Can I tell you all something!!!!

Yellowfurbaby

With all the moans and groans people seem to have about their cruises.... Can I just say I can't bloody wait until mine!!!! It's not till August and it will be my first ever celebrity cruise (have done Royal Caribbean) I am so excited and having all this God awful weather in England right now is making me wish for the summer even more.

I can't wait to board! I cannot wait to eat all that food! I cannot wait to be spoilt rotten by the wonderful staff! I cannot wait to lie on a sunbed while we sail over the Mediterranean sipping cocktails, reading my kindle.

I cannot wait to get dressed in my posh frock and seeing my husband so handsome in his tux. Witwoo.

I cannot wait I think I might burst and reading all people's doom and gloom on here isn't dampening my excitement one little bit!!!!! So :p

Now has anyone any info on cabin 6266? Photos especially would be splendid :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

With all the moans and groans people seem to have about their cruises.... Can I just say I can't bloody wait until mine!!!! It's not till August and it will be my first ever celebrity cruise (have done Royal Caribbean) I am so excited and having all this God awful weather in England right now is making me wish for the summer even more.

I can't wait to board! I cannot wait to eat all that food! I cannot wait to be spoilt rotten by the wonderful staff! I cannot wait to lie on a sunbed while we sail over the Mediterranean sipping cocktails, reading my kindle.

I cannot wait to get dressed in my posh frock and seeing my husband so handsome in his tux. Witwoo.

I cannot wait I think I might burst and reading all people's doom and gloom on here isn't dampening my excitement one little bit!!!!! So :p

I like your attitude.

Here is a spread sheet for S class

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE#gid=0

Info on cabins for M class

"This list is posted frequently in this forum, so this seems a good place to lock it down."

Each of the following cabins on the Millennium Class ships (Millennium, Infinity, Constellation, Summit) has some particular benefit over its peers of the same class -- most often an oversized veranda, sometimes larger cabin or nicer decor. Not all of these differences are accurately reflected in any known deck plans.

SS-6131,6132,6145,6146

CC-9043,9038,9201,9164,9162,9160

CC-8045,8046,8185,8176,8172,8170

CC-7203,7212,7208,7206

CC-6135,6136,6143,6144

2A-8161,8146,9173,9138

2B-7049,7080,7163,7166,7171,7173,7175,7177,7174,7176, 7178,7180

2C- 6016,6018,6020,6021,6022,6023,6024,6025,6026,6027, 6029,6030,6031,6033,6035,6053,6048

http://www.cruiseshiprooms.com/Celebrity/Solstice/6266/cabin-stateroom.html

I am like you, glad to be going on a cruise, why look for something to complain about. Look for all the good things. If something bad does happen, like maybe you ordered chicken and they bring you a steak, big deal. Think about how hard these people on the ship work. No one is perfect, I bet no one out there would like someone jumping down their throat at their job.

I appreciate everything everyone that works on a ship does. How could I enjoy my vacation without them.

Norma

Thank you for that, Yellowfurbaby! My cruise isn't until August also, and right about now, eagerly awaiting it is one of the few things keeping me sane right now! I'm in the very snowy Northeastern USA, there's about 10" of snow on the ground(that's covering the 4" that fell on Monday, and the 3+ foot tall mounds of snow and ice that didn't melt from the last two snowfalls of the previous weeks. I appreciate your excitement, and I KNOW you'll have a wonderful time on the Eclipse. Cheers! :D

I so agree with you! I am counting the days till I am on the Century in Sept 2014. Love your post, thanks for sharing your excitement.

We just got off the Eclipse after 14 days this past Saturday. Loved it. We've been dedicated "Cunarders". With them not doing much in the Caribbean & the fact that the cold months are when we can travel, we had to look elsewhere. We chose Celebrity & glad we did. The Moonlight Sonata(Main dining room)was far better than any of the recent time aboard Cunard & Britannia dining room. Food portions & quality was more akin of say..the Princess Grill on Cunard. The staff was very attentive & cleaning was constant(whether needed or not)The specialty rest. were great & woth the price. We're both in the food industry & real "foodies" so we were very happy with Celebrity. I've heard the food quality has dropped. If so..from what level? From spectacular to merely fantastic?? We were very pleased & plan to cruise with them again. Hopefully you'll get to see Perry Grant in Michaels Club. The guy is a riot. Check him out on "Youtube" for snippets of his shows. We think you'll have an outstanding trip!

Great post. Couldn't agree more. I haven't been on a cruise since 1997 and this will be W's first cruise. Can't wait! I find the critical posts and threads useful in many ways. Not only for vacation planning but for personal growth as well. As I get more into my 50s I realize I don't want to become a grumpy old man. I want to enjoy life and the good fortune that I can enjoy it and see the world. I figure I have around 13000 days left (maybe more), So if bad things happen "whatahyahgonnado?"

I am like you, glad to be going on a cruise, why look for something to complain about. Look for all the good things. If something bad does happen, like maybe you ordered chicken and they bring you a steak, big deal. Think about how hard these people on the ship work. No one is perfect, I bet no one out there would like someone jumping down their throat at their job.

I appreciate everything everyone that works on a ship does. How could I enjoy my vacation without them.

Norma

You can't say it any better. I saw some pax who were absolute asses. I actually got into a small fight(when I said I'd break his leg & I meant it, he backed down!) with one who was swearing at a manager at the guest relations desk.Being in the hospitality field I have to hold my tongue, but when on vacation, I'll defend the ships staff from these slime if need be. It's a shame but all ships seem to have some of these types. I wound up getting a nice bottle of wine & a complimentary lunch at Bistro on 5 as a thank you. I really don't recommend getting into a brawl like this, but sorry I couldn't let this guy harass the staff like that. My partner says I'm the ideal person for that "What would you do" show. I just feel the staff on ships do so much for the thousands who are on board, that sometimes we need to speak up for them when they're abused. I did find out that this "pig" is going to be permanetly banned from Celebrity for his actions.

I absolutely loved your post. Thanks!!! I have never been on a cruise that I did not enjoy. I am not perfect, life is not perfect, and cruises are not always perfect; however, I just feel so very fortunate to be able to go on them and to be alive!!

Having our wonderful 10 day cruise on Equinox coming up on March 14th has kept us going through this not-so-good winter. We can not wait! The cranky passengers are gonna have to be cranky alone because we are never happier than when we're sailing the sea to wonderful destinations. Thank you to keithm, who protected the staff from a rude passenger. It really breaks my heart to see that happen and all of us have a story or two of seeing that rudeness on board. The staff serve us well.....all of us. Kindness is free and painless! Pass it on!

Edited by obnurse
typo

Here Here!:D

But~~~~~~~~ready~~~~~~~~~~:rolleyes:

Looking at all the other count down clocks it stinks that ours has the most days till we sail of any of em! Great thought young Lady! Keep em coming.

ps: be careful now, you have yet to sail on X and may get tagged as a pre-cheerleader!

Edited by wallie5446

To the OP, Loved your post! We always feel the same way. Every cruise is exciting and the anticipation is a big part of it.

We'll be on the Stolstice out of Sydney next January so we're in the planning stage right now which is part of the fun of it. DH says I'll probably start packing in July:p

It never gets old.:D

With all the moans and groans people seem to have about their cruises.... Can I just say I can't bloody wait until mine!!!!

I've just returned from 10 glorious days on the Equinox sailing through the Caribbean. After reading the many complaints on this forum, I was a bit anxious about whether Celebrity had lost its touch since our last cruise on the Century 4 years ago. Let me assure you that Celebrity still does it right! The food was very good and the new arrangement of different stations in the Oceanview Cafe (cafeteria-type dining) let 3000 people get food in a pleasant and convenient manner. The staff were top-notch--friendly, competent and always helpful. And the ship was clean, in good repair, and just beautiful.

Was it absolutely perfect? Actually, nearly. I look forward to our next sailing with Celebrity.

You are so right! Celebrity is great and what a wonderful time we have while we are on-board! you will love the Eclipse! Fabulous ship. I can't wait and our cruise is in April!!

Have fun and enjoy!!