Unlimited Laundry Package

ColumbiaSC

I am booked for the 42-day ms Maasdam 31 Oct - Dec 12 "Atlantic Adventure" from FLL to FLL. I want to order the Unlimited Laundry Package or at least learn about its cost. I emailed HAL Customer Relations and got do-not-respond reply telling me to contact HAL Reservations, which I did. I got a nice reply, saying my query would be answered in a day or so --- but that has been a week ago! Does anyone know for sure that a person can order the Unlimited Laundry Package BEFORE sailing, or does one have to wait until boarding the ship?

I had previously gone online to HAL and tried to find what I wanted under "Indulgences" but no luck. Why is it you can order shore excursions and liquor, candy, etc. and not an Unlimited Laundry Package before departure?

I can only help (a little) with the cost.

Since this is a cruise that goes to Europe, the higher per diem may apply.

Usually the price is close to $7.00 times the number of days in the cruise. On European cruises, the price is more like $9.00 times the number of days in the cruise.

Last summer on our 31 day Prinsendam TA and Baltic cruise, I called ship's services and was quoted a price of $210 for the cabin for the trip. I didn't purchase it then (and don't remember if I could on the phone) but decided to wait until we boarded in Fort Lauderdale. Glad I did. I went to the front desk after boarding and inquired about it and was happily surprised that the cost was $180 for the cabin for the trip. We used it not quite daily and it was well worth either price. Not sure if the prices have changed since May of 2013, but the price at $7 - $9 a day is worth it when you balance the fact that you can pack for roughly 7 days (as we did) and use far less luggage for the trip and always had clean, pressed clothes.

Edited by 0bnxshs

Approximately, $7.00 per cabin per day. It is available to purchase by calling Ships Services. Most people just purchase onboard.

Sign up can vary, some cruises just have you check the unlimited box on the laundry form. Others have asked us to come to the front desk to sign up. If in doubt, give the front desk a call.

To get the exact answer for your question call Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576. They will give you the price for your cruise and can book it and will bill it to your credit card. I recommend you ask for them to send you an email of confirmation which they will do. We always book it in advance just to get it paid for.

Edited by larsen

Does the daily or unlimited laundry service include pressing?

Anything sent to be washed is returned either pressed, or neatly folded---as appropriate for the garment.

The folded clothes are placed in a wicker basket, lined with tissue paper, and sealed with little medallion. It's an attractive presentation.

RuthC is absolutely on the button, as usual. Laundry is returned, folded and pressed in pristine condition between tissues. We're talking about laundry, not dry cleaning, as is clear from my inquiry. It is WASHED. It does NOT involve sending something out just to "be pressed"!

Don.

Edited by ColumbiaSC
Error in what I meant...

Thanks! I was actually wondering about pressing of my husband's suit. Never had to pack it in a suitcase before so great to know it's so reasonable just to press!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Pack it inside a laundry bag or even a garbage bag:) Place it on top in the suitcase with sleeves carefully folded in. It will be crease-free. But if not, hang it in the bathroom when you shower... the steam will help drop the creases out. It always works for my DH's suit.

Just to report back about my telephone conversation with HAL Ship Services Department. It was a pleasant experience. The charge for Unlimited Laundry Package for the 42-day ms Maasdam voyage Oct 31-Dec 12, 2014, is $252 or $6 per day. I have decided to wait until I board, as this price is well above what I paid for 111 days on the 2012 World Cruise of the ms Amsterdam. Besides, my cabin is next door to a Laundrette, and I might opt for that.

I asked also about the cost for a fridge in my booked cabin, which does not have a fridge. It is $2 per day. I did not buy that either, as I'll wait until I board. The reason: again, on my 2012 WC on the ms Amsterdam all I did was to tell the steward that I wanted a fridge and I got one immediately for the entire voyage --- and there was no charge. The steward will bring ice in a bucket twice a day (9 am and 5 pm), and I have no real need for iced colas.

• 4 months later...

I am booked for the 42-day ms Maasdam 31 Oct - Dec 12 "Atlantic Adventure" from FLL to FLL. I want to order the Unlimited Laundry Package or at least learn about its cost. I emailed HAL Customer Relations and got do-not-respond reply telling me to contact HAL Reservations, which I did. I got a nice reply, saying my query would be answered in a day or so --- but that has been a week ago! Does anyone know for sure that a person can order the Unlimited Laundry Package BEFORE sailing, or does one have to wait until boarding the ship?

I had previously gone online to HAL and tried to find what I wanted under "Indulgences" but no luck. Why is it you can order shore excursions and liquor, candy, etc. and not an Unlimited Laundry Package before departure?

I am on the upcoming 12 day Baltic cruise on the Eurodam and there are three females in our cabin so I called Ship Services and pre purchased the unlimited laundry package. The price was $84 for the cabin for the entire 12 days. I thought that was very reasonable!

I am on the upcoming 12 day Baltic cruise on the Eurodam and there are three females in our cabin so I called Ship Services and pre purchased the unlimited laundry package. The price was $84 for the cabin for the entire 12 days. I thought that was very reasonable!

We just paid $108 for the same service on the same cruise this May 2014 (which works out to $9 a day as stated previously.) There was no notice in the cabin or in the dailies. I went to the front desk and purchased it. What a bargain--we had already been in Amsterdam pre-cruise. We got our money back after the second time we sent laundry. I also sent every thing that was dirty two days before the last day (last day they will take laundry) asked that it all be folded. Packed nicely in the suitcase and it was the first time I didn't have loads of laundry to do after a vacation.

We just paid $108 for the same service on the same cruise this May 2014 (which works out to $9 a day as stated previously.) There was no notice in the cabin or in the dailies. I went to the front desk and purchased it. What a bargain--we had already been in Amsterdam pre-cruise. We got our money back after the second time we sent laundry. I also sent every thing that was dirty two days before the last day (last day they will take laundry) asked that it all be folded. Packed nicely in the suitcase and it was the first time I didn't have loads of laundry to do after a vacation.

Why $84 and $108 for the same cruise? We will be on a 12-day Baltic next month and I'm wondering if I should pre-purchase if it costs less? :confused:

Why $84 and $108 for the same cruise? We will be on a 12-day Baltic next month and I'm wondering if I should pre-purchase if it costs less? :confused:

I would call ship services ahead of time and ask. I would think that things get more expensive once you are on board. If they quote the price I got then I would definitely prepay for it. Like the OP said, we too are doing 3 days in Oslo and a night in Copenhagen pre cruise so we will be able to fill the laundry bag the first night on board!

We were on the 12-day Baltic and purchased ahead of time for $84. Our friend called the same number and was told to purchase it on board. He did and it cost $108. Where you purchase it must be the difference.

When we entered our room there was an "A Gift for You" card saying we had gotten the laundry package. We had to sign the card and drop it off at the front desk. I did have to contest three laundry charges on my final bill, but had no trouble getting them removed. I suggest checking periodically.

Edited by Big Al B.
add information

Someone earlier on this thread said it was $7/day in Caribbean/Alaska and $9/day in Europe.

Last year on Voyage of the Vikings, a 35-day cruise, they only charged for the first 30 days, bringing the price down to $6/day. It was a mystery to me that not everyone took advantage of HAL's wonderful, affordable laundry service.

810 days at sea....39 ships.....7 continents

Princess ELITE.......... HAL 4*

Plus 10 other cruise lines, at least 5 of which are no longer in business. Hope it wasn't my fault! :)