Spring 2014 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns and more...

KandCsailing

Last week was Ricky Martin. Redfoo was the week before with everyone wearing the glasses.

He is half of the group LMFAO who had the hits Party Rock Anthem and Sexy and I Know It.

New to me stuff:

He is the youngest son of Motown Record Company founder Berry Gordy, Jr.

He's dating former #1 tennis player Victoria Azarenka.

Yes, you're right, it was Ricky Martin last week and Redfoo the week before. New to me stuff as well.:D

Some great dancing last night. I loved Candace's first dress, so pretty.

I was surprised at who went home; clearly voting was not on who is the best (or worst) dancer; possibly more on the perspective that some of the dancers have a big advantage because of their experience outside of ballroom dancing.

At last, a guest judge who at least seems to be knowledgeable about dance and not trying to make a spectacle of himself.

Candace's first dress was pretty.

I liked Carrie Ann's also and Erin's green top and black skirt was nice but I thought she needed a wide belt for some interest.

The knotted/beaded? detail around the neckline of Sharna's gown was nice too.

I loved the flow of Meryl's ruffled skirt but the layers around the hips were too much for her frame. I would have started them lower down.

Wrong person went last night and then the saved star didn't dance well enough for me to justify them being there. I think the pro isn't pushing them-self as much either this season.

Amy was amazing on the running feet. Can't figure out why they didn't try them before. I would think that the bounce would have been great for jive and swing. Derek is still too protective to me. Second dance was cool, but could have been more.

My tv satellite signal went out last night right after the last dance and I had to read online who left.

Edited by KandCsailing

I hated Erin's outfit. I'm shocked that Charlie went home but then again...I still think he and Meryl have an unfair advantage. Fascinating that the two worst dancers were the first ones saved, although they're still good dancers.

It's getting interesting...

I hated Erin's outfit. I'm shocked that Charlie went home but then again...I still think he and Meryl have an unfair advantage. Fascinating that the two worst dancers were the first ones saved, although they're still good dancers.

It's getting interesting...

I agree--I wonder if it's just people saying, hey, those Olympians have too great an advantage. I'm pulling for Amy because I am blown away every week by what she can do, and her Olympic sport isn't dance-related.

Finally, Erin wore a cocktail dress and I thought it looked great. The green was a good color on her and the top was flattering (although she needed a better bra).

I didn't recognize Candace in her second dance. She really went out of her comfort zone on that one! But I think she should have gone home last week instead of Danica. And now she's stayed two weeks longer than she should have.

Meryl was perfect in both dances but it was Amy's second dance that made my jaw drop. It was just so different and it amazes me what she can do.

What was Carrie Ann doing to her hair?? :)

I got on Erin's twitter page today for a different reason and saw that she posts a photo and info about her DWTS outfits.

In reverse order...

The green and black cocktail outfit was Lanvin.

The black jumpsuit was Stella McCartney.

Strapless red was Lanvin.

The white dress with the black trim was David Koma London.

Blue gown was Vivian Westwood.

The funky lined black, white and coral dress was Josh Goot at Moda Operandi.

Another black/white David Koma London.

Black one sleeve gown was Michael Kors.

Red tank dress, didn't say.

Edited by KandCsailing

I got on Erin's twitter page today for a different reason and saw that she posts a photo and info about her DWTS outfits.

In reverse order...

The green and black cocktail outfit was Lanvin.

The black jumpsuit was Stella McCartney. $2425

Strapless red was Lanvin. $3875

The white dress with the black trim was David Koma London.

Blue gown was Vivian Westwood. $4575

The funky lined black, white and coral dress was Josh Goot at Moda Operandi. $1870

Another black/white David Koma London. $1480

Black one sleeve gown was Michael Kors. $3695

Red tank dress, didn't say. Antonio Berardi, $3745

Updated, I found the outfits also on theshoppingtrend . com with prices. :eek:

Holy....! People actually pay that? Or do the designers donate them to the show?

I agree--and most of them didn't even look that good on her (I think her body is hard to dress, at least in formal wear or cocktail dresses). They didn't look high end at all. Of course, we aren't close enough to see the quality.

I've seen Erin Andrews in person, dressed casually, and though very thin and tall, her body is proportionate. Would not mind at all having a figure like hers. I've liked many of her dresses and I think she looks great in them.

I wouldn't mind having her figure either; I bet she looks her best in casual wear and sports clothes.

My DIL is very tall and lanky, much like Erin, only, I think, thinner, especially in her arms and legs--5'11" and is happy if she can hit 115 lbs.

She looks her best in skinny jeans and cute tops but can wear almost anything--except anything full, frilly or ball gown-ish.

Yep, she's not that happy with her figure, especially her extremely thin legs and would like to gain weight. Not going to happen, and if she did I'm sure it would all be in her mid-section.

We all have our issues with our bodies, unfortunately.

I dont know about what Erin wears, but the ballroom designer for the show puts the gowns up for resale once the season is over... So yes, they donate them for the show, but own them. The problem is that not only do the dancers wear them for their number on the show but then when they travel to do the shows off season they also wear the gowns...

