Can I tell you all something!!!!

Yellowfurbaby

I am looking forward to my 4th. cruise out of Ft.Lauderdale on March 14th. on the Celebrity Equinox. I have enjoyed reading all of the posts on this great web site, but to tell you the truth, I am a bit worried about how I am going to enjoy my cruise.

I wonder if maybe I should cancel or just stay in my cabin. There is so much concern over so many things that I find it mind boggling.

Should I bring an over the door shoe bag? What is the latest in perfumes, lipsticks and luggage? Should I pack shoes to match every outfit, and will my uncoordinated outfits look tacky. Is my formal formal enough and what about poor hubby with his suit that he hasn't worn for a couple of years? Will I loose my lounge and my book,etc. when I take a dip in the pool? I wonder if my purse will do on ship, on the airplane and on shore?

I am a senior citizen and have travelled by cruise ship, motorhome, rail and auto, I wonder if I will be able to manage, and have a good time. I think that I will just do as I have always done and take all of these posts with a bit of salt! lol.....

Ha ha Yellowfurbaby, I guessed you were from the UK as soon as I read the word bloody.

Celebrity is great. Our 5th cruise is coming up in March, on the Eclipse, and I am soooo looking forward to it. I often wonder if those who complain are those who have cruised for years and so do see a decline. Kind of like no longer getting silver service in a restaurant.

For the average person I do think it is a wonderful treat and the food, service, and overall experience just can't be beat. For you, so many countries and only having to pack once is a wonderful thing.

If you haven't, join your roll call, it can be great fun getting to know some of your fellow cruisers, a font of information, and help get the excitement level even higher.

Cheers, h.

I am like you, glad to be going on a cruise, why look for something to complain about. Look for all the good things. If something bad does happen, like maybe you ordered chicken and they bring you a steak, big deal. Think about how hard these people on the ship work. No one is perfect, I bet no one out there would like someone jumping down their throat at their job.

I appreciate everything everyone that works on a ship does. How could I enjoy my vacation without them.

Norma

So with you. As you can see, we have been on a lot of cruises and I have never had anything happen to spoil my great time. Someone is cooking for me, cleaning for me, treating my great, and I am on a ship taking me to the islands I love, letting me lay on beaches with gorgeous water, what more could I want! Best way to vacation, just never get tired of it.

So with you. As you can see, we have been on a lot of cruises and I have never had anything happen to spoil my great time. Someone is cooking for me, cleaning for me, treating my great, and I am on a ship taking me to the islands I love, letting me lay on beaches with gorgeous water, what more could I want! Best way to vacation, just never get tired of it.

Agree. We've never had a bad Cruise either.

With all the moans and groans people seem to have about their cruises.... Can I just say I can't bloody wait until mine!!!! It's not till August and it will be my first ever celebrity cruise (have done Royal Caribbean) I am so excited and having all this God awful weather in England right now is making me wish for the summer even more.

I can't wait to board! I cannot wait to eat all that food! I cannot wait to be spoilt rotten by the wonderful staff! I cannot wait to lie on a sunbed while we sail over the Mediterranean sipping cocktails, reading my kindle.

I cannot wait to get dressed in my posh frock and seeing my husband so handsome in his tux. Witwoo.

I cannot wait I think I might burst and reading all people's doom and gloom on here isn't dampening my excitement one little bit!!!!! So :p

Now has anyone any info on cabin 6266? Photos especially would be splendid :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I like the way you think. Now that's the way everyone should approach their cruise! I'd say it's a safe bet that you're going to have an absolutely lovely time. When you come back, write a trip report for us!

With all the moans and groans people seem to have about their cruises.... Can I just say I can't bloody wait until mine!!!! It's not till August and it will be my first ever celebrity cruise (have done Royal Caribbean) I am so excited and having all this God awful weather in England right now is making me wish for the summer even more.

I can't wait to board! I cannot wait to eat all that food! I cannot wait to be spoilt rotten by the wonderful staff! I cannot wait to lie on a sunbed while we sail over the Mediterranean sipping cocktails, reading my kindle.

I cannot wait to get dressed in my posh frock and seeing my husband so handsome in his tux. Witwoo.

I cannot wait I think I might burst and reading all people's doom and gloom on here isn't dampening my excitement one little bit!!!!! So :p

Totally agree , enjoy your cruise.

Furbaby, you will have a great cruise because of your amazing attitude and also because you are sailing on a beautiful Celebrity ship. We sailed on her from Southampton in Nov. and enjoyed every minute. Don't miss the glass show. I second the Perry Grant show but he might not be your cup of tea. I hope he is and that he is on the ship when you sail.

I am sorry for all the bad weather you are having in England.

Love your attitude Yellowfurbaby, love your name too!

I still feel as excited as you as I anticipate our upcoming cruises, it certainly helps to get me through this dreary winter here as well.

I feel blessed that we have enjoyed many cruises on Celebrity and Royal over the past 12 years. We will never have any savings as we "donate" all our spare cash to RCI but we have wonderful memories and have many dear friends all over the world!

I know you will enjoy the Eclipse:D

You are going to love it!! We are on our 3rd cruise this July and I sometimes wonder at the things people moan about. We are the lucky ones that can afford the luxury of a cruise. Enjoy every moment and if you have any questions -please ask:)

HERE HERE!! Our Med cruise on the Silhouette is not until September and the weather we've been having here in Toronto is unlike what we have experienced in the past say 5 years. I've been making it through the terrible weather why watching hours of YouTube videos and reading reviews of the places we will be visiting. If anyone would like to share their fave onboard cocktail I'm all ears!:D

I totally agree.

weather so bad i just booked a cruise,for August, so still a way off.

I am enjoying looking at excursions brochure, whilst listening to wind and rain.

Like you , I cannot wait.

I'm also counting the days for our family cruise on the Silhouette on 22nd June.

I spend my days in cold and rainy Scotland reading review after review,picking out what I would choose from the menus , dreaming of delicious Martinis and reminiscing of cruises gone by and all the wonderful people I have met .

I am a lucky person to have cruised and have wonderful memories to show for it , although I do tend to block out our disastrous Century cruise of 2010 when it broke down on our second day and we were treated so badly we said we would never cruise Celebrity again , but we did and have had great times .

There are those who will never get to leave the town they grew up in never mind sail to far off places enjoying luxury along the way .

We are the fortunate ones , so enjoy every minute of preparation and participation :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

We sail on our first ever cruise in June. Celebrating our silver wedding anniversary.

To say I'm excited to go is like saying War and Peace is just a short book.

I CAN'T BREATHE!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Have a wonderful cruise!

*impatiently waiting for June on the Solstice in Alaska*

Oh so right! Some of these reviewers . . . they sound just delightful, don't they? The one who won't step foot aboard a Celebrity ship unless s/he was dead comes to mind . . .

One thing that struck my H and I when we cruised our very first cruise (to Alaska, on the Solstice), was how fun, friendly, and happy everyone seemed to be. We're all on vacation, after all, having an experience we are all quite privileged to be able to have!

I am waiting out this dreary, seemingly unending winter by reading this board and anticipating our April cruise to the Caribbean. CANNOT wait! I love being spoiled by the hardworking staff, not having to cook, clean, or worry over work and home duties, etc. Add in being on "date night" with my H every night (dinner out, dancing and drinks and afterward) and visiting some of the loveliest places on earth . . . it all adds up to a wonderful vacation. Some of things people choose to see negatively leave me shaking my head. Thank you for your uplifting post!

You know what - we are just about to head off on our 45th cruise (we started 24 years ago) and we still feel just like you do. We have never been on a really BAD cruise. Some have been not as good as others, but we were on a cruise. No cooking, cleaning, food shopping, laundry, washing up. What can be bad about that?

Thanks for your post yellowfurbaby! I too had "cruiseitis" and had to cure it booking an Alaskan cruise in June. I can't wait! The staff of all my cruises have been wonderful and work so hard! I wonder when I read complaints if the people were on a totally different cruise. Thank you everyone who enjoys and supports the wonderful work the staff does for all of us!