Attention to Detail Cards

Happy Cruiser 6143

Just off the Reflection. When I went to Guest Relations to get my usual supply of Attention to Detail cards, they told me they no longer use them. You have to recognize staff on the final questionnaire.

Has anyone else had this experience recently? Wonder if it was particular to the Reflection or if this is fleet wide. I always thought those were an excellent way to recognize staff and there were a lot of them on this cruise which deserved recognition.

Perhaps they could start a program and call the cards Staff Recognition Cards or Kudos or something similar. Seems to me it would be easier to deal with individual cards on individual staff members than to try to sort through all the debarcation questionnaires.

Just off the Reflection. When I went to Guest Relations to get my usual supply of Attention to Detail cards, they told me they no longer use them. You have to recognize staff on the final questionnaire.

Has anyone else had this experience recently? Wonder if it was particular to the Reflection or if this is fleet wide. I always thought those were an excellent way to recognize staff and there were a lot of them on this cruise which deserved recognition.

Perhaps they could start a program and call the cards Staff Recognition Cards or Kudos or something similar. Seems to me it would be easier to deal with individual cards on individual staff members than to try to sort through all the debarcation questionnaires.

On the Summit on Jan 25 they still had the attention to detail cards!! They gave us one in our room and we got more from front desk. I hope they kept them, I agree it is a great way to recognize people. I mentioned the 2 standouts on my survey as well as doing a card for them.

I agree! I did not like having a limited space on the final questionnaire to mention all the great service. Instead of saying XYZ was so great, I like to say WHY and be specific. There is not enough room on the final questionnaire :(

Do you have a piece of paper that you can add to the final questionnaire?

We had them on our recent Equinox cruise, got 1 in the stateroom and the desk had a supply.

I've never been on Reflection but from some of the posts about the way things are done, I often wonder if it is really owned by Celebrity. :confused:

Mary Lou

On Summit in October they didn't want to give them to me.....I had to practically beg.They told me on per stateroom......but I snagged some more.

Hi Linda,

Sorry to hear of your experience. Based on the previous comments, I'm pleased to see this wasnt the case on other X ships. I certainly hope this is not a change in Celebrity policy, as I always enjoy offering praise where it's deserved, and passing along comments, when things aren't up to par. On many occasions, when things were less than perfect, I've witnessed changes made, which made the cruise a better experience. Shouldn't Celebrity want to hear the guest comments ? Why wait until the Cruise is over, and you leave the ship unhappy.

It will be interesting to see if the comment cards are available on Century this week, and I'm sure we will both be checking it out. Looking forward to seeing you onboard !

I didn't even know there were such cards. I've always put names on the ship questionaire. I also mention them on the E-mail questionaire which comes a few days after the cruise. I just filled mine out on Tues. on my computer.

On our recent (1/5-1/12) Silhouette Cruise, we( 3 adjacent cabins) never received questionaires. That was a first !! When I asked about it at Guest Relations, they said they might have some available on the morning of disembarkation.

Do you have a piece of paper that you can add to the final questionnaire?
Certainly, just borrow a stapler at the front desk to attach it.

There should be stationery and envelopes inside the blue binder in your cabin, and you can always ask for more if you need them.

Interesting responses. It's possible I got an employee who didn't know what she was talking about. Will be interested to see what the situation is on the Century next week.

Linda: Could we ask you to post what you find about the "Attention to Detail" cards? I am really curious. Thanks in advance, and enjoy the Century.

Linda: Could we ask you to post what you find about the "Attention to Detail" cards? I am really curious. Thanks in advance, and enjoy the Century.

Im also onboard Century this week. Im sure either Linda or myself will look into this. It's already on my to-do list :)

Im also onboard Century this week. Im sure either Linda or myself will look into this. It's already on my to-do list :)

Host Andy: Thanks in advance. I really am curious if this is a new change or the response of an ill informed employee. I use those cards almost every cruise, generally to thank someone who went out of their way to ensure that our cruise was a great vacation.

Since the ATD cards are for use on the ship you can simply write a note and give it to the crew member's supervisor. This might even be more helpful than the card. You can also and a note to Celebrity at contactmichael@celebrity.com. I did this following my last cruise detailing the outstanding efforts of a staff member who was serving in a temporary position. A few days later I received a call from the Post Cruise Department requesting more information. I was told that since very few passengers actually take time to write, the comments of those who do are considered quite seriously. I was told that my comments could help the staff member to advance. Please take time to let Celebrity know about their best employees.

Perhaps the cards are not being used as Celebrity intended. I thought that they were to point out a problem that needed addressing during the cruise. Perhaps praising deserving employees isn't their purpose?

Perhaps the cards are not being used as Celebrity intended. I thought that they were to point out a problem that needed addressing during the cruise. Perhaps praising deserving employees isn't their purpose?

Not an "either-or" type of thing. They can be used to praise as well as complain. The cards stay on the ship and provide a basis for promotion and extra monetary rewards. You might have notice some crew wearing a large Celebrity Pin. This indicates that they have been mentioned by many guests in a positive way and have been recognized for their work. They also have received a cash reward as part of the recognition. The Guest Questionnaires are forwarded to the Miami office for evaluation. The positive ATD cards are usually read at staff meetings and posted on the employee bulletin board. They serve to demonstrate to all what excellent service is. Personally, an ATD that focuses on a complaint does little to resolve the problem unless many have complained. I've found it much more effective to discuss any problems with the staff involved and move up the chain of command if necessary. In all my cruises I've never needed to go beyond a first level supervisor. If one simply looks for the negative they will surely find it.

The cards have been used to praise good employees for years. I know of people who have been promoted because of them. I was having breakfast in Blu when the F&B Manager came up to congratulate the waiters I had mentioned on cards. So they have been very effective over the years and I hope that Celebrity has not discontinued them.

That's what I noticed when I got a card on the Eclipse in December. I didn't really like the fact that the card seemed, as you said, more to report a problem, then to report a positive. I also got that impression when I handed the card in as the Guest Services person seemed shocked it was a positive comment. I wish Celebrity had something similar to the WOW cards on Royal Caribbean.