Dates for cabin name changes

silvercruiser

The change in letters used for cabin designations, such as J becoming an I are being initiated when a new cruise is starting, so is different on each ship. Here are the dates the new letters will take effect.

AMSTERDAM..............MAY 20

NIEUW AMSTERDAM....APRIL 6

PRINSENDAM..............MAY 10

STATENDAM...............MAY 18

WESTERDAM...............MAY 3

EURODAM...................MARCH 30

NOORDAM...................MARCH 21

ROTTERDAM................MAY 10

VEENDAM...................APRIL 29

ZAANDAM...................MAY 2

MAASDAM...................MAY 2

OOSTERDAM...............MAY 11

RYNDAM.....................APRIL 6

VOLENDAM.................APRIL 30

ZUIDERDAM................MAY 10

The change in letters used for cabin designations, such as J becoming an I are being initiated when a new cruise is starting, so is different on each ship. Here are the dates the new letters will take effect.

AMSTERDAM..............MAY 20

NIEUW AMSTERDAM....APRIL 6

PRINSENDAM..............MAY 10

STATENDAM...............MAY 18

WESTERDAM...............MAY 3

EURODAM...................MARCH 30

NOORDAM...................MARCH 21

ROTTERDAM................MAY 10

VEENDAM...................APRIL 29

ZAANDAM...................MAY 2

MAASDAM...................MAY 2

OOSTERDAM...............MAY 11

RYNDAM.....................APRIL 6

VOLENDAM.................APRIL 30

ZUIDERDAM................MAY 10

Hi,do you know the reson behind all this:confused: makes no sense to me.

Hi,do you know the reson behind all this:confused: makes no sense to me.

It is making "money" sense to HAL.

For years the aft corner suites were listed as SC. More and more people raved about them and they became very popular. Now they will soon be SB cabins -- higher price for them -- more money for HAL.

That is just one example.

$$$$$

The more popular cabins are reclassified higher, while the less popular cabins are going down.

Anybody have any idea which ones will go up, and which ones will go down in price? We would like to book a cruise on the Veendam and aren't sure what to book, and when.

Thanks.

Anybody have any idea which ones will go up, and which ones will go down in price? We would like to book a cruise on the Veendam and aren't sure what to book, and when.

I know that all (my favorite) J-cabins on Lower Promenade are being upgraded to I-cabins. Yet all the K-cabins on the same deck are downgraded to L-category.

Thanks.

If you look at the deck plans on HAL's site, you can select for after the change and see what the new classifications are.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are on B2B Coastal and Alaska in May on Zuiderdam in an aft wrap suite. When we booked the PCC told us that the cabin was changing when we arrive in Vancouver the first time from an SC on the Coastal to an SB for the Alaska. I asked her if we needed to be out all day so that the extreme stateroom makeover crew could expand and remodel it for its new SB status. :D

One of the big reasons that this change is taking place is because of those who purchase Guarantee cabins and the biggest percentage is to those that purchase a Balcony Guarantee on the Vista and Signature Class. Granted HAL has been watching on all the ships which categories are sold quickly and are the most popular. But one of the biggest money losers for them are the Guarantee Balcony cabins. In the past people who wanted to chose the actual cabin location would mostly purchase category VE, VD or VC rarely would they actually choose the category VA because frankly for the price they could go up to a Signature Suite for not much more and get one and half times more cabin. This left LOTS of V, VA and VB Cabins, if you take a look at how many CC members got UPGRADED to the VA or V cabins (Signature Class) from a VH you will find pretty much everyone ;) Well HAL saw that those paying the very lowest Guarantee pricing were getting the very best cabin locations. HAL was basically teaching their long time cruisers to just hold out buy cheap and you will get the best locations. They basically had to make a change so if you take a look at the new deck plans for the Vista Class and Signature Class. The New Deck plans basically go into effect when the Season changes for each ship, you will notice that for the Trans-Atlantic sailings those are the dates for ships like the Noordam and Nieuw Amsterdam or those doing Alaska sailings.

So now if you are one that always took the gamble of Balcony Guarantee because you always got a great location... let me tell you where you will definitely NOW get assigned ;) Deck 5 Verandah Deck mid ship sitting over the Life Boats with the smaller balconies. Those have been specially assigned just for you :D Now if you do not want one of these cabins with the smaller balcony now is the time to change they way you book your upcoming cruise and actually choose a cabin :)

One of the big reasons that this change is taking place is because of those who purchase Guarantee cabins and the biggest percentage is to those that purchase a Balcony Guarantee on the Vista and Signature Class. Granted HAL has been watching on all the ships which categories are sold quickly and are the most popular. But one of the biggest money losers for them are the Guarantee Balcony cabins. In the past people who wanted to chose the actual cabin location would mostly purchase category VE, VD or VC rarely would they actually choose the category VA because frankly for the price they could go up to a Signature Suite for not much more and get one and half times more cabin. This left LOTS of V, VA and VB Cabins, if you take a look at how many CC members got UPGRADED to the VA or V cabins (Signature Class) from a VH you will find pretty much everyone ;) Well HAL saw that those paying the very lowest Guarantee pricing were getting the very best cabin locations. HAL was basically teaching their long time cruisers to just hold out buy cheap and you will get the best locations. They basically had to make a change so if you take a look at the new deck plans for the Vista Class and Signature Class. The New Deck plans basically go into effect when the Season changes for each ship, you will notice that for the Trans-Atlantic sailings those are the dates for ships like the Noordam and Nieuw Amsterdam or those doing Alaska sailings.

So now if you are one that always took the gamble of Balcony Guarantee because you always got a great location... let me tell you where you will definitely NOW get assigned ;) Deck 5 Verandah Deck mid ship sitting over the Life Boats with the smaller balconies. Those have been specially assigned just for you :D Now if you do not want one of these cabins with the smaller balcony now is the time to change they way you book your upcoming cruise and actually choose a cabin :)

Thanks Lisa- hit the nail on the head!