Regal Princess Godmother?

Kenosha Cruiser

I found this picture of Margaret Thatcher, the "Iron Lady" when she christened the old Regal Princess. The event took place in Brooklyn, New York on Aug. 8, 1991. I'm now wondering what ever happen to the old Regal Princess

The original Regal Princess is sailing for P & O Australia as Pacific Dawn.

I kinda like the Kate Winslet idea. She's a beautiful woman with a good head on her shoulders. But why are we looking for someone British (no offense to the Brits)? From Sitmar, Princess gets half of its heritage and that's Italian - and the ship is built in an Italian shipyard.

I know Sophia Loren has a couple of ships to her credit but there must be someone else Italian that could christen the ship.

Although I think if we are to go with a Dame, we should go with Dame Edna :)

Some years ago, the Regal Princess was docked just behind the Pacific Princes, in Puerto Limon.

We were sailing on the Pacific Princess, and were told that we could visit the Regal Princess, and my future FIL wanted a pizza, which was not available on the Pacific Princess. So off we went, and over a slice of pizza, I asked him for his daughters hand in marriage. He was delighted, and we bacame very close friends over the years, till he finally passed away just under a year ago.

So the Regal Princess has great memories, even though we were only aboard her for a short time.;)

And I like a few of the names that have been mentioned for the godmother of the new Regal Princess.

Rick

Some years ago, the Regal Princess was docked just behind the Pacific Princes, in Puerto Limon.

We were sailing on the Pacific Princess, and were told that we could visit the Regal Princess, and my future FIL wanted a pizza, which was not available on the Pacific Princess. So off we went, and over a slice of pizza, I asked him for his daughters hand in marriage. He was delighted, and we bacame very close friends over the years, till he finally passed away just under a year ago.

So the Regal Princess has great memories, even though we were only aboard her for a short time.;)

And I like a few of the names that have been mentioned for the godmother of the new Regal Princess.

Rick

What a great memory! :)

If Princess doesn't pick an English woman, one that is a famous actress or dame which I believe they will. How about this famous dame from the United States, Betty White! She is a famous comedienne, actress, presenter, singer, author and TV personality. In 2013, Guinness World Records awarded White with having the longest television career for a female entertainer. She's 92 and going strong.

betty-white.jpg

I kinda like the Kate Winslet idea. She's a beautiful woman with a good head on her shoulders. But why are we looking for someone British (no offense to the Brits)? From Sitmar, Princess gets half of its heritage and that's Italian - and the ship is built in an Italian shipyard.

I know Sophia Loren has a couple of ships to her credit but there must be someone else Italian that could christen the ship.

I believe Sophia Loren is Godmother to just about all the MSC ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, I second the motion, Edna is the right age looks and demographic for Princess Cruises. Better than yet another boring Class driven Pom! :eek:

Now for Slings and arrows of outrageous for... ah just make it outrage! :D

It's just not cricket all you Hooray Henry and Henrietta types. :p

Signing off - Bogan Bruce from Bundaberg!

Third cousin of Sir Leslie Colin just call me "Les" Patterson a fine figure of Rabelaisian excess and an antipodean Falstaff. ;)

:cool:

But, please, no Clintons.

I don't think Chelsea prominent enough and I don't think Princess would pick the future POTUS as a godmother...although that would be a coup. But if we're looking at the political spectrum, Michelle Obama would be a wonderful choice given her service as First Lady. Or perhaps Sasha and Malia.

And back to Italian women, Isabella Rossellini would also be a great choice - she's another beautiful and classy woman.

Well, I like the idea of a Dame ... there is nothing like a Dame ...

Dame Edna. "Hello, possums!"

I guess we could move into this century a bit and go for Lady Gaga!

Seriously, I hope they avoid young 'stars' who may fade. Also, politicians are easy to get to speak but it always feels like they are campaigning even when they officially are not. Avoid the politicians please.

And why does it have to be female? Anybody can symbolically open the gates to flood the dock or smash the bottle on the prow. We could look to science or engineering too. Do you think NASA will bring back the Mars Rover if asked nice??

Does the Regal have an outside walk around on the Promenade deck

Regal Princess will NOT have a walk-around promenade deck. There was talk that the current open areas (the promenade deck 'porches') would be 'connected' by the areas behind the lifeboats which is currently restricted for crew use only. There will be no aft walkway around the stern, nor forward around the bow. If what they were taking about did happen, the only walkable areas would be along the length of the ship, and the port side will not connect to the starboard side.

Here is the link the the article:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5623

NOW, back to the Godmother thread!!!

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

Regal Princess will NOT have a walk-around promenade deck. There was talk that the current open areas (the promenade deck 'porches') would be 'connected' by the areas behind the lifeboats which is currently restricted for crew use only. There will be no aft walkway around the stern, nor forward around the bow. If what they were taking about did happen, the only walkable areas would be along the length of the ship, and the port side will not connect to the starboard side.

Here is the link the the article:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5623

NOW, back to the Godmother thread!!!

:D

Better then nothing I guess.