Clothing Optional Cruise

richard1s

Sitting around on deck or in the pool sans clothing, I get it - but walking around inside the ship? What can possibly be the point of this and what satisfaction can anyone possibly derive? Towel or no towel, to me it is a hygiene issue and I would not want to be on the cruise the following week, or for that matter, for quite a while afterwards.

So...someone sitting on a dry towel on a deck chair = 'hygiene issue', same person sitting on the deck chair in a wet bathing suit = 'no hygiene issue'? There is no hygiene issue with a nude cruise. If there were, the cruise lines wouldn't allow them.

What is the point of it? We enjoy going about our lives without being encumbered by clothing. I don't get the "point" of knitting or bridge or cigars or Nascar, but millions of people love those things, so more power to them.

So...someone sitting on a dry towel on a deck chair = 'hygiene issue', same person sitting on the deck chair in a wet bathing suit = 'no hygiene issue'? There is no hygiene issue with a nude cruise. If there were, the cruise lines wouldn't allow them.

Kindly read my entire post - it's only a few sentences. I am not concerned nor am I talking about a towel on a deckchair.

Kindly read my entire post - it's only a few sentences. I am not concerned nor am I talking about a towel on a deckchair.

I did read the post - you stated 'to me, it is a hygiene issue' - so can you explain, please, what 'hygiene issue' you believe exists - and not only exists, but is so horrible that you wouldn't want to be on the ship for some period of time after the nude cruise has concluded?

What is the point of it? We enjoy going about our lives without being encumbered by clothing. I don't get the "point" of knitting or bridge or cigars or Nascar, but millions of people love those things, so more power to them.

And it's a good way to avoid formal nights..

so can you explain, please, what 'hygiene issue' you believe exists

To me, people walking around the Lido naked, serving themselves food with their little towel in hand seems very unpleasant.

And as I have said before, parading around naked in front of a crew of men and women from conservative, modest societies disrespects their culture and values. This is still their workplace – and I think Holland America should reconsider this policy, if they haven’t already after reading some of the comments on this thread.

To me, people walking around the Lido naked, serving themselves food with their little towel in hand seems very unpleasant.

And as I have said before, parading around naked in front of a crew of men and women from conservative, modest societies disrespects their culture and values. This is still their workplace – and I think Holland America should reconsider this policy, if they haven’t already after reading some of the comments on this thread.

I would assume that you would also want RSVP to stop doing gay charters then.

Funny enough, even female beverage waiters on HAL have had no issue serving drinks on the clothing optional deck. Maybe they don't have as much as an issue with nudity as you do. ;)

HAL should avoid nudist, but it would be OK for lowly Carnival to host them right!

Jimdalva, Boytjie.

I think you are wasting your time. Logic and facts have no place in the eyes of those who's mouths are always open, spouting their self righteous opinions, but minds remain closed to the opinions of others.

If you get a chance consult the Old Testament Book of Proverbs, Chapter 26 Vs 4-14 and you will see this is an issue that is timeless.

Considering that multiple cruise lines continue to allow for these bookings, I would assume that all of your concerns over staff and hygiene have already been studied and addressed.

Naturism isn't exactly something new, although the wikipedia page that can describe it for you is.

And no, I've never been on a nude cruise or resort before.

Logic and facts have no place in the eyes of those who's mouths are always open, spouting their self righteous opinions, but minds remain closed to the opinions of others

Kindly give me a break. Just because I think it's absurd walking around a cruise ship in your pelt with a silly little towel to park your behind on does not make me self-righteous. In the end (pardon my pun), please stop justifying yourself, no one really cares.

If you subscribe to an alternate life style, you should also be tolerant of people who may not accept it - otherwise you're just another type of hypocrite.

Well, I usually carry mine around my neck or wrap it around my waist (like I do my pareo) because I need 2 hands to carry my food. It's not unpleasant at all. No more unpleasant than some parent juggling a kid in a questionable diaper in the lido.

And parading around in front of those people in speedos or string bikinis or even regular bikinis or drinking /at all/, let alone in public or making them serve alcohol and bacon and hamburgers and shellfish is potentially disrespecting some of their cultures and values, too, so....what does that mean?

BTW - the crew on these charters is given the option to remove themselves from the ship for that particular cruise, if they are offended.

Still has nothing to do with this horrible hygiene issue to which you alluded.

HAL should avoid nudist, but it would be OK for lowly Carnival to host them right!

Nude cruises on the meat packer cruise lines is no problem for me, that's where they belong: meat on meatpacker lines, sound good to me, but a classy line like Hal doesn't need them.

Naturism isn't exactly something new, although the wikipedia page that can describe it for you is.

Thank you for the profound and provocative lesson. I'll pass on using using "Wikipedia" to study the history of man, culture, anthropology or whatever else you are trying to say.

Thank you for the profound and provocative lesson. I'll pass on using using "Wikipedia" to study the history of man, culture, anthropology or whatever else you are trying to say.

Wikipedia rocks! I just updated that post with some of your quotes.