Clothing Optional Cruise

richard1s

You said it better than I did Ruth & I'm hoping Father will not see this post..

But maybe he will laugh about it..

My apologies to the Father.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by antsnanny

Antsnanny.. You are quoting the wrong person.. Himself is NOT a nudist-he is a Priest & you are being very insulting! Suggest you ask the hosts to remove your post..

Thank you for pointing out that I quoted the wrong post by MISTAKE, no insult intended to Father! Please don't accuse me of that when I nearly made a mistake! Or perhaps your perfect.

You said it better than I did Ruth & I'm hoping Father will not see this post..

But maybe he will laugh about it..

Being an Irish Catholic myself, I have aunts who are nuns, they have that Irish sense of humor, well most of the time.. I do hope that if or when Himself reads my post that he will understand that I made a mistake in quoting the wrong person. I know a man of God is forgiving and realizes we all make mistakes. Thank you for pointing this out to me and not judging me as some other posters have. In the future I will be very careful when quoting, thats for sure. I personally apologize to Himself for my mistake.

Being an Irish Catholic myself, I have aunts who are nuns, they have that Irish sense of humor, well most of the time.. I do hope that if or when Himself reads my post that he will understand that I made a mistake in quoting the wrong person. I know a man of God is forgiving and realizes we all make mistakes. Thank you for pointing this out to me and not judging me as some other posters have. In the future I will be very careful when quoting, thats for sure. I personally apologize to Himself for my mistake.

You made a mistake, you apologized several times, you are not the one who was rude. I agree, a man of God is forgiving, as I believe Himself is. Too bad others are not. :) We all make mistakes now and then.

You made a mistake, you apologized several times, you are not the one who was rude. I agree, a man of God is forgiving, as I believe Himself is. Too bad others are not. :) We all make mistakes now and then.

Thank you Cruising-along, I appreciate people like you!

Antsnanny please forgive me for coming on so strong.. I was shocked by your post & should have known that Father would probably find it quite amuzing.. He is a lovely Retired Priest who we met & had tea with one day.. Cheers..

I would just like to point out that I know for a fact there are numerous Roman Catholic Priests, Protestant Pastors and Jewish Rabbis who are also nudists. Faith and being in the natural state that God put us on the Earth in, are not mutually exclusive.

"Judge not, Lest YE be judged" I think someone who is revered by some folks said that.

I would just like to point out that I know for a fact there are numerous Roman Catholic Priests, Protestant Pastors and Jewish Rabbis who are also nudists. Faith and being in the natural state that God put us on the Earth in, are not mutually exclusive.

"Judge not, Lest YE be judged" I think someone who is revered by some folks said that.

Well said

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What I'm saying is that if the cruiseline tells someone what a group consists of they would be liable. People can be as discriminatory as they want...companies cannot.

No, they wouldn't be liable.

If they or the travel agents tell a potential passenger that there is a group booked, the group is named X, and consists of Y members, that will be on board the cruise, that is not discrimination. It is simply objective information. If the group's presence is not going to be restricting access to public areas so that other passengers who've paid full price are not getting what they paid for, then their presence doesn't need to be disclosed. BUT if their presence is going to stop other passengers from using some of the public amenities that they paid for, they should be told about the group.

OR the cruiselines/TAs could simply tell potential passengers that a group is going to be on board and that sometimes they will be using the pools, dining room, public rooms, etc., so that other passengers will not be able to use them. If the group's name is not disclosed, but merely its presence is, then potential passengers could decide based on that fact, and not on what kind of group it is.

In any case it is blatantly unfair to non-group passengers for them not to be told about the presence of a group that might be using facilities to the exclusion of the other passengers. Unless the cruiseline reduces the price to reflect the loss of use. But we all know that won't happen.

Edited by BeagleOne

No, they wouldn't. If they or the travel agents tell a potential passenger that there is a group booked, the group is named X, and consists of Y members, that will be on board the cruise, that is not discrimination. It is simply objective information.

I agree with you that it wouldn't be libelous or discriminatory for the cruise line to reveal this information. However, it would likely make it harder to sell cabins to individual cruisers, so there is no way they are going to give up this information!

Antsnanny.. You are quoting the wrong person.. Himself is NOT a nudist-he is a Priest & you are being very insulting! Suggest you ask the hosts to remove your post..

I was not on the cruise and I am sure that those who chartered the cruise chartered long enough so that no priest was assigned as Chaplain.