I remember looking at once gown in person that Cheryl wore and it was so beat up, snags, stones missing, ect that I would not even consider buying it, and I think it had a price tag of about 3K.

I just recently worked with a designer for a new competition gown for which I will pay 4K, built for my measurements... so why would I buy a beat up gown for this price just because Cheryl wore it... Honestly, I don't know how many of these gowns they re-sell. my guess is not many...

Yeah, just read about Mark getting injured practicing a lift with tiny little Candice. He's determined "the show must go on" but they're using a substitute pro in practices, just in case.

Just makes it more interesting.

I'm rooting for Amy now - such a great story there.

I was chatting with a neighbor outside that I hadn't seen all winter and had to miss the first dances. I'll catch up tonight on my PVR.

Of what I did see, I wasn't thrilled with Candice's gold dance.

Amy's upper body strength was amazing on the rope, but I want to see more bigger dancing from her. I'm sure she can do it if Derek would let her.

I missed James.

Meryl was lovely as usual. I'm not sure the dance was any better or bigger than a regular week since they are so good together.

Didn't see much of Erin's dress but liked the colour.

I liked the top of Erin's dress and the yellow color. Don't remember seeing the bottom part. I saw the first part of the show through Meryl and Maks' free style dance - wow.

I think I kinda want Maks to win this for a change. Derek seems to always win. But I do like the story of Amy.

Ok, I'm now rooting for Meryl and Maks, lol. Not that I vote or anything. I'll have to take a sneak peek tonight around 8 p.m. to see who won - can't stay up until 11 p.m. and can't sleep without knowing the results.

And that Candace is like a cat with 9 lives, isn't she. Can't believe she made it to the final 3.

I like Candace, and she has really improved, but her dancing just isn't on a par with the others--James should have been in the final three.

I'm torn about who to support. Meryl is an astounding dancer and it would be nice for Maks to win, but she does have so much more experience in a related field that it doesn't seem quite fair.

Amy is astounding in her own way. Her dancing is almost unbelievable, and great even if she had both legs. Candace is very good, but her dancing just doesn't compare to the other two.

I liked Erin's dress last night--good for her body type and personality. I kind of miss some of the over-the-top styles Brooke used to wear, even though a lot of them were more 'what was she thinking' than 'wow, beautiful'.

I like Candace, and she has really improved, but her dancing just isn't on a par with the others--James should have been in the final three.

I'm torn about who to support. Meryl is an astounding dancer and it would be nice for Maks to win, but she does have so much more experience in a related field that it doesn't seem quite fair.

Amy is astounding in her own way. Her dancing is almost unbelievable, and great even if she had both legs. Candace is very good, but her dancing just doesn't compare to the other two.

I liked Erin's dress last night--good for her body type and personality. I kind of miss some of the over-the-top styles Brooke used to wear, even though a lot of them were more 'what was she thinking' than 'wow, beautiful'.

Agree!

I have voted in seasons past but haven't this time. I have just enjoyed watching the dances. Candace's fan base support must be pretty strong. I think she looked as surprised (and almost embarrassed) as the rest of us.

Erin's dress looked great on her and her hair was so pretty.

That red outfit that Meryl wore her first dance really showed off her amazing arms. I never noticed her arms before. It must have been the cut and color of her outfit.

I didn't really like James's or Candace's free style dances - neither seemed to say anything about who they were as people. Especially Candace. I can't believe she knocked out Danica, Charlie and James. Something's just not right there. And the judges over-scored her the first dance, I thought. I guess she got extra points for improvement since her last quickstep.

Did you see Maks's face at the end of their freestyle? I'm kind of torn between Meryl and Amy too. They are both amazing in their own ways. I know Meryl has a big advantage but I also love the way she's brought out a whole new side of Maks. :)

Watching the beginning of last nights show now.

Carrie Ann's aqua floral halter looked very cool and cruise-y.

I'm really liking Peta's hair do. Looks like a french twist of balls.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

So happy with the win for Meryl and Maks. He is such a good dancer and has never won before so I am happy for him. :)

Me too.

I'm a bit worried that he isn't coming back next season and I like the new improved Maks. After the last dance Meryl was telling him in the hallway that she was happy to have done his last freestyle well for him.

Erin's green ballgown was quite nice. I like the way the different way the skirt was gathered. Wish the top hadn't been so plain.

I really liked Candice's red halter jumpsuit.

I know some people hate them, but I have always liked jumpsuits and rompers.

Didn't really like Carrie Ann's dress. The shoulder pieces were weird for me, but the dress fit her well.

I miss the show already.

Last nights show was a bit broken up for me. Don't know if it was the show or my pvr. Had the sound jump a couple times and it seemed like Amber started in the middle of her song.

I didn't notice any of first dancers kicked off dance except in the intro.

Wondering if the fall one will be an all stars season from what Candice said about coming back. I could see last season's winner Amber doing an all star.