From Cruise Credits to Club Points

Solon

When Celebrity moved us from cruise credits to the new club points regime, they converted our credits to points. 1) I can't work out the conversion algorithm and 2) Are the new points awarