1 point from Diamond..will we get

minnie00

Diamond status after the first night of our next cruise? Will we get diamond lounge access after first night?

Thanks for any thoughts :)

Check with the C&A rep on board and maybe he/she will grant your wish. I've seen it happen before.:eek:

I feel you! We are cruising in 2 days time and the second last evening we turn diamond! I asked on my last cruise (same ship) they said they can't do anything :( we ended up booking another cruise departing 8 days later so we will be Diamond then and I'll be drinking my specialty coffee instead of that other crap, I don't drink alcohol so that's a perk I won't use

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The probable answer is no as stated by those before me, and from personal experience it will be a no as well. We asked on our last cruise as we turned Diamond onboard, and were told a firm "No.". The jump to Diamond is huge as you know with the better coupons, balcony discount, and Diamond Lounge/Event and all that includes. I wish there was some consistency, though. Everyone should be told the same thing, not some passengers lucking out and being allowed to upgrade to Diamond onboard. JMHO. :)

As everyone says, the official answer is "no." But if there aren't many Diamonds on the cruise, a sympathetic concierge may make an exception. But I would expect the answer to be no. Can you squeak in a short cruise first to get Diamond?

The Concierge has nothing to do with this, it would be the Loyalty Ambassador. Others have reported being summarily dismissed when asking to be "advanced" to the next level while on board, possibly because the LA was getting annoyed by the requests. The rule is no and most seem to adhere to it.

Had this discussion with a loyalty person I know and they are not supposed to raise your status and will get in trouble if they do and another issue was turning diamond on the first leg of a back to back cruise you would assume the 2nd cruise you were on that your status is diamond but that is not guaranteed because the status change happens about 7-10 days from when you get off the ship. I just hit diamond plus and I had 3 weeks till next cruise and it took 8 days for my status to change then I had to call and have new documents sent, my online didn't change but my luggage tags did which meant my room key would be diamond plus, get things corrected BEFORE you get on board trust me there.

Another thing I upgraded to a suite and paid a fee for the upgrade and it took me multiple times calling crown and anchor for my double points, always check your cruises completed and the actual points you obtained.

I feel you! We are cruising in 2 days time and the second last evening we turn diamond! I asked on my last cruise (same ship) they said they can't do anything :( we ended up booking another cruise departing 8 days later so we will be Diamond then and I'll be drinking my specialty coffee instead of that other crap, I don't drink alcohol so that's a perk I won't use...
Based on CruiseCritic posts [so it must be true] usually [90+%] an upgrade to Diamond during the cruise is "NO". BUT usually you will be allowed full Diamond benefits on the second leg of a B2B if you earned it on the first leg, even though the points will not have been posted in Miami. This is not automatic, but a polite request to the LA [and their check of your sailings] will usually accomplish this. 8 days is about the time it takes for points to post, so I recommend taking your previous cruise SeaPass and Final bill with you on the next cruise to substantiate that you have earned Diamond, just in case.

Thom

It wasn't an issue for us because we became Diamond under the old system. I don't think it is very clear about when the points are awarded so it really does seem like a legitimate question to ask once on board.

Unless someone knows of the policy wording that specifies points are awarded only after the cruise is complete?

Never mind. Found it.

Cruise Points are awarded to the guest who's name is entered into the reservation at the time of booking and completes the sailing.

Edited by galavant3

thank you for all the input. We are 1 point away that is 1 night...oh well...we have had emails come from RCCL saying oh you are almost diamond...book another cruise lol ;)

I feel your pain, we missed by a few points on our last cruise and it was a 15 day cruise. :eek:

I had heard on here that sometimes they make exceptions so I asked the Loyalty Ambassador on the second day when we were with him to book a cruise. He said thank you for the booking but nope I don't make exceptions. sigh

Hopefully you will get better results.

We were on a B2B in November when we reached next status level. I talked to the friendly staff at the desk in the main lobby of the atrium and they issued us new cards with the new status.

As a backup I had a very good documentation of all the cruises that we took to reach the status change, they knew our current status and on the day that we reached the new level, we received new cards and a toast at the Dining Room.

Be nice to your pursers; they can do a lot... :)

Hope that works for you... Enjoy your Diamond status.

Edited by HappyRev

The Concierge has nothing to do with this, it would be the Loyalty Ambassador. Others have reported being summarily dismissed when asking to be "advanced" to the next level while on board, possibly because the LA was getting annoyed by the requests. The rule is no and most seem to adhere to it.

Actually my point wasn't that the concierge would change the status, but that if the lounge was not very crowded the concierge, if approached, might let them in. Worst that can happen is he says no.

I feel your pain....

Last cruise was a B2B. We approached the L.A. who suggested we return on day 1 cruise 2. From there we advanced from Platinum to Emerald. No real big deal here benefit wise.

But.... what we did not realise was that we are 2 nights (1 really as we go Junior Suite) off diamond. We have another B2B in Oct, so will do the first (7 nights), introduce ourselves to the L.A. and all goes well, we will be diamond on the 2nd (11 nights).

Actually my point wasn't that the concierge would change the status, but that if the lounge was not very crowded the concierge, if approached, might let them in. Worst that can happen is he says no.

Doubt it - guess I have a problem with people groveling to get something to which they are not entitled. In any event, the concierge would have no idea as to how many points they have.

On the second day of our last ten-night cruise we accumulated enough points for Diamond Plus. I very quietly and nicely inquired of the Loyalty Ambassador if we could possibly enjoy the perks of Diamond Plus (CL) for the remainder of the cruise and in a very rude, loud voice in a crowded room he told me no - they already had too many Diamond Plus on board! :(

Diamond status after the first night of our next cruise? Will we get diamond lounge access after first night?

Thanks for any thoughts :)

We turned Diamond during our last cruise and no they didn't up grade our status . Because they don't give you your points until you finish your cruise.It is there rule and they have to follow it because they get a lot of Diamonds and above on board and the lounge fills up quickly.

Edited by Jasp 0401

from Crown & Anchor website

Cruise Points are the way you earn membership status in the Crown & Anchor Society. You can earn one Cruise Point for every cruise night you sail with us, and DOUBLE the points when you purchase a suite. For instance, if you complete a 7-night cruise, you'll earn 7 Cruise Points, and when you purchase a suite you'll earn 14 Cruise Points. Further terms and conditions apply. Points are not recorded or applied until after you complete your sailing. For example, if you are graduating from Gold to Platinum tier level on your current sailing, you will not receive Platinum level benefits until your next sailing

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=340&faqSubjectName=Crown+%26+Anchor+Society&faqId=4719

thank you again everyone...doesn't Diamond get you in concierge too or just the diamond lounge?

:)

You have to be Diamond Plus, Pinnacle, or in GS or better suite to have access to the Concierge Lounge.