Travel games?

MollyFlyer

About 35 years ago we got a travel scrabble game that has been all over the world. It is small and fits easily into a carry-on.

We have used it on planes, hotels and ships.

We take ours too but my husband cheats like crazy so I have to take a dictionary with us. At home when we play, I have a 20 pound (seriously it's huge), about 18 by 12 inch - 8 inch deep Websters unabridged dictionary. I had to trim down for trips but he SO cheats. Okay, it's a flower that grows on the west side of the hill in China in June only when you get 80% sun. Makes me crazy. I can literally go get lunch while he's taking his turn.

I've found that the games on board are usually missing parts.

We take ours too but my husband cheats like crazy so I have to take a dictionary with us. At home when we play, I have a 20 pound (seriously it's huge), about 18 by 12 inch - 8 inch deep Websters unabridged dictionary. I had to trim down for trips but he SO cheats. Okay, it's a flower that grows on the west side of the hill in China in June only when you get 80% sun. Makes me crazy. I can literally go get lunch while he's taking his turn.

That is one of the funniest things I've read all day!

We bring LCR, or LCR Wild, and always Five Crowns... and the library usually has new decks of cards. My mother said she saw someone with a lightweight plastic set of dominoes & is out hunting for a set, but I think that's going to be a hassle.

I've found that the games on board are usually missing parts.

lol...my husband cheats too! :P

I take along a deck of waterproof cards and a small pocket sized Sudoku puzzle book.

On NCL, they have trays with print outs of Sudoku puzzles and trivia questions. I can't remember if they have crossword puzzles as well, but think they do. There are new ones each day. They are complementary, all you have to do is stop by the library and pick up a copy of the one(s) that interest you. Each cruise I always stop by for the Sudoku and trivia. They're fun to do anyway, but the trivia ones were even more fun when hubby and I traveled with family and a friend. As we lounged by the pool I read the questions and they'd answer.

I load up the iPad with time consuming games more for the airports than the ship. I am willing to tolerate a few ads, so have free games and some are very strategic and fun. Ships have so much stuff and you can go get cards if you wish.

Oooh. Games are a good idea. I'm going with my best friend who lives in another state. We don't even go to a coffee shop without bringing a card game called Split with us. She always puts it in her purse when I come to town. I imagine she will be bringing that.

I think this will be a great time to break in my travel Settlers of Catan game.

On our most recent cruise, I saw several groups of people playing Cards Against Humanity. I googled it when I got home, and it sounds like fun...rather politically incorrect, but fun!

I have also recently heard of a dice game called Left-Right-Centre that I'm going to find and buy. Looks fun.

Cards Against Humanity is the funniest game. We played with friends. VERY politically incorrect, but very funny. I laughed so hard, I cried. :) LRC is also a fun game, and easily packable.

We always take a few decks of cards with us. Sometimes you can get them from the pursers desk, but that depends on the cruise line.

• 2 weeks later...
Those of you who just take a standard deck of cards... What are your favorite games to play? There will be 4 of us on my cruise, all adults.

Our favorite card game for a group is Pass The Ace. So simple, even children can play it.