Question about using Princess transfers

Melcoug

we have opted to stay at the Marriott hotel that is literally IN the airport ....We can walk to the hotel after collecting our bags. In the morning, all we need to do is walk back to baggage claim.

No need for all that walking. There is an underground shuttle train bteween all the terminals that also stops at the Marriott.

No need for all that walking. There is an underground shuttle train bteween all the terminals that also stops at the Marriott.

Thank you for letting me know! I've only ever connected in Houston. The rest of the airport is a mystery to me!

Melcoug let me know if you figure out the wine thing! Lol. I wanted to get two bottles of champagne to take on board. One for each of us! Taking the transfers means we won't be able to stop! : (

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Probably because your flight is scheduled to arrive at terminal C or E. Luiggage for both are picked up at C.

They will have reps at every terminal where flights with Princess passengers are scheduled to arrive.

All people that come in prior to the day of the cruise get the notice to meet at C terminal (such as the OP in this case). It is the main point (Houston is a major United hub and C is United's baggage claim. As you indicated they also have people in the other baggage claim locations to meet those flying in that day.

The first bus started at C and left when it was about half full. It then went by B and picked up people there before heading out to the cruise terminal.

We are arriving a day early for our Feb. 15th cruise. We are staying at the Marriott at IAH. We did not book our hotel through Princess so we need to return to IAH to get on the bus. To get on the very first bus to the port does anyone have an idea how early I would have to be in the baggage claim area? Thanks for any help.

My husband is military, so I managed to get us a good military rate which helps make it much more economical for the 4 of us.

If you haven't already, make sure your DH gets his military OBC from Princess. One call to Princess and they'll let you know what they need for paperwork. Once he's in the system you won't have to do that for future cruises.

If you haven't already, make sure your DH gets his military OBC from Princess. One call to Princess and they'll let you know what they need for paperwork. Once he's in the system you won't have to do that for future cruises.

Easy as pie... Go to the Princess main page and on the bottom left you will see Military Benefit Program. When you click on it you can prefill the necessary form and email to Princess. I was able to scan the DD 214 (SSN blacked out) and attach it to the same email. Within 2 weeks the $100 was showing on the credit page.

Melcoug let me know if you figure out the wine thing! Lol. I wanted to get two bottles of champagne to take on board. One for each of us! Taking the transfers means we won't be able to stop! : (

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This would be a good business opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual! The best option I can come up with is buying a couple travel wine bags from Amazon and bringing my own bottles from home. I have a Wine Skin, but I think I'd like one of the ones with some absorbency to it (Wine Diaper or Jet Bag). Even then, I think I'd pack in a bag with all of our snorkel gear.

Edited by Melcoug

Yes, thank you, we've already taken care of this. Such a nice perk with Princess. I always appreciate companies who recognize military. It really does mean a lot. My hubby just got back home today after a month at sea and will be deploying later this year. Our upcoming cruise will be precious time to spend together!

We are arriving a day early for our Feb. 15th cruise. We are staying at the Marriott at IAH. We did not book our hotel through Princess so we need to return to IAH to get on the bus. To get on the very first bus to the port does anyone have an idea how early I would have to be in the baggage claim area? Thanks for any help.

On the 1/11 departure the first bus left around 10am. We got to the baggage claim area in concourse c around 9:15. There were about 10-15 people already waiting when we got there.

We will need in November a Transfer from fort lauderdale cruise port to miami int. Airport, After the cruise. Does anyone know if princess provides a transfer from Ship to miami Airport. Tranks.

Yes, they do.

And if you have a flight in the late afternoon, they also offer tours that end up at MIA.

On the 1/11 departure the first bus left around 10am. We got to the baggage claim area in concourse c around 9:15. There were about 10-15 people already waiting when we got there.

Thanks so much. We will get there around 9:15 also.

Yes, thank you, we've already taken care of this. Such a nice perk with Princess. I always appreciate companies who recognize military. It really does mean a lot. My hubby just got back home today after a month at sea and will be deploying later this year. Our upcoming cruise will be precious time to spend together!

Tell him thank you from us.

Edited by UPGrandma

Thank you caribill.

Do you know, if it is possible to book the transfer to mia airport during our cruise on the ship?

Hi Maedy ,

We have done the same transfer as yours for March . Princess informed me 2 weeks notice required . Price is $24 per person .

Hope this helps .

All the Princess cruises I have been on it has been possible. Just go to the shore excursion desk.

caribill ..... it may be the case . In 2012 we booked the same transfer early but some people were disappointed because the demand was high when attempting to book onboard . When I spoke to Princess and booked the transfer in Jan for our March cruise they informed me that if cruise traffic is high it is difficult to satisfy at short notice . It was'nt a marketing ploy because I was already booked in .

If when the time is closer and you have made your mind up before sailing it is best to secure your booking and enjoy your cruise .

Never heard of a military rate through Princess. :confused:

There is the military credit.

Princess has the military credit, Marriott has the military rate. I booked hotel separately. For many of their hotels, Marriott allows military to book these special rates even for leisure travel.

Re Princess transfers, I just rang Princess Australia and booked our transfers from the pier @ San Pedro to LAX on 1 April, following Golden Princess cruise.

For anybody interested, the price was AU$29 per pax. That is about US$26. I paid by credit card, not able to put it on the onboard account prior to sailing.