International Pier Cozumel Question

TequilaToo

Quick ?? on International Pier in Cozumel...are there any shops right AT the pier, or do you HAVE to taxi into downtown to do any shopping at all? We're not really interested in going downtown, but might wander off the ship for an hour or so if there are shops right at the pier.

Quick ?? on International Pier in Cozumel...are there any shops right AT the pier, or do you HAVE to taxi into downtown to do any shopping at all? We're not really interested in going downtown, but might wander off the ship for an hour or so if there are shops right at the pier.

There are many shops right at the pier.

There is a shopping complex at the top of the pier. You have to pass through it to get to the street for cabs, etc.

BTW, if you did want to venture into town it is an inexpensive 5 minute cab ride from the pier to town. Very easy and safe. The town offers plenty of shopping, restaurants, and bars if you would be interested.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Ignore the Hard Rock sign across the street. There isn't one. It's actually further on Melgar toward downtown. If you get a shopping map like we did that says Margaritaville is outside the pier, ignore that too. It' actually just before the downtown pier.

There is a shopping complex at the top of the pier. You have to pass through it to get to the street for cabs, etc.

Should be adequate for what we want, just a few little souvenirs. Nothing major.

BTW, if you did want to venture into town it is an inexpensive 5 minute cab ride from the pier to town. Very easy and safe. The town offers plenty of shopping, restaurants, and bars if you would be interested.

We're feeling really low energy today, but did want to be able to say we at least set foot on Mexican soil and bring back some momentos.

Thanks for all the info!

Ignore the Hard Rock sign across the street. There isn't one. It's actually further on Melgar toward downtown. If you get a shopping map like we did that says Margaritaville is outside the pier, ignore that too. It' actually just before the downtown pier.

According to the Hard Rock website, there is currently no Hard Rock Cafe in Cozumel. The one in downtown having closed last summer and the one near the pier is not yet open (if it ever does).

And yes, I saw the "open" one in downtown back in December. I would not go in there because now it is technically an unlicensed Hard Rock Cafe location.

According to the Hard Rock website, there is currently no Hard Rock Cafe in Cozumel. The one in downtown having closed last summer and the one near the pier is not yet open (if it ever does).

And yes, I saw the "open" one in downtown back in December. I would not go in there because now it is technically an unlicensed Hard Rock Cafe location.

Good to know. We didn't stop in anyway. I almost missed it altogether as we drove by.

Sent from my Bat Phone

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...