You are more than forgiven. You were probably responding to the same person that I was responding to. I remember years ago when streaking was in, some guy waked across the stage at the Oscars and the host accused the speaker of "showing the world his short comings"

Very well said!

That's not what was told to us! According to the Crew on the Ship they did not dress for Dinner, Shows and Lounges. Actually, the only time it was required they wear clothes on the Ship was when they were docked in a Port. The Crew & Staff told us they went all over the Ship and, yes, to dinner without a stitch on!

There maybe some regular cruisers that like to sit naked on their balcony but that would be the exception and not the norm especially when the balcony glass is reflective and you can actually see on your neighbor's balcony. Also, if someone is standing at the rail, they could easily look over onto their neighbor's.

I sincerely hope they were provided with towels to cover the chairs!

Sere they nude for the trip to Half Moon Cay?

Think maybe you hit the wrong quote, antsnanny? :confused:

I'm pretty sure Himself wasn't on this cruise, and considering what he's retired from, I would be very surprised if he ever was. :p

Time to break out that Irish sense of humor, Father.

I would be surprised myself. My question is: Where do those in the nude carry the handkerchief? Sometimes one sneezes or has a need to blow a nose!

I totally agree - we ended up on a cruise with several hundred persons who belonged to a very liberal political group. They took over one of the lounges as their own, paraded through the ship with political signs, wore buttons, were very loud & sang their "rally" songs at the top of their lungs. We complaigned to the passenger service desk, but nothing much was done. I think the management quashed their parades & signs, we didn't see them after the first 2 days. But it was uncomfortable for those passengers who were not with them. We would have definitely tried to change to a different cruise had we known. I'm sure this is why the cruise lines will not inform passengers ahead of time. I used to have a website where you could look this up. Does anyone know about this????

I was on The Nieuw Amsterdam with the National Review cruise and I found them to be a vey nice group of people

Most have read the report of the horrible, unforgiveable assault that occurred on the Nieuw Amsterdam; I am sure that we all hope that justice is swift for the perpetrator & the person is punished accordingly.

On a completely separate topic, I am surprised that there is such a thing as a "clothing optional" cruise; I have never heard of this before, ever. I (hopefully) believe that there is an isolated area of the ship for sun bathing "sans clothing"; I can't imagine anything beyond that. Sometimes I have to work my courage up just to walk through the pool area on a normal cruise. I don't need more.

I also find it interesting that these themes are sometimes not disclosed at the time of booking. Our recent NA cruise was a "gay and lesbian" cruise. First, control the impulse to chastise me, neither my wife nor I have any problem with this issue - at all; in fact, I didn't even realize it until mid-week and when someone told me. Duh.

Maybe if there is a "theme" to the cruise, the timing of disclosing the decision is a factor or perhaps it is just policy; but I would appreciate knowing if it is "official" when I book the trip.

I have heard some horror stories about theme cruises - and often it is the "Insurance Actuary Theme Cruise" or the like that engenders the most collective outrageous behavior. But I think most of us book assuming that the new population of the cruise city are all anonymous strangers who want to get away for some peace and quiet on our own terms and in private.

I didn't think clothing was an option on a nude cruise.

Edited by Himself

You are more than forgiven. You were probably responding to the same person that I was responding to. I remember years ago when streaking was in, some guy waked across the stage at the Oscars and the host accused the speaker of "showing the world his short comings"

That's exactly what I did. Your not only understanding, your hysterical… You made my day!

Very well said!

That's not what was told to us! According to the Crew on the Ship they did not dress for Dinner, Shows and Lounges. Actually, the only time it was required they wear clothes on the Ship was when they were docked in a Port. The Crew & Staff told us they went all over the Ship and, yes, to dinner without a stitch on!

There maybe some regular cruisers that like to sit naked on their balcony but that would be the exception and not the norm especially when the balcony glass is reflective and you can actually see on your neighbor's balcony. Also, if someone is standing at the rail, they could easily look over onto their neighbor's.

I sincerely hope they were provided with towels to cover the chairs!

I think if one is subject to skin cancer, one would not go out on the balcony in this state of being.

OR the cruiselines/TAs could simply tell potential passengers that a group is going to be on board and that sometimes they will be using the pools, dining room, public rooms, etc., so that other passengers will not be able to use them. If the group's name is not disclosed, but merely its presence is, then potential passengers could decide based on that fact, and not on what kind of group it is.

I've said this before. It is fine if they say there is a group, but not if they say the composition of the group.

Of the three, at least you would be able to spot the rabbi.