Spring 2014 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns and more...

KandCsailing

Like a lot of us, I am getting a little tired of 'Dancing' but I'll still watch. Like usual, there are some people I've heard of, some I haven't. It does seem that the ice dancers have to have a big advantage at least in their strength, flexibility and musicality, which doesn't seem fair.

For a first night, the dancing was really great. It's obvious who should go home first, but I bet they won't.

Tonight had some really great dances too, but the scoring was not as great--i think maybe the judges were a little more realistic tonight.

I enjoyed Erin as a host--much more natural and funny than Brooke, and not nearly so much posing for the camera. Of course, she is very used to doing interviews.

I don't understand changing the band and singers unless they have really downsized to save money. Also did not like the 'surprise' tonight!

HI all!

SPOILER ALERT!

I really enjoyed last night's show except for who went home! That sports guy was starting to bloom but unfortunately his first impression must have turned people off. I'm liking the rivalries & having Max back too! Boy that guy (I never remember their names) with Peta sure is HOT!!

Looking forward to your thoughts & next week's show. BTW liked Erin's dress & Carrie Ann's but really loved Cheryl's last week.

~ Jo ~ :)

Boy that guy (I never remember their names) with Peta sure is HOT!!

James is indeed hot! I think their dance was my favourite last night and that spin Peta around move at the end was amazing.

I was really disappointed in the Rumba Mark and Candace put together and happy that Carrie Ann voice her opinion.

Sean was kinda cute when he rarely smiled and Billy needs to go home. Are they going to give him extra props and dancers every week?

Ok, since the word is out, it was a completely ridiculous that Billy Dee, possibly the worst dancer on the show ever, did not go home. I know he's older, has heath problems and I guess has fan sympathy, but really, it was absurd.

I kind of liked the hockey player the first night and his dry sense of humor, but obviously not everyone 'got' that. He did look better when he smiled, though. He was not the second worst dancer--I wanted to see him, and a few of the other non-dancers, develop.

I do not like it when they have a double elimination!

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

I agree with all of you. I didn't like the double elimination because I didn't have time to get to know everyone yet. The hockey player would have been interesting to watch a little longer. And I wish people would stop giving the sympathy vote to dancers like Billy Dee Williams. It's painful to watch.

I don't know anything about dancing but when I saw Candice's dance, I thought, "That's not a rumba." If I can see it... I think Candice is good though so I blame that on Mark.

Actually, I wish they wouldn't do contemporary on the first week. It works better after the pros and stars have developed more of a relationship and chemistry. They should start everyone with a cha cha. :)

I'm not a fan of Erin at all. True, she doesn't pose as much as Brooke but her voice is annoying and her interview questions are very shallow. I noticed she made another snide comment about Maks. Must have been a bad breakup. :)

So interesting about Erin... either you love her or not.

I like her interview skills but I miss in both Brooke and Samantha what they wore.... Was part of the enjoyment of the show and I really enjoyed our conversations on the gowns. With Erin there is nothing to talk about. I would pick a not so good interviewer over the awesome gowns we have seen!!

So for Billy, it does not bother me that he has dancer props to help him through his routines... I mean he is 70 something and I can tell you all from my personal experience that ballroom dancing beats up your body pretty bad... It looks a lot easier than it actually is. I am 20 years younger than Billy and I admire him for giving this a go....While you would not think so but after a minute or so of dancing all out your body hurts!! So if they need to add dancers to increase our viewing enjoyment then that is OK by me. Meh... he will be gone soon anyway so I say give him a few minutes to shine.

Hi girls:)....No, I have not been watching but wanted to post on here

anyway;)......Erin is a lightening rod.....long before she danced...when

she was originally on ESPN as a sideline reporter...then she went to

FOX and was "studio host"...that didn't work......she stayed with Fox

and is back to the sidelines.......

I have read quite a few articles and personally, I LOVE sports and

follow the reporters as much as the teams.......anyway, seems no

matter where she goes....chatter follows her....I have heard some

like her as Tom's co-host while others? Not so much:eek:....sounds like this

thread is the same as the rest of the world:)

No comments???

My 2 cents...

As a dancer myself I just could not grasp how a double amputee could dance... We use our feet so much in dance. It is not the feet themselves but it is the ankle pressure and inside of the foot that travels all the way up to our spine to create balance. I think that while I am in good shape with no physical limitations and many many years of dance instruction behind me I still struggle with this balance..... How can this be??? In her new feet I was able to see how she used her whole upper body to control her balance and I shed a few tears over her accomplishments and admire her a great deal...

While I enjoyed all the dances this evening, I found her amazing...

The ice dancer to me is like ice... She lacks total emotion, which in the end dance should be all about.... LOL dont like her regardless of the skill she brings to the floor.

Overall however was a great show.

Hi all!

Enjoyed the show last night & shed a couple of tears. I only wish that Billy left last week so the hockey player would still be there.;)

I'm liking Erin better each week but her clothes aren't really that great IMO.

See you next week!

The level of dance skill this year seems really high. I agree that Billy should have gone home, since his dancing was so atrocious; I'd have like to see more of the hockey player and it doesn't seem fair that he took a place someone else could have had.

The girl who is a double amputee is really amazing; I can't even imagine how she does this. I had an uncle who lost one leg, and I know how difficult it was for him to even get around, let alone dance. As usual, this night, with the memorable years, was one of the most emotional.

I don't watch enough sports to be familiar with Erin as a reporter, but I think she's funny and a nice change from Brooke. However, so far her dresses are not very memorable. Brooke had some spectacular gowns; sometimes they were spectacularly horrible, but at least you noticed them. I can't even really remember anything Erin has worn.

I still think the ice dancers have a huge advantage!

I enjoyed everyones dances this weeks except Nene.

I really love Tony...but I don't like Nene. I'm interested in seeing who he dances with next week.

Those hair braid headbands on her and Emma were really ugly.

Amy is indeed amazing. Her swim feet reminded me of toe shoes, except that she can never go flat footed. That made her a bit unsteady as a solo dancer but I guess they will not use these feet for every dance. Lucky that she was a risk taker to start with as a snowboarder and seems very willing to try new moves.

The female ice dancer never did anything for me on the ice either. I find her cold. Of course I'm a little biased because they beat our Canadian ice dance team. ;)

I really liked Maks' dance, but then again he is also with an athlete and another risk taker who is used to practicing lifts and falling. I thought they had good chemistry during the dance.

Whenever I see Charlie I want him to cut his hair. Maybe for one dance they could gel it down like Maks to have a new look.

I hope Erin doesn't wear black again next week. It just looks flat on my tv. Her short dress was an interesting design but it was cut off most of her tv time when she is interviewing.

Edited by KandCsailing

The Most Memorable Year episode is always my favorite. The dancing is so heartfelt. Usually the younger dancers have a disadvantage because they haven't had as many life experiences. But even Cody had a nice story, I thought.

Amy is simply amazing. And I loved Danica's dance - it was almost like ballet.

Maks is so much happier this season. I think he really enjoys dancing with Meryl. He seemed like such a bully in previous seasons, especially with Hope Solo.

And back to fashion - Erin's dress was way too casual. It looked out of place with all the other gowns and costumes. And what was up with that weird way she was standing??

HI all!

I really enjoyed last night's show. It was amazing how well the dancers did with new partners. I didn't even recognize Julianne Hough & didn't really like seeing more of her than usual if you catch my drift.;) I'm liking Erin better each week, what do you all think of her?

I like Erin, but she has a very strong personality. It's almost like she overshadows Tom.

Do you think that was a wig Julianne was wearing? It sure looked like it. Didn't like it at all

Edited by mafig

I like Erin; she interviews more and prens less for the camera. Who knows, maybe they'll have someone else next season. I've read stuff online about her being difficult and no one liking her, but it could be buddies of Brooke just stiring the pot.

I think that was Julianne's hair, but it made me double take because it looked really stiff and dry. I assume that is why she cut it so short. It was most likely breaking off. Could have bought a nicer wig. I didn't mind her dress, but I thought it was a bit old for her.

Didn't like Charlie's rumba, not enough basic rumba moves, but man can he spin.

My least favourite dances were Mark/Amy and Maks/Danica.

I don't care for NeNe but I thought she did a good job with what Derek gave her.

Edited by KandCsailing

I really liked this week's show. It must have been brutal for the dancers but it was really interesting seeing how they adjusted. I think they all did pretty well, considering. I agree with Julianne that Maks was just getting through till he could go back to Meryl, which was kind of unfair to Danica. I'm sure both Maks and Danica will be happier next week. :)

I finally figured out who James reminds me of - Ralph Fiennes.

Erin's dress looked just like her dress last week. It just seemed to casual to me.

I also liked this weeks show a lot. I thought Meryls tango was awesome. And from me, who is not a fan of her personality.

I wonder if it is on purpose that the show has downplayed Erin's dress, hair style, ect to get more focus on the dancers... Or just a change from past co hosts... Either way I don't really have an opinion one way or another about her either good or bad.

I also liked that Derek was really pulling for Amy and was happy with her success... That was nice to see.

Thanks for sharing that article, Kerri. Very shocking. I think Samantha was the 2nd co-host but that doesn't matter, who really remembers the first season anyway. I hope she's ok!

I did enjoy this week's show - I think Derek may have learned something about letting Amy do more moves by herself instead of always carrying her and holding on tightly to her.

I still think the ice dancers have a huge advantage and one of them will probably win. Not sure how I feel about that. But I'm enjoying this season, unexpectedly.

Julianne's hair kinda looked like a wig but I know that she did cut her hair really short - the new style for women right now. She probably just used too much product on it, lol.

I liked Erin's dress - I guess she's going for the more casual look this year and doesn't feel the need to glam it up. We better get used to that.

Sandy, I think you are right about there being another host first. I thought of it after, but was too lazy to look it up.

I didn't mind the season that Drew Lacey (sp?) covered for Sam when she had a baby.

I'm on trend for once with my hair. I wacked it off really short just before all the celebs started chopping theirs.

I wonder if the dresses are more Erin's taste in clothing and not just something chosen for her.

There's a strange wrinkle under her bust that is not going away.

I love colour though.

Not fond of Carrie Ann's dress either. The cut and fabric make me think bathing suit.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

As a lover of all things Disney, I think the show suffered a bit from all the Disney additions.

Started off when the animated Genie distracted me from watching Drew and Cheryl.

I should watch Peta and James again, didn't seem like a perfect dance to me. Sweet story about his fan. She looks great in her gown. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20806932,00.html

Same with Danica's Beauty and the Beast dance getting a 39. I didn't think she did a great job.

My favourite dances were Charlie's Jazz (too bad about dropping the cane) and Meryl's Samba. I didn't think Meryl's dress said Jungle Book but loved Sharna's Mary Poppins.