Email to A Goldstein RE: 2 guests in triple/quad cabins

Donut23

That's not a gripe but a good thing!

So right

Its really sad, CC posters whine all the time about rci not making people dress, or not enforcing chair saving, pool rules, etc. and now it seems as though they are going to require a certain # for a cabin these same people swing 360 and whine because they are enforcing something:rolleyes::p

Edited by setsail

So right

Its really sad, CC posters whine all the time about rci not making people dress, or not enforcing chair saving, pool rules, etc. and now it seems as though they are going to require a certain # for a cabin these same people swing 360 and whine because they are enforcing something:rolleyes::p

Why doesn't CC have a clapping hands icon?!

That's not a gripe but a good thing!

I know. I agree with you. Everyone is at a different point in their cruise booking lifetime. Right now, I am at one of the trickiest. We are a family of five where the kids are too young to have a completely separate cabin. So, for the next few years we are looking for the few and far between family cabins or connecting cabins. It won't always be this way, since eventually they will be old enough to be across the hall or a couple of doors down, but for now I even get frustrated when I see only one of two connecting rooms booked.

I think, why book THAT cabin when so many others are available. I'm not niave enough to think they don't know what they are doing and I read these boards enough to know that some do it in hopes of being bumped to a better cabin, but I think there should be a restriction on those, too - book both or book neither for a good period of time.

I guess no matter what anyone thinks or says, if this policy is true, Royal will not let you book it during certain times. It does not matter what you want.

So if you try to book a triple or quad for 2 and it doesn't go through, then you will have to get a cabin for 2.

Ultimately it is up to Royal and not us...

Interestingly, the opinions here are mostly at one end or the other. Either they should NEVER let couples book those cabins, or they ALWAYS should. So I guess RCI is actually being pretty smart with their middle ground. Couples won't be able to book them far in advance when it's peak family/kids season, but will often be able to at other times. Pretty reasonable compromise, I'm thinking.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Interestingly, the opinions here are mostly at one end or the other. Either they should NEVER let couples book those cabins, or they ALWAYS should. So I guess RCI is actually being pretty smart with their middle ground. Couples won't be able to book them far in advance when it's peak family/kids season, but will often be able to at other times. Pretty reasonable compromise, I'm thinking.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

I agree. I have stated, I see both sides of this. I have been there with trying to get a D1 balcony with a sofa bed and having a hard time. I now travel with just my husband so I do not need to worry about it. I will take whatever. I am not one who "has to have a hump or aft cabin". I am just happy to be able to go on a cruise...

It is all up to them - not any of us...

At the end of the day, the industry is market driven.

I'm sure this decision, just like every other change RCCL has made, will be studied quite closely to see if it has a positive/negative impact on the bottom line, and the main goal, which is to fill staterooms.