Interior room size

Jaylie

If you check out the cabin descriptions for the ship you're interested in it should give the dimensions.

For the Ruby a balcony is described as 231 sq. ft. with a 45 sq. ft. balcony - cabin would be about 186 sq. ft.

Inside is listed as 162 to 182 sq. ft.

The 12 sq. ft. difference really isn't that much - picture a 3 x 4 foot rectangle (or 1 x 12 ft. strip).

We're booked in an interior on the Ruby for our upcoming cruise in August (26 days). We spent 34 days in an interior on RCCL's Radiance of the Seas and it was plenty roomy at 165 square feet.

I recently came back from a 2 week cruise with an inside cabin. Since I am used to a balcony or suite, I was worried about the inside, but in the end there was no issue. We spent so little time in the room (we were at the pool all day), that I did not miss the balcony that much. There was plenty of space for all our clothes.

What is the difference in an interior stateroom size vs a stateroom with a balcony (not including the balcony in the sq. ft.). We've done one cruise on Princess Ruby, and had a balcony (which we didn't use much).

These are the stats for the Golden (picked at random)...Of 1,316 cabins, 366 are standard insides (measuring 160 square feet), 214 are standard outside cabins (168 to 206 square feet), and 514 are balcony cabins (185 to 193 square feet, with balconies measuring 45 to 81 square feet).

We just did a back to back on The Ruby. The first segment we were in an inside and found it plenty spacious with a great amount of storage space. Really liked the layout. We then moved to a balcony and it was nice no real noticeable space inside the cabin difference and we actually felt the inside (in the inside cabin) felt roomier due to the wall space utilized differently.

This was our first time in an inside and would not hesitate to do it again! One issue that I had a problem with but my husband did not was with no outside light at all my internal clock was messed up. I just wanted to sleep! An alarm clock borrowed from our room steward did the trick. As there is only the tiny time read out on the phone that you can't see from your bed. So bring one - it could be helpful!

Edited by marazad16

What is the difference in an interior stateroom size vs a stateroom with a balcony (not including the balcony in the sq. ft.). We've done one cruise on Princess Ruby, and had a balcony (which we didn't use much).

We sail on the Island this year. I found that by going to Princess site as if booking, clicking "interior" I could pick a deck then click on "see all cabin types" (top right corner). From there you can see square footage of the interior cabins and check out the balcony cabin sizes. They show total area with specific balcony size and there are some that are larger than others.

One issue that I had a problem with but my husband did not was with no outside light at all my internal clock was messed up. I just wanted to sleep!

I know exactly what you mean. We did 22 days in an inside cabin through Northern Europe and we called it our little cave! Best sleep ever, but very hard to get out of bed in the morning! :)

Only cruised twice so far.

First was Alaska on Sea Princess. We had an inside cabin and it was really small. Almost had to go outside to change my mind. Sea Princess is a great ship but it's smaller. I just checked the deck plans and the room is listed at 135 sq. ft.

Second cruise was a balcony room on Star Princess. The room was much larger. It's listed as 232 sq. ft with 45 sq. ft. being the balcony. That leaves the room at 187 sq. ft. Compared to the 135 sq. ft. we had previously it felt wonderfully big.

I have an balcony booked on Grand in May and an inside booked on Star in November. The balcony is listed at 274 sq. ft. but 81 sq. ft. should be balcony (Caribe deck) so that makes the room 193 sq. ft. The inside is listed at 160 sq. ft. (also Caribe deck). I'm betting that extra 33 sq. ft. and the large balcony is going to feel like quite a bit of extra room. (The balcony room is also an aft cabin - C752. Looking forward to that location.)

No matter what I'm sure they will both feel a lot more roomy than that little 135 sq. ft. cabin on Sea Princess!

Despite the small room, my wife and I both loved our cruise on Sea Princess. You can never take a "first cruise" again and that one was what made a believer out of me! :D

Big room or small room nothing beats cruising!!!

We have sailed in every category from full suite to inside. While each category is nicer as you go up, in our opinion it does not justify the cost. We actually really like the insides. The cabins are about as spacious as ocean views and balconies and cost less. We actually like the closet/dressing area on an inside better than the "walk in" closet in a suite. Plus as others have said, they are really great for sleeping in the morning. We have done a 48 and a 49 day cruise in insides and never felt claustrophobic. Other than changing and sleeping we do not spend much time in the cabin.

My wife and I have been in an inside cabin on all 6 of our Princess cruises. They are an economical way to cruise. Princess makes great use of the space. Here are a few photos of a typical inside cabin on Princess:

5425796110_47d9a323f2_z.jpg

Golden Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

5425796212_7d993f5dcd_z.jpg

5425191907_4ca40b26fa_z.jpg

I have an balcony booked on Grand in May and an inside booked on Star in November. The balcony is listed at 274 sq. ft. but 81 sq. ft. should be balcony (Caribe deck) so that makes the room 193 sq. ft. The inside is listed at 160 sq. ft. (also Caribe deck). I'm betting that extra 33 sq. ft. and the large balcony is going to feel like quite a bit of extra room. (The balcony room is also an aft cabin - C752. Looking forward to that location.)

C752 - you will love that room, location and the balcony. We were on the CB in room C753 (same room opposite side of the ship).

The location is very quiet, at the end of your own little hall. The balcony is large with a great view since you see aft and also to the side. We loved the balcony so much we ordered room service almost every morning and often ordered lunch also. We spent a lot of time on the balcony.

We actually have the same room booked on the CB in two weeks.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Depends on the ship.