Regal Princess Godmother?

Kenosha Cruiser

Well the Godmother is Carolyn Spencer Brown, editor in chief of the popular online community Cruise Critic. Not sure who is going to christen her..

http://www.princess.com/news/press_releases/2013/03/Princess-Cruises-Celebrates-Float-Out-of-Regal-Princess.html#.Uv67temPLIU

No...Carolyn Spencer Brown is the Madrina which is different from the Godmother....

For example, the Royal's Madrina was Victoria Nash and the Godmother was Princess Kate.

Edited by RickEk

No...Carolyn Spencer Brown is the Madrina which is different from the Godmother....

For example, the Royal's Madrina was Victoria Nash and the Godmother was Princess Kate.

Yeah, Princess is a little confusing in their wording..

Following the Italian shipyard’s custom, the float out of a ship begins when a “madrina,” or godmother, cuts the cord that begins the flow of water into the ship’s building dock.

I didn't know about a "madrina" . I was thinking in terms like Princess Kate when she christened the Royal Princess. Anyway, here's another question. Who do you think Princess should select to christen the Regal. I was thinking Pippa Middleton, Kate's sister. Sisters for sister ships!

I didn't know about a "madrina" . I was thinking in terms like Princess Kate when she christened the Royal Princess. Anyway, here's another question. Who do you think Princess should select to christen the Regal. I was thinking Pippa Middleton, Kate's sister. Sisters for sister ships!

How about RuPaul, now that would be a hoot!:D

Hmmmmm.... Margaret Thatcher was the old Regal Princess' godmother. Howzabout Helen Mirren? She played a queen... :)

Hmmmmm.... Margaret Thatcher was the old Regal Princess' godmother. Howzabout Helen Mirren? She played a queen... :)

Kate Blanchett, one of my favorite actresses, did as well in 'Elizabeth' (1998) as well as the movie 'Elizabeth: The Golden Age' (2007). She's probably better known by 'Lord of the Ring' fans as Galadriel.

:D

Were getting some good answers. I figure it will be some gal from England, Helen Mirren, Kate Blanchett and Kate Winslet are interesting figures. I doubt if Kate Winslet has any chance at all, the Titanic wouldn't go to well with the Princess management team. Doesn't Margaret Thatcher have a daughter? Since her mother was the godmother of the first Regal Princess, maybe the daughter could christen the second new Regal.

Were getting some good answers. I figure it will be some gal from England, Helen Mirren, Kate Blanchett and Kate Winslet are interesting figures. I doubt if Kate Winslet has any chance at all, the Titanic wouldn't go to well with the Princess management team. Doesn't Margaret Thatcher have a daughter? Since her mother was the godmother of the first Regal Princess, maybe the daughter could christen the second new Regal.

Good idea, Carol Thatcher.

I found this picture of Margaret Thatcher, the "Iron Lady" when she christened the old Regal Princess. The event took place in Brooklyn, New York on Aug. 8, 1991. I'm now wondering what ever happen to the old Regal Princess?

Sapphire56, I wasn't sure if she had a daughter or not, but maybe her daughter Carol Thatcher might make a good choice to be the godmother of the new Regal.

>