First Review: Victory Feb. 3-8 family of 5!!

beckyk329

Enjoying your review very much, I really miss cruising with my kids, but they went and grew up :( If you ever go back to GT, when you get to the welcome sign, turn right and go along the rocks. This is called the conch graveyard, you can find a million conch shells.

I would share one of the million pictures i took there...... but the last day i accidentally forgot my camera in the cabin and even though my name and adress was on a picture on the memory card I never did get it back :( We did the Victory B2B last year, so i told hubby we would have to do this leg over again.

Just booked yesterday :D , taking a cruise virgin with me though :p poor hubby has to stay home and work.

Sorry to take over you thread. But be sure if you go back to take the kids to the conch graveyard!!!!

Enjoying your review very much, I really miss cruising with my kids, but they went and grew up :( If you ever go back to GT, when you get to the welcome sign, turn right and go along the rocks. This is called the conch graveyard, you can find a million conch shells.

I would share one of the million pictures i took there...... but the last day i accidentally forgot my camera in the cabin and even though my name and adress was on a picture on the memory card I never did get it back :( We did the Victory B2B last year, so i told hubby we would have to do this leg over again.

Just booked yesterday :D , taking a cruise virgin with me though :p poor hubby has to stay home and work.

Sorry to take over you thread. But be sure if you go back to take the kids to the conch graveyard!!!!

Thanks for the tip! We're going to Cozumel/Progresso end of the month for our anniversary trip, we didn't really care where the heck it was going!:rolleyes: But aside from this trip, I think I will ALWAYS try to book itineraries that go to HMC or Grand Turk, absolutely loved it! So we will definitely check it out asap!!!

On a side note about conch, I hated seeing people walking out of the water with live ones, and try to show my kids like it was so awesome. I'm sorry but I have a real problem with people killing something for a souviner, if you can't find an empty one, too bad!:mad:

Thank you for a wonderful review. I don't usually read reviews about ships I probably will never be on, but I just loved yours! I just finished my review about the Elation, and I felt the same about the crew as you did on your cruise. My steward said he didn't like where I want the "king" bed to be placed so he set up the bed where my DH had to crawl in over the corner to get to the bed. REally??? And on my last Fascination cruise(which also went to LSC,) none of our towel animals had eyes. The entire port side rooms had blind towel animals.:eek:

Thanks for the tip! We're going to Cozumel/Progresso end of the month for our anniversary trip, we didn't really care where the heck it was going!:rolleyes: But aside from this trip, I think I will ALWAYS try to book itineraries that go to HMC or Grand Turk, absolutely loved it! So we will definitely check it out asap!!!

On a side note about conch, I hated seeing people walking out of the water with live ones, and try to show my kids like it was so awesome. I'm sorry but I have a real problem with people killing something for a souviner, if you can't find an empty one, too bad!:mad:

These conch are the ones that have gone up on shore, nobody lives in them :D 100_7432.jpg

Thank you for a wonderful review. I don't usually read reviews about ships I probably will never be on, but I just loved yours! I just finished my review about the Elation, and I felt the same about the crew as you did on your cruise. My steward said he didn't like where I want the "king" bed to be placed so he set up the bed where my DH had to crawl in over the corner to get to the bed. REally??? And on my last Fascination cruise(which also went to LSC,) none of our towel animals had eyes. The entire port side rooms had blind towel animals.:eek:

Thanks for taking the time to read it, and I'm happy you liked:)

Could you post a link to your Elation review? We're on her end of this month and you just made me nervous... :confused::eek::rolleyes:

Well those folks have a smelly time ahead of them! Conch shells take FOREVER to get rid of the smell! My niece hit one in Freeport from a conch fisherman who had already removed most of the meat. We were told to boil the shell for an extended period of time but even after that, and leaving the shell to dry on the balcony of our hotel for 10 days, it still smelled so bad that it ruined most of her clothes in her suitcase on the way home... And THAT was through two ziplock bags!

Lesson learned- take only the dried out ones from the beach!:rolleyes:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2001036

I saw that you had started reading the story line, not sure if you finished as I kept adding things that I remembered.

I did copy some of your pictures to my email just so that I could look at GC. and the one of your little girl curled up in bed, should be used for a card or poster, just loved it!

A quick stop in the arcade before we go get ready for formal night!

P2040112_zpsb7246c03.jpg

Like you, I have read these boards for quite some time and never written a review. That is going to change after our Dream Cruise!

The main reason I am commenting is that I have just started reading and I am thoroughly enjoying myself, but this picture made me LOL.:D. Your little one looks so happy!

I can't wait to read more, you are doing a great job and as a mom who is taking her three kids I'm interested very much in your experiences. Granted, ours are 18, 16 and 9. The 9yr old can't wait for Camp Carnival!

Fun review~!

And, we too always put our entire family (of 4) in one cabin. Everyone says "Really--aren't you stepping on each other? How can you stand it?"

I just shrug and say "We're very organized and have always traveled this way."

CeleBrat

Like you, I have read these boards for quite some time and never written a review. That is going to change after our Dream Cruise!

The main reason I am commenting is that I have just started reading and I am thoroughly enjoying myself, but this picture made me LOL.:D. Your little one looks so happy!

I can't wait to read more, you are doing a great job and as a mom who is taking her three kids I'm interested very much in your experiences. Granted, ours are 18, 16 and 9. The 9yr old can't wait for Camp Carnival!

Thank you, and have a great trip!

Fun review~!

And, we too always put our entire family (of 4) in one cabin. Everyone says "Really--aren't you stepping on each other? How can you stand it?"

I just shrug and say "We're very organized and have always traveled this way."

CeleBrat

Thanks! I understand exactly. I always kind of chuckle when I see the posts saying they could never do it, and I know I couldn't imagine not:rolleyes::)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2001036

I saw that you had started reading the story line, not sure if you finished as I kept adding things that I remembered.

I did copy some of your pictures to my email just so that I could look at GC. and the one of your little girl curled up in bed, should be used for a card or poster, just loved it!

Thanks, I'll check it out! She's a cutie, huh?;)

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your vacation. We are planning to sail March 2015. You have a great family! We have always told people a cruise vacation is what you make of it. Go into it knowing you're going to have a great time, and you will. Thanks again for sharing!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your vacation. We are planning to sail March 2015. You have a great family! We have always told people a cruise vacation is what you make of it. Go into it knowing you're going to have a great time, and you will. Thanks again for sharing!

Thanks for reading! And I agree 100%:D

I enjoyed your review very much! Thanks for sharing! My Mom & I were on this same cruise & I totally recognize you guys. :) Kids are super cute, great family. We too went to Jack's Shack. :)

Oh & our towel animals were basically exactly like yours. :cool:

I enjoyed your review very much! Thanks for sharing! My Mom & I were on this same cruise & I totally recognize you guys. :) Kids are super cute, great family. We too went to Jack's Shack. :)

Oh & our towel animals were basically exactly like yours. :cool:

Thank you!:) I hope it's not a bad thing that you recognized us:o:eek: But thanks... did you have Lorenzo too?? lol

Our cruise went to Grand Turk last summer & we found that it was very difficult to go in the water because the bottom was so rocky. Other people were complaining about the same thing. One guy came out & had cut his foot. My DH walked further down the beach to see if it was better, but it wasn't...still very rocky in the water. He didn't walk down as far as Jack's Shack thoough. How was the water or I should say, how was the sand in the water? Was it rocky at all?

We're going back to Grand Turk in June & would love to be able to go in the water other than at Margaritaville.

Really enjoying your review, btw!

Dina

Sand down by jacks is way better. Knew from tips I read here to not hang out near pier like everyone else. Sand was nice. Some rocky and whatnot areas but on whole. Was great by Jacks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

My family of five will be sharing a cabin on the Victory next month. We've shared a cabin before but the room will be smaller this time, so I'm really going to need to be organized. Fortunately, my oldest is a boy and will probably pack one pair of pants and one polo shirt for the mdr. :) Plus, we camp in a smaller tent, so I think we'll survive.

I enjoyed the review. You did a great job. Photos with happy people are much more interesting. We plan to hunt for all the awesomely tacky sea creatures, but I am hoping that we aren't seated too close to a topless mermaid in the mdr with our preteen boy. :eek:

Did you say there was Harry Potter trivia? We were in port and missed that on our last cruise.

I sat in on it in Dec on my cruise. Omg mega hard. Im not a huge HP fan but saw movies. Most people were all going wth? With the questions. Was quite funny. But Lee was hysterical. I got the giggles a few times.

Oh Becky...it was such a sweet review and like others have said..you have a delightful family...I loved learning more about those beaches and ports and ability to get a little further from the crowds w/o renting an expensive cabana...

My favorite sis (can't help it..love them all equally) had 2 girls 9 years apart...22 and 14 now...they are incredibly close...your family has such a great time all different ages and they will always have each other...may you have many many more healthy happy years making great memories.

Could you find shade at the further away places on both beaches? or I should say both beach ports?

Signed..a too fair skinned gal....:) Sarah

Edited by sjn911

I sat in on it in Dec on my cruise. Omg mega hard. Im not a huge HP fan but saw movies. Most people were all going wth? With the questions. Was quite funny. But Lee was hysterical. I got the giggles a few times.

I have a 9-yr-old DD who has read all the books at least twice. (She's read her favorites three times.) If the questions are based on the books, rather than the movies, she'll destroy everyone. But having heard the obscure questions they ask in other trivia challenges, maybe even she'll have no clue.

Edited by KatieCharlotte