Unlimited Laundry Package

ColumbiaSC

I have done the unlimited laundry for about 4 cruises. I don't even bother going to the front desk to order it. I just check unlimited laundry on the laundry slip. I'm always billed the appropriate cost. There is usually a card in the room with the cost.

for COLUMBIASC: I called Ship services 800-541-1576 and was quoted $7/day/cabin laundry pkg.

Not surprising. We once received info from Ships Services. When we boarded the ship, laundry prices were completely different.

I would call ship services ahead of time and ask. I would think that things get more expensive once you are on board. If they quote the price I got then I would definitely prepay for it. Like the OP said, we too are doing 3 days in Oslo and a night in Copenhagen pre cruise so we will be able to fill the laundry bag the first night on board!

Thank you, I will do that! We'll get it no matter what, but a savings is always appreciated. :D

We also will be traveling before the cruise. Three days in London and a night in Stockholm.

I would call ship services ahead of time and ask. I would think that things get more expensive once you are on board. If they quote the price I got then I would definitely prepay for it. Like the OP said, we too are doing 3 days in Oslo and a night in Copenhagen pre cruise so we will be able to fill the laundry bag the first night on board!

Thank you again, I just got off the phone with ship services and got the $84 deal. :D She did have to check on what ship we'll be on, so it must vary by ship.

We are on the Nieuw Amsterdam TA followed by 7 nights Eastern Caribbean cruise, 20 nights total. Phoned Ship Services yesterday and ordered the unlimited package. We were charged $140. It was dealt with very quickly and I had a confirmation invoice within minutes.

Sue:)

I always thought this to be an 'extravagance' and laughed at folks who had their laundry done on board............ that is past history now !:o

We had laundry done one day on a HAL AK cruise and it was maaaavalus!! With the price of luggage and weight (which I am always SOOO close to 50#!) I think it is well worth the unlimited laundry fee of $7/day for both my husband and myself.

I just called and that is the quote for a Ca/New England 7 nighter -- or $20/bag.... so depends on how little we want to pack as to which one we will end up doing.

Pretty nice 'treat' if you ask me -- especially when we plan to fly in 3 days early!:D

I keep my luggage costs down by doing unlimited laundry and I book it at the front desk after I board. This last cruise there was a notice on the desk in the room detailing costs of unlimited laundry and telling me I just had to mark the laundry form. However, I still went to Front desk which was not busy... better to be safe about what I want.

Susan

I can only help (a little) with the cost.

Since this is a cruise that goes to Europe, the higher per diem may apply.

Usually the price is close to $7.00 times the number of days in the cruise. On European cruises, the price is more like $9.00 times the number of days in the cruise.

Hi Ruth,

Have you been on the Nieuw Amsterdam? If so can you verify there is a room to iron clothes? I am a little worried about wrinkled clothes after the airlines get done using my bags as bean bags!

Hi Ruth,

Have you been on the Nieuw Amsterdam? If so can you verify there is a room to iron clothes? I am a little worried about wrinkled clothes after the airlines get done using my bags as bean bags!

Hi, back. :)

The Nieuw Amsterdam is the one HAL ship I haven't sailed (yet. have it booked), but I do know that there is no self-service laundry w/ironing facilities on board.

You do have a few choices, though. You can either purchase an ironing package, or send ironing out paid by the piece.

I also suggest you pack your clothes in dry cleaner plastic bags. Somehow they do help prevent wrinkles. If there is something that seems to need a little attention, hang it in the bathroom after someone has taken a hot shower. The steam helps to relax wrinkles.

Another thing you could try is Downey Wrinkle Release. People swear by it (not at it ;)).

I was recently talking to someone who did a 22-day cruise, and used the "per bag" system for laundry - said you could stuff loads of laundry into a bag for $20 per, and it worked out more economical than purchasing the laundry package at $7/day.

I was recently talking to someone who did a 22-day cruise' date=' and used the "per bag" system for laundry - said you could stuff loads of laundry into a bag for $20 per, and it worked out more economical than purchasing the laundry package at $7/day.[/quote']

The number of people sharing the plan, and the itinerary can make a big difference in value, though. In colder climes something can be worn more than once, while in hot places you want to wash after only one wearing.

When you use the $20 per bag plan, you tend to want to fill the bag to get your money's worth. That takes a few days. For a solo, that can take almost the entire cruise on a 7-day to Alaska! At that point, you've had to pack a lot of clothes.

On a very hot itinerary it's nice to come in, toss what you wore that day in the bag, and send it out. With the unlimited plan, you feel that since you already paid, it doesn't matter how little is in the bag. :p

Ruth,

Thanks for the reply. Wrinkle Release packed and after reading posts I am doing the $20 laundry bag half way in our 12 day cruise .

We fly out tomorrow - woooo hoooo !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can you try the bag full of laundry for $20 and if it is not going to be satisfactory then change to the daily charge?

I'd be willing to bet you can do that. You wouldn't get the full use of the unlimited, since they would charge you for the number of days of the cruise (including the days before you signed up for it).

We're big fans of the per bag deal -- on most of our cruises. Each time has been different circumstances. If we arrive at the ship after a couple weeks of land travel, we make good use of the unlimited in that case, since we'll have laundry (lots) to send out right away.

Ruth makes a good point about the hotter weather cruises and the number of people in your cabin.