Clothing Optional Cruise

richard1s

and............ I'm wondering what they call "formal" "smart casual," and "casual" !! and how would one tell the difference???

For Formal Nights, men must wear a tie. The ladies, a corsage.

Edited by kjw869

Yes we must dress for diner in the MDR but not the Lido.

Yes we went nude on Half Moon Cay. A wonderful Day.

Yes could be nude in all bars and show lounges EXCEPT at the meet the captain show.

HOWEVER, 80% of us do dress in the evening just as on any cruise.

Now a word about sitting on towels. Towels are like seat belts, you wear them in case there is an accident. Now barring an accident (and I haven't had one since I was 6) my butt cheeks (the only part of me that comes in contact with the chair) are cleaner than my hands which touch everything, and are known to spread disease( I mean all hands not just mine). But perception is everything, so we sit on a towel!

You know, after the time had passed for the ability to edit I was going back through this thread and re-read my post. Then I realized, "OMG that sounds like a set up for a joke "A Priest, a Minister and Rabbi walk into a nudist colony....."

I am glad someone else picked up on it and carried it through. There are some funny people on here! I just wish I could claim I intentionally put the straight line out there!

Sere they nude for the trip to Half Moon Cay?

We were on the Noordam recently and shared HMC with the NA that day. I didn't realize it was a nude charter...everyone we saw was fully clothed. However, we didn't go to the beach but just walked around the port and had the barbeque.

Perhaps on the beach?

We were on the Noordam recently and shared HMC with the NA that day. I didn't realize it was a nude charter...everyone we saw was fully clothed. However, we didn't go to the beach but just walked around the port and had the barbeque.

Perhaps on the beach?

During our nude stay on Half Moon Cay , Feb 10th , we were the ONLY ship there!

During our nude stay on Half Moon Cay , Feb 10th , we were the ONLY ship there!

Oops! I thought it was on February 8. That's when we were there with the NA. They were headed back to FLL. So you must have been on the following NA cruise. We were on Maasdam the cruise before and were in HMC with Noordam that time...on February 6.

Edited by innlady1

We did the B2B with the second cruise bring the nude one. So we were also at Half Moon Cay on the 8th although we are nudist we did wear our suits to the beach. It was much better on the 10th went we wore our birthday suits.

Back to Port Everglades while waiting in one on the lounges that over looked the pier (this being the first cruise) talked to three ladies that were looking at the people on the pier. They were trying to spot the nudist that would board for our second week. They had never seen a nudist and wasn't sure what one looked like. So we waved our hands and said here we are. For one week we were sailing with them and they never spotted us.

Really? Just like a bunch of little kids.

Did they expect nudists to have two heads, or perhaps pointy ears?

Would they be on the lookout to rubberneck people who might have been on a gospel music cruise?

I am not a nudist but I really do not know what the big fuss is all about or why people seem so interested in this.

Life would be so very boring if we all did the same, had the same values, faith, whatever. Differences are what makes the world go round.

Would they be on the lookout to rubberneck people who might have been on a gospel music cruise?

I am not a nudist but I really do not know what the big fuss is all about or why people seem so interested in this.

Life would be so very boring if we all did the same, had the same values, faith, whatever. Differences are what makes the world go round.

Oh, I think some people are so judgmental of folks who are different from them or believe differently than they do that they assume they aren't 'normal', whatever that is, and think they will look freaky. We sat at a table for 8 one time where everyone was completely and totally different- age, background, lifestyle, absolutely everything. We had absolutely nothing in common and it was the best and most fun table we ever sat at. One couple was elderly and they were appalled that another couple was gay. They literally refused to look at or speak to them the whole week. So the other 6 of us ignored the 2 of them and had a blast.

Oh' date=' I think some people are so judgmental of folks who are different from them or believe differently than they do that they assume they aren't 'normal', whatever that is, and think they will look freaky. We sat at a table for 8 one time where everyone was completely and totally different- age, background, lifestyle, absolutely everything. We had absolutely nothing in common and it was the best and most fun table we ever sat at. One couple was elderly and they were appalled that another couple was gay. They literally refused to look at or speak to them the whole week. So the other 6 of us ignored the 2 of them and had a blast.[/quote']

Awesome! :)

Oh' date=' I think some people are so judgmental of folks who are different from them or believe differently than they do that they assume they aren't 'normal', whatever that is, and think they will look freaky. We sat at a table for 8 one time where everyone was completely and totally different- age, background, lifestyle, absolutely everything. We had absolutely nothing in common and it was the best and most fun table we ever sat at. One couple was elderly and they were appalled that another couple was gay. They literally refused to look at or speak to them the whole week. So the other 6 of us ignored the 2 of them and had a blast.[/quote']

LOL - so, you judged an "elderly couple" who you assumed to be ignoring the gay couple and - froze them out and ostracized them? How very open, respectful and considerate of you.

*LOL* You know that about everyone being different , and I know that ........but don't tell "THEM" that :)

LOL - so, you judged an "elderly couple" who you assumed to be ignoring the gay couple and - froze them out and ostracized them? How very open, respectful and considerate of you.

