Bon Voyage Uncle Les

They are at Messina today A port steeped in mythology as it guards the Straits of Messina between Italy and Sicily.

Got a grab as they were backing into their berth of the famous Golden Statue that guards the entrance into the port .

24arc1_zpsf73efd9b.jpg

They are at Messina today A port steeped in mythology as it guards the Straits of Messina between Italy and Sicily.

Got a grab as they were backing into their berth of the famous Golden Statue that guards the entrance into the port .

24arc1_zpsf73efd9b.jpg

Great shot, cheers.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Well Uncle Les arrived back from UK yesterday, after 11 weeks away. A wonderful time we had. Both Golden Princess and Arcadia are fine ships. The highlight in the Med for us was Valletta, Malta and Taormina, Messina, however all ports good. Only 4 Aussies on board Arcadia. The ship is in great shape with re furb last December. From the pics posted here, it leels like you were all on board Golden and Arcadia with us, in spirit anyway, thanks to David. When I get time I will do reviews of both ships. We also had a few weeks in UK driving around, all those full English brekkies putting a few pounds on, or was it the cider?

Flight back with Qantas in Premium economy, quite comfy except for the turbulence 75% of the way !!! Give me a ship anytime over those new fangled flying machines, even if it is an A380.

Regards to all and thanks for your interest.

Edited by NSWP

Welcome Home Uncle Les..

Thank you Uncle David, an adventure it was. My bank balance took a real hammering !

Thanks for putting up all the ports along the way for Golden Princess and Arcadia, I am sure many on here enjoyed their daily cruise fix from you.

Edited by NSWP

Well Uncle Les arrived back from UK yesterday, after 11 weeks away. A wonderful time we had. Both Golden Princess and Arcadia are fine ships. The highlight in the Med for us was Valletta, Malta and Taormina, Messina, however all ports good. Only 4 Aussies on board Arcadia. The ship is in great shape with re furb last December. From the pics posted here, it leels like you were all on board Golden and Arcadia with us, in spirit anyway, thanks to David. When I get time I will do reviews of both ships. We also had a few weeks in UK driving around, all those full English brekkies putting a few pounds on, or was it the cider?

Flight back with Qantas in Premium economy, quite comfy except for the turbulence 75% of the way !!! Give me a ship anytime over those new fangled flying machines, even if it is an A380.

Regards to all and thanks for your interest.

Welcome back Les, we have missed you and now look forward to your reviews.:D

[quote name='MicCanberra']Welcome back Les, we have missed you and now look forward to your reviews.:D[/QUOTE]
Thanks all. I have just submitted a couple of brief reviews to CC on Golden Princess/Arcadia, should be up on site soon. I am not big on writing reviews. Any questions about either ship/itinerary, just fire away.