

I'm partial to both desserts, and enjoy the creme brûlée when it is served hot and not at room temperature which is what I have found on all of my cruises with CCL.

creme brûlée is traditionally served at room temperature

I prefer B&B! I love WCMC, but I will be so sad if B&B is gone for good!

Cream Brûlée is my # 1 favorite. When I heard it was gone I thought of going to another line!! The spaghetti carbonara was my second CCL favorite and it's gone too! I'm from the south. If I want pie I can make any flavor they serve! Pie. Seriously? O'Charley's is giving it away!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Why not offer both.

I much prefer creme brulee' and the Bitter & Blanc over the WCMC. It is to sweet and chocolaty for my taste. Most restauranteurs that that you CAN'T go wrong with creme brelee' = it is a universal dessert, easy to make, inexpensive, and can be made in advance, and blast heated when ordered. Hope they will consider bringing creme brulee', Bitter&Blanc and the cheese plate back to the dining room menu before I cruise in december on Triumph!!!

Why does it have to be one or the other? That's what I wonder. If both are very popular then Carnival should offer both.

Or maybe it was a slow Carnival news day, and JH couldn't think of anything else to talk about. ;-)

Edited by winddawn