Assumed they were ignoring the gay couple??? We sat with them for 7 nights, you did not. We 'assumed' nothing. We witnessed rude and boorish behavior to some very nice and congenial men because of their sexual orientation. When the gay couple would cordially say 'good evening' to them and 'how was your day' they would turn their heads and look the other way. When any of the 6 of us would be speaking to the 2 gay gentlemen this couple would interrupt as if these 2 men didn't exist. After the first few nights of trying to warm them up and include them in the general conversation which included the 2 men we no longer tried to be friends with 2 obnoxious bigots. And you would have done what?

Assumed they were ignoring the gay couple??? We sat with them for 7 nights, you did not. We 'assumed' nothing. We witnessed rude and boorish behavior to some very nice and congenial men because of their sexual orientation. When the gay couple would cordially say 'good evening' to them and 'how was your day' they would turn their heads and look the other way. When any of the 6 of us would be speaking to the 2 gay gentlemen this couple would interrupt as if these 2 men didn't exist. After the first few nights of trying to warm them up and include them in the general conversation which included the 2 men we no longer tried to be friends with 2 obnoxious bigots. And you would have done what?

Sorry - but you are making assumptions, however you rationalize it. Correct - I wasn't there so how could I know for sure? But we have sat with many, many people who were painfully uncomfortable with other people at the table, strangers and whatever else was going through their mind. We didn't try to understand the reason or psychoanalyze them, we simply moved. We never made a conscious effort to punish anyone by ignoring them - it never entered our minds. And I would never think that that is something to comment about afterwards.

Yes we must dress for diner in the MDR but not the Lido.

Yes we went nude on Half Moon Cay. A wonderful Day.

Yes could be nude in all bars and show lounges EXCEPT at the meet the captain show.

HOWEVER, 80% of us do dress in the evening just as on any cruise.

Now a word about sitting on towels. Towels are like seat belts, you wear them in case there is an accident. Now barring an accident (and I haven't had one since I was 6) my butt cheeks (the only part of me that comes in contact with the chair) are cleaner than my hands which touch everything, and are known to spread disease( I mean all hands not just mine). But perception is everything, so we sit on a towel!

I hope it did not rain at HMC.

I would just like to point out that I know for a fact there are numerous Roman Catholic Priests, Protestant Pastors and Jewish Rabbis who are also nudists. Faith and being in the natural state that God put us on the Earth in, are not mutually exclusive.

"Judge not, Lest YE be judged" I think someone who is revered by some folks said that.

I find this interesting! In all of my years as a priest I have never come across a pries who claimed to be a nudist. I am not saying you are wrong but I have not come across any who are nudists. By the way I do know a lot of priests.

Sorry - but you are making assumptions, however you rationalize it. Correct - I wasn't there so how could I know for sure? But we have sat with many, many people who were painfully uncomfortable with other people at the table, strangers and whatever else was going through their mind. We didn't try to understand the reason or psychoanalyze them, we simply moved. We never made a conscious effort to punish anyone by ignoring them - it never entered our minds. And I would never think that that is something to comment about afterwards.

One can reasonably argue that by moving to another table, that you partook in the same similar behaviour that you judge so unappealing. The OP didn't punish anyone - that is how you judged her response. I view it as the OP not allowing anyone at the table to disrupt their wonderful cruise and making the best of the situation and even trying to include those whose behaviour was clearly rude into the festivities. That is not what you did. You chose to completely cut off and disengage yourself from the people that you encountered, as if the very nature of the behaviour was just too much for you to endure. It's ironic that you don't see this behaviour as also being very punitive in nature, and further, criticize someone else for commenting about it when you clearly just did the same thing.

I find this interesting! In all of my years as a priest I have never come across a pries who claimed to be a nudist. I am not saying you are wrong but I have not come across any who are nudists. By the way I do know a lot of priests.
Have you informed every priest you've met that you are not a nudist? Why would they inform people they meet that they are? Just something to think about. ;)

One can reasonably argue that by moving to another table, that you partook in the same similar behaviour that you judge so unappealing. The OP didn't punish anyone - that is how you judged her response. I view it as the OP not allowing anyone at the table to disrupt their wonderful cruise and making the best of the situation and even trying to include those whose behaviour was clearly rude into the festivities. That is not what you did. You chose to completely cut off and disengage yourself from the people that you encountered, as if the very nature of the behaviour was just too much for you to endure. It's ironic that you don't see this behaviour as also being very punitive in nature, and further, criticize someone else for commenting about it when you clearly just did the same thing.

If we do not enjoy our tablemates for whatever reason, we simply sit somewhere else the following evening. There is nothing rude or judgmental about that; it's just our decision that we are entitled to make. Nothing offensive there as far as I can see.

For example, if the comments on your post were indicative of your evening conversation at a dinner table - and we were seated with you, we probably would be sitting somewhere else the following evening.

Have you informed every priest you've met that you are not a nudist? Why would they inform people they meet that they are? Just something to think about. ;)

I will say this: The priests who know me would know that I am not a nudist. I wouldn't want any pointing out my short comings!