Voyager struck a hot Adelaide today

Pushka

Although given Adelaides horrid summer this year that's not exactly unique.

42 here today and hot across the state. Barossa will be scorching, as will Cleland. Actually that may well be closed as the Adelaide Hills have been given a Catastrophic Fire day.

This has been our worst ever summer I can remember. How we've escaped a Bush fire has been sheer luck. I just hope it stays that way.

The weather in some states has been more extreme this year. I think Victoria has also had a very hot summer.

Sydney has been cooler than usual, some periods of gorgeous weather, interspersed with a few days of much cooler weather including cold nights. I'll try to send some of those down your way ;)

The weather in some states has been more extreme this year. I think Victoria has also had a very hot summer.

Sydney has been cooler than usual, some periods of gorgeous weather, interspersed with a few days of much cooler weather including cold nights. I'll try to send some of those down your way ;)

Please do so. My husband got home from Sydney yesterday and said it had been beautiful. I was not amused.

Not looking good at all.

Stay safe and cool, Pushka.

Next time your husband comes up to Sydney come with him :D We could meet for coffee.

Actually, the weather in Sydney is really odd this year. Nowhere near as humid as usual and we haven't had the late afternoon thunderstorms that we usually get in January and February. Also first thing yesterday morning it was only 13C at our place, a very low overnight temperature for this time of year.

Not that I'm complaining, this is my ideal summer weather. :D

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Will you be in Sydney on 14th March? I'll be cruisin by on the QM2 for the day.:D Climbing the Bridge at 11.30 and free after that.

Unfortunately not, I'll be somewhere in India - Mumbai I think.

Pity, I'd love to get together and hear all about your cruising adventures. It must be amazing on the QM2. It's always been one of my dreams to sail on one of the Cunard ships. I'll manage it one day, I'm sure. ;)

How we've escaped a Bush fire has been sheer luck. I just hope it stays that way.

Looks like the luck has left as well. Those 2 big ones are causing a lot of concern. If I was on VOS I think I would be sticking close to town.

Hope it all settles down soon.

Unfortunately not, I'll be somewhere in India - Mumbai I think.

Pity, I'd love to get together and hear all about your cruising adventures. It must be amazing on the QM2. It's always been one of my dreams to sail on one of the Cunard ships. I'll manage it one day, I'm sure. ;)

That's a quick trip tripleJ. Remember your visas for India. Esp the weird size passport photo.

Looks like the luck has left as well. Those 2 big ones are causing a lot of concern. If I was on VOS I think I would be sticking close to town.

Hope it all settles down soon.

The weather at the moment is reminiscent of Black Wednesday. Oven hot. Windy. And everything so dry. And dry lightening storm tonight.

I think Adelaide is taking the brunt of climate change for Australia. Even Perth has been cooler.

That's a quick trip tripleJ. Remember your visas for India. Esp the weird size passport photo.

Yes, my husband is going there on business so it's a good opportunity for me to tag along, then we're having a week's holiday on the Royal Rajasthan on Wheels train. We try to take advantage of tacking a holiday onto some of his business trips when we can. Much cheaper when one airfare is paid for by someone else ;)

I've filled in the visa application form and will take it in one day during the week. Yes, I know about the odd-sized photos, thanks. Hubby has been to India several times so he knows all those things but it still doesn't stop him muttering and cursing each time he has to set up a trip. It's far more complicated than most other countries :rolleyes:

The weather at the moment is reminiscent of Black Wednesday. Oven hot. Windy. And everything so dry. And dry lightening storm tonight.

I think Adelaide is taking the brunt of climate change for Australia. Even Perth has been cooler.

Yes, you folks have had it really bad this year. I guess it all has to do with the way the weather moves across Australia. Sydney seems to be getting the cooler airflows for some odd reason.

Sorry to be pedantic :rolleyes: but Perth has actually been hotter than Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney.

Combined December & January average maximums (from Bureau of Meteorology):

PERTH 31.4

ADELAIDE 30.5

BRISBANE 30.2

MELBOURNE & SYDNEY both 26.7

Sorry to be pedantic :rolleyes: but Perth has actually been hotter than Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney.

PERTH 31.4

ADELAIDE 30.5

BRISBANE 30.2

...but you have the world famous "Doctor" to look after you?

...but you have the world famous "Doctor" to look after you?

Haven't seen him much this year. The easterlies (the hot winds) have just been dying out in the late arvo and then they (the easterlies) come roaring back in the morning.

PERTH 31.4

ADELAIDE 30.5

BRISBANE 30.2

Ok I can be pedantic too.

Why did you combine December and January?

Adelaide's average January temp this year was 32.4

Perth's was 32.3

And our hottest month is traditionally February. ;)

Edited by Pushka

PERTH 31.4

ADELAIDE 30.5

BRISBANE 30.2

But if you just look at January Adelaide is hotter by a smidge:

Adelaide 32.5

Perth 32.2

Brisbane 30.7

Melbourne 28.6

Sydney 26.9

And so far for February Perth drops to third place:

Adelaide 35.6

Melbourne 33.2

Perth 32.4

Brisbane 29.0

Sydney 25.9

;)

But if you just look at January Adelaide is hotter by a smidge:

Adelaide 32.5

Perth 32.2

Brisbane 30.7

Melbourne 28.6

Sydney 26.9

And so far for February Perth drops to third place:

Adelaide 35.6

Melbourne 33.2

Perth 32.4

Brisbane 29.0

Sydney 25.9

;)

Nice work. ;)

Interesting, Pushka, I got slightly different figures to you :D

I noticed. Those decimals will get you every time. :p

I think the point is well made though. I guess if you're going to be pedantic it's going to bite yer back sometimes.

Sydney looks wonderful.

Edited by Pushka