Where in the world is Super Mario??

I can tell you where he was last week and for 3 weeks before that! He has been in his deck 11 "office" on the Independence. This is where I had the change to meet and visit with him most days on my just completed cruise.

If you have not met this fine genteleman you have no idea what you are missing.

Meeting Mario was one of the highlights of our entire cruise.

Mario has been on over 700 RCCL cruises and was just the nicest guy you could hope to meet. He spent as much time as my son wanted to spend talking about his on board experiences and sharing at sea stories. Anything you could ever want to know about RCCL or cruising this guy knows!

Both my family and my best friends family had so much fun visiting him daily

Always a smile and a wave from Mario!

when I grow up I want to be just like Mario!

Thanks for the great times Mario!

Bill. And Paul (chairman of the board)!

We've met him too but on Liberty (he seemed to prefer the DL)...he was the most interesting guy and we enjoyed his stories... Look for a picture of him and the crew in the Royal Promenade near the LA's office..... Great good will ambassador for RCI :)

""ho is this Mario guy??? ""

An old guy who spends a good part of his life cruising. For some reason every month or so people feel the need to bring him up here and talk about how special he is.

Edited by bouhunter

Mario is a super nice gentleman that Bouhunter would never get the chance to meet as he seems to be too caught up in himself to have time for others.

Mario has chosen to live his life on RCCL ships and has done so for the last 14 years moving from ship to ship every few weeks or months.

He has sailed on all of their ships and can tell you a lot about any of them.

We really appreciated him for his willingness to spend time talking to our teenage children about his travels and for the way he treats all of the on board staff Just a really nice man that I am sure most would enjoy meeting and visiting with!

• 2 weeks later...
I had the pleasure of meeting Super Mario on the Independence February 9th, he talked about sailing on the Allure next.

Didn't get to meet him, but did see him on this same cruise, the Feb 9th - 15th Independence 6 night Western.

Dan.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Dan-P

• 2 years later...
Mario is a super nice gentleman that Bouhunter would never get the chance to meet as he seems to be too caught up in himself to have time for others.

Mario has chosen to live his life on RCCL ships and has done so for the last 14 years moving from ship to ship every few weeks or months.

He has sailed on all of their ships and can tell you a lot about any of them.

We really appreciated him for his willingness to spend time talking to our teenage children about his travels and for the way he treats all of the on board staff Just a really nice man that I am sure most would enjoy meeting and visiting with!

If you google him you'll find several articles. He's lived on RCI ships 50 weeks per year for the past 20 years. He works as a financial analyst and often has an office onboard, usually around the pool deck. Cruising costs him $65,000 a year, which is pretty much all inclusive. He keeps a land home in Miami.

I thought one interesting fact is he gets the same discount all other Pinnacles get, 50% off the second fare. He has a VERY happy TA in Cincinnati who books everything. Super Mario is a very nice guy, say hello if you get the chance.

I have cruised with Super Mario on several occasions in the past, and he is a wonderful person to get to know.

My last cruise with him was on the Allure of the Seas, last September, for the Presidents cruise. We talked about the number of points he has (many) and if all goes well, he plans on being on the Freedom of the Seas next September for the 2nd annual Presidents cruise, at which time he will reach 7,000 cruise points. Yep, Pinnacle times 10! Pretty impressive, but he does it one cruise at a time.:)

I think that the couple with the next highest number of points is around 3,300 points, and that is impressive.

Super Mario is loved by both crew and fellow passengers. If you get a chance to cruise with him, introduce yourself, and you will find out just how friendly he is, as well as his wealth of knowledge of Royal Caribbean.

Rick

I think that the couple with the next highest number of points is around 3,300 points, and that is impressive.

It was a bit odd that out only 3 Pinnacles on the whole ship (Navigator, short cruise) a single lady was awarded the highest point total at 2540 points.:eek:

Yeah, Mario may have the fame, but there's some other folks out there with a lot of points.

• 5 months later...

Our Daughter and son-in-law talked to him on Enchantment on Memorial Day weekend. He told them he would be on Enchantment until he goes to Barcelona to do the Symphony TA which I believe is the end of October next year. I knew he stays on ships for a while but didn't think he did for that long but that's what he told them. He was on Enchantment when we sailed on it in August last year. Apparently it is one of his favorites and since it is in Miami 2 days a week he can go to his condo and take care of things as he needs.