Noordam Neptune Suite Issue

thepoint

You are correct the Concierge did not make the decision to involve your TA. It went higher than his position. He works under the supervision of the Guest Relations Manager who works under the supervision of......

Who was the GRM? It would be indicated on the Cruise Log given out the last night of the cruise.

If I might suggest, maybe you should communicate with Director of Mariners Society. I think Mr. Gerald Bernhoft needs to hear of what occured on Noordam. He and his staff are very responsive and usually prompt in responding when they are contacted. We think he runs one of the best Departments at HAL,

Edited by sail7seas

Yes, Paolo was who we dealt with. While it took convincing, we believed that he was convinced that it was not us, so we thought the issue was settled. Not really a big deal. Mistakes happen. It was not until we got home, that we found out HAL had escalated to our TA. I don't believe it was Paolo who would have made the decision to call TA. I also don't believe Paolo was fully informed about the issue, because had we know how serious it was we would have pushed back much stronger. I think Paolo was just a messenger. I do wish that we had been told at the time, because believe me my Dh would have hit the roof and demanded to interview bartender and to have security tapes pulled. This would have been so easy to straighten out without TA involvement. Plus on ship, HAL was saying DH was problem. TA said she was informed by HAL that I was the problem.

We have cancelled our two cruises. Husband and TA have written to HAL. Response is that it will take six weeks to receive a response. We are not looking for OBC or free cruise. We always book in advance in a Neptune suite future cruises were at a cost of $40,000. HAL does not care, we are only one small fish in the sea. I have read on CC where worse things have happened to people and the response has been pretty much so what. DH is done with HAL, and honestly I don't mind. I think that things have changed a lot over the past ten years. I have been saying for a long time that I don't think we are getting our money's worth. But, DH was loyal to HAL and didn't want to go on any other line. He loved Neptune Suite, breakfast in Pinnacle Grill, etc. In fact, we are going on Celebrity in September because friends arranged it and I pushed him to go. So, I hope all goes well with that and we will be Celebrity members going forward. We have two river cruises under our belt which we thoroughly enjoyed, so I will probably pursue that also.

By the way, we did enjoy our cruise and tipped Paolo and other cruise members extra because we did have such a good time. It was when we got home the stuff hit the fan. I will keep up with HAL on CC and if opinions on value change and I can convince DH to forgive and forget, maybe we will be back. Thanks for all your support.

Good for you. I'm still with your husband. :)

DH is done with HAL, and honestly I don't mind. I think that things have changed a lot over the past ten years. I have been saying for a long time that I don't think we are getting our money's worth. But, DH was loyal to HAL and didn't want to go on any other line. He loved Neptune Suite, breakfast in Pinnacle Grill, etc. In fact, we are going on Celebrity in September because friends arranged it and I pushed him to go. So, I hope all goes well with that and we will be Celebrity members going forward. We have two river cruises under our belt which we thoroughly enjoyed, so I will probably pursue that also.

I would love to hear your feedback regarding Celebrity. We are also considering Celebrity and will most likely sail with them next year. Best of luck to your and your husband.

Those three inside cabins were added in a retrofit --- I think the same time as they added the deck 10 cabins and Retreat.

On the other three Vistas there are no suites numbered 7047/7049/7051 ... only the three Insides.

When did the Noordam get the Retreat? It wasn't on the ship on our November, 2011 TA. Or am I misunderstanding what the Retreat is? Isn't it the wading pool installed on the Veendam?

When did the Noordam get the Retreat? It wasn't on the ship on our November, 2011 TA. Or am I misunderstanding what the Retreat is? Isn't it the wading pool installed on the Veendam?

There was confusion about the Retreat on Veendam vs on the Vista/Signature ships. It is very different. On the Vistas et al, Retreat is cabana area. A private section where people can reserve cabanas and have personalized steward service.

The wading pools are gone from Veendam and there now are some hot tubs. If possible, IMO, the fix is worse, in some ways, than the original.

In the last drydock (early 2013?) they added cabins 10001 to 10026 and put cabanas on top of them. That is what I was referring to as the Retreat (as it's called on the Eurodam), but I'm not sure if HAL is calling Noordam's that or the Cabana Club, as on the Nieuw A. Edited by jtl513

In the last drydock (early 2013?) they added cabins 10001 to 10026 and put cabanas on top of them. That is what I was referring to as the Retreat (as it's called on the Eurodam), but I'm not sure if HAL is calling Noordam's that or the Cabana Club, as on the Nieuw A.

Thank you, and, Sail, you as well, for clearing up the confusion. I am relieved that the Noordam hasn't gone the way of the Veendam.

Yes, Paolo was who we dealt with. While it took convincing, we believed that he was convinced that it was not us, so we thought the issue was settled. Not really a big deal. Mistakes happen. It was not until we got home, that we found out HAL had escalated to our TA. I don't believe it was Paolo who would have made the decision to call TA. I also don't believe Paolo was fully informed about the issue, because had we know how serious it was we would have pushed back much stronger. I think Paolo was just a messenger. I do wish that we had been told at the time, because believe me my Dh would have hit the roof and demanded to interview bartender and to have security tapes pulled. This would have been so easy to straighten out without TA involvement. Plus on ship, HAL was saying DH was problem. TA said she was informed by HAL that I was the problem.

We have cancelled our two cruises. Husband and TA have written to HAL. Response is that it will take six weeks to receive a response. We are not looking for OBC or free cruise. We always book in advance in a Neptune suite future cruises were at a cost of $40,000. HAL does not care, we are only one small fish in the sea. I have read on CC where worse things have happened to people and the response has been pretty much so what. DH is done with HAL, and honestly I don't mind. I think that things have changed a lot over the past ten years. I have been saying for a long time that I don't think we are getting our money's worth. But, DH was loyal to HAL and didn't want to go on any other line. He loved Neptune Suite, breakfast in Pinnacle Grill, etc. In fact, we are going on Celebrity in September because friends arranged it and I pushed him to go. So, I hope all goes well with that and we will be Celebrity members going forward. We have two river cruises under our belt which we thoroughly enjoyed, so I will probably pursue that also.

By the way, we did enjoy our cruise and tipped Paolo and other cruise members extra because we did have such a good time. It was when we got home the stuff hit the fan. I will keep up with HAL on CC and if opinions on value change and I can convince DH to forgive and forget, maybe we will be back. Thanks for all your support.

Thank you for your update.

Would be very interested to hear your thoughts on Celebrity when you return from your September cruise, especially how your DH deals with no Pinnacle Grill breakfast etc.