What exactly are you allowed to take on board?

Memsy87

As regards snacks and drinks. I've heard a few conflicting views on whether or not you're allowed bring snacks to your stateroom that you may have purchased in the port or snacks from home.

Some say yes, a lot of "what to pack" lists say you can bring snacks but I called Royal Caribbean this morning and they said under no circumstances are you allowed.

Lol, how do people manage to get away with it? The drinks, I'm not too worried about as we will have the Premium Package. But there's certain "sports drinks" that I enjoy and would have liked to bring a couple of bottles on board to my stateroom.

Also, if someone can 100% clarify for me that if I buy duty free from Dublin Airport and bring it on board, as long as it's unopened will they give it back to me for when we are going home??

Thanks

As regards snacks and drinks. I've heard a few conflicting views on whether or not you're allowed bring snacks to your stateroom that you may have purchased in the port or snacks from home.

Some say yes, a lot of "what to pack" lists say you can bring snacks but I called Royal Caribbean this morning and they said under no circumstances are you allowed.

Lol, how do people manage to get away with it? The drinks, I'm not too worried about as we will have the Premium Package. But there's certain "sports drinks" that I enjoy and would have liked to bring a couple of bottles on board to my stateroom.

Also, if someone can 100% clarify for me that if I buy duty free from Dublin Airport and bring it on board, as long as it's unopened will they give it back to me for when we are going home??

Thanks

You won't have a problem bringing snacks as long as they're not produce and sealed in their original container. I bring protein bars all the time. We usually grab a case of water, stick a luggage tag on it, and it has always been delivered to the cabin. Sport drinks shouldn't be a problem as long they are sealed in their original container.

Finally, I've never heard anyone complain that they didn't get they're unopened liquor back. Were you aware that you are allowed to bring two 750 ml bottles of wine?

According to Royal's policy you are not allowed to bring any beverages onboard except the two 750ml bottles of wine/champagne per cabin. With that said many people, including myself, have had no problems bring other non alcoholic beverages on board. As long as the drinks haven't been spiked, and are sealed you 99% of the time won't have any problems getting it onboard.

Thanks

officially the answer is: 2 750 ML bottles of WINE per CABIN

anything and everything else is subject to denial.

too many variables based on ship, port, even time of year.

Had no problems bringing a box of 24 bottles of water on Oasis! I just taped the luggage tags on all sides to ensure it's delivered to the right cabin (alittle overdoing, am I on taping 4-6 luggage tags on bottled water? ;))

Forgot to add that my DH and I did bring small box UNOPENED of crackers and cookies for our airfare trip to home, they were not opened during cruise. We did also bring some breakfast bars too. That's no issue for us on bringing bottled water and unopened food....

Edited by dsmith4675

as for your other question, They SHOULD take whatever you get at the Duty Free shop and return it to you at the end of the cruise. That's been my experience. But why don't you just get it on your way back to avoid carrying it to and from the airport?

I was browsing through Royal Caribbean's facebook page a few days ago and someone asked about bringing bottled water on-board. Royal responded with "yes, as long as it is a reasonable amount." I assume since many people here have stated that they were able to bring on a case, that is what they would consider a reasonable amount. I don't know why they would tell you otherwise over the phone. Also, we had a couple packages of snacks that we brought on last year (not purposely, but just because we happened to have them with us from our pre-port stop), but I don't remember if we had them in our carry on or our luggage that was brought to our room. Either way, we didn't have a problem.

Our daughter wants to bring a case and has asked me if she can. This is her first cruise and I have never brought more then a couple bottles for myself then refilled them as needed. I told her we could distribute the bottles among the 4 of us but if she can bring a case that will be a big help as long as she tags it.

A recent reviewer of FOTS stated that the porter told her she could not put case of water with her bags, but (according to her) offered to turn his back while she put it in luggage, which she did.

As for snacks, there are many snacks on board (if you know this already just ignore me) as well as 24-hour room service. So unless you have a special snack that's not available you can skip the hassle.

Note also that ships' water is quite good and made with the same process that many bottled water makers use (reverse osmosis) so a fillable bottle may meet your needs.

officially the answer is: 2 750 ML bottles of WINE per CABIN

anything and everything else is subject to denial.

too many variables based on ship, port, even time of year.

I was browsing through Royal Caribbean's facebook page a few days ago and someone asked about bringing bottled water on-board. Royal responded with "yes, as long as it is a reasonable amount."

I think spookwife has outlined the issue - where I've heard of people having their water taken away, its been not by ship personnel but by the port during pre-boarding security checks.

Would probably be useful for people to list ports where they have (and haven't) successfully brought water, sports drinks etc. on board.

You won't have a problem bringing snacks as long as they're not produce and sealed in their original container. I bring protein bars all the time. We usually grab a case of water, stick a luggage tag on it, and it has always been delivered to the cabin. Sport drinks shouldn't be a problem as long they are sealed in their original container.

Finally, I've never heard anyone complain that they didn't get they're unopened liquor back. Were you aware that you are allowed to bring two 750 ml bottles of wine?

Oh yeah totally aware of that. But we like to avail of the cheaper spirits to bring back home. Not too sure what the duty free prices on the ship would be so we would like to buy some on our way over.

Oh yeah totally aware of that. But we like to avail of the cheaper spirits to bring back home. Not too sure what the duty free prices on the ship would be so we would like to buy some on our way over.

Got it. Have a great cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...

I'm resurrecting this old thread I found using a search. I would like to present my parents and brother with little gift baskets in their rooms the first night. Each basket would have about 5-8 small snack bags or candy in it. I need to pick these out myself due to food allergies. Is there a limit to how many sealed snacks or candy you can bring on in your carry-on? Obviously I will impose my own limit so I'm not carrying it around for hours, but I'll still need more than just a few..