FOS Grand Cayman tendering question

.....so I tried the search function here on Cruise Critic and it doesn't seem to be working, so I apologize if this has already been asked and answered.

I'm trying to plan a shore excursion in Grand Cayman, not through the cruise line. I'm trying to get an idea of when "rush hour" is off the FOS when it is tendering in Grand Cayman. I'd like to know in reality when I could expect to get to shore without any priorty tendering as my shore excursion will not be through the cruise line.

Time in port is scheduled to be 8x4.

We took a tender between 8:00-8:30. When we arrived by elevator to the debarkation deck, there was already a long line, and they made us take the elevator up a floor and then walk down the stairs. That said, the line moved pretty quickly and I would say we were on the tender in under 10 minutes.

On the Cruise Compass, they said that rush hour was around 9:30.

Just an FYI, even if you are the first one to board the tender please allow time for the boat to fill with other passengers then take the ride in to the pier wait to get off, walk to the meeting area to get your private excursion. Could take upto 30 min. Remember a lot of people want to get to the island for various reasons..................kinda like a mad dash.

Good luck

My advice go early

Sea Ya

Get down about 45 minutes before your ship "anchors" they will let your ride the first tender into the port with the crew that will be setting up the tables, tent, etc.

ANd they do not wait to fill up the tender

Edited by TEXASMUNK