Using Future Cruise Goodwill Credits

boxztrs

I have obtained quotes from my normal internet sources for a cruise in April, and each agency is adding approximately $150 for my use of the future cruise goodwill credits. In each case, their prices have been higher than booking with Princess directly.

Does this seem to be the norm for anyone that has booked with these credits?

I have obtained quotes from my normal internet sources for a cruise in April, and each agency is adding approximately $150 for my use of the future cruise goodwill credits. In each case, their prices have been higher than booking with Princess directly.

My guess would be maybe when someone uses goodwill credits it reduces the amount the non princess cruise provider is able to discount a fare. Just a hunch.....:):):)

Bob

Here's a link to another thread from someone also experiencing extra fees when using this credit for a booking through a discount agency.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1986668

Princess pays full commission when the goodwill credits are used, so there is no reduction in commission to the TA.

But, as a general rule, never use a travel agent that charges more than Princess does.

You are getting ripped off. Not only are my credits deducted from my fall cruise, I am also getting the 1 2 3 promo, a credit from my agent and a much better price than Princess offered. Look into a travel agent ( not AAA) instead of a discount broker.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Princess pays full commission when the goodwill credits are used, so there is no reduction in commission to the TA.

But, as a general rule, never use a travel agent that charges more than Princess does.

Carbill, are you sure that the TA get commission on the part of the fare that is in your Princess account from the free cruises? How do you know this? My travel agent says it is not true, and she has been good and honest with me, discounting all cruises, etc. in the past.

Carbill, are you sure that the TA get commission on the part of the fare that is in your Princess account from the free cruises? How do you know this? My travel agent says it is not true, and she has been good and honest with me, discounting all cruises, etc. in the past.

Yes it true. Princess and my TA. Was not at first but Princess updated their position.

When the promotion first started to have credits applied, the commission was lowered because of that.

After a big backlash from TAs, Princess reserved course and is giving the full commissions. They supposedly notified all the TAs, but somehow your TA did not get the word. She can contact Princess and learn all about it.

This my be helpful. This was sent to agents around Jan 9th, 2014

Dear Travel Agent Partner,

Our 100% Princess® Getaways, 100% off! sale has done a great job attracting cruisers to book our short cruises, and now it’s a more lucrative opportunity for you.

As you know, the “100% off” in this promotion is provided in the form of a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on a future cruise booking of 7 days and longer. While our normal policy is to not pay commission on FCCs, Princess Cruises will now make these FCCs commissionable. This change is applicable to future 100% Princess Getaways, 100% Off! Offers; as well, Princess will automatically convert FCCs issued under the prior 100% FCC Offers to be commissionable.

This campaign has been very successful in allowing new passengers to experience our brand and bringing awareness to the new Princess Getaways product. And ultimately, we believe this extremely attractive incentive to book a longer cruise will develop long term customers for Princess and you, our valued travel agent partners.

We hope this added incentive helps kick-off a great 2014 selling year, as we continue to look for new and innovative ways to grow our businesses together!

Thank you for your support,

I RAN AWAY from the T.A. Companies that gave lousy service and wanted to charge me $80. that would be paid to them if I changed my

mind before the 90 day ship rules.

Yes, they gave me some obc and discounts but not worth it because I prefer to have a T.A. who will be there for me when there is a serious

problem with a cruise that I have booked.

I have been with my T.A. for 10years now. LucyR.