FOS-last minute switch to Balcony at reduced price?

kevers35

My GF and I set sail in 1 week on the FOS. We're booked in an ocean view cabin, but with the cruise only a week away we're wondering about our chances of being able to change to a balcony at a reduced price. I'm seeing both classes of balconies still available for our cruise leaving on 2/16, but for more money than either of us wants to pay.

What are our chances of the price going down between now and next Sunday, or should I call RC now and see what they can do, or even take a chance and wait until we get to the dock to try and upgrade? We're willing to pay more to upgrade to a balcony just not what they're currently asking for on the website.

Thanks for any advice!

If you do so in advance it will be difference in price. If among first at port may be able to buy reduced upgrade after checking in. Ask when you check in and they will explain where the desk is at the port where they can process such a request. It may work or may not depending on what cabins they sell this week and what free upgrades they give away to Diamond plus and pinnacle folks.

I don't know about the chances, but I can say that when we sailed on Freedom of the Seas two years ago, they had a very last minute CHEAP balcony guarantee available for less than we paid for our Promenade cabin. I called up our travel agent and got the free upgrade to the balcony guarantee and ended up with a really nice balcony cabin (D2).

I think the odds of that happening are pretty slim, but it can happen. You just need to be vigilant about checking the prices on the web site to see if anything should pop up.

My GF and I set sail in 1 week on the FOS. We're booked in an ocean view cabin, but with the cruise only a week away we're wondering about our chances of being able to change to a balcony at a reduced price. I'm seeing both classes of balconies still available for our cruise leaving on 2/16, but for more money than either of us wants to pay.

What are our chances of the price going down between now and next Sunday, or should I call RC now and see what they can do, or even take a chance and wait until we get to the dock to try and upgrade? We're willing to pay more to upgrade to a balcony just not what they're currently asking for on the website.

Thanks for any advice!

How much more are you willing to pay and what did you pay so far?

We're willing to pay about $200, and perhaps a bit more, on top of what we paid already to move to a balcony.

I also wonder if I call RC should I use the general reservation number or have better luck with the C & A number since I am a member, albeit only gold though.

We're willing to pay about $200, and perhaps a bit more, on top of what we paid already to move to a balcony.

I also wonder if I call RC should I use the general reservation number or have better luck with the C & A number since I am a member, albeit only gold though.

If you want an upgrade you will not get a deal by calling and asking. You'll pay what the cabin costs as you see online.

There are very few balcony cabins available on that sailing, less than 10, so if you want one, book the $949 balcony guarantee that they are showing. It is very unlikely that they will let you buy it for anything less than that.

Edited by reallyitsmema

Is that 200 total or per person and how far off is it now? I would just sit back and monitor the price and cross your fingers. The price $1481.00 now.

There are very few balcony cabins available on that sailing, less than 10, so if you want one, book the $949 balcony guarantee that they are showing. It is very unlikely that they will let you buy it for anything less than that.

Are you sure about that price? I think its 1481 .

I tried to upgrade on my last cruise on enchantment willing to pay the difference in price. Even watched the prices before leaving and I knew the ship was not sold out. During check in, I asked to upgrade and the attendant said the ship was sold out. When her coworkers away she whispered to me go to customer service after the ship has sailed away and ask to upgrade.

Went to customer service several times and was told to come back later and was giving excuse after excuse. Finally a rep said we can't upgrade you because someone may get on the ship at a different port which I found to be far fetched. So it's a slim chance. Upgrade in advance don't wait to get to the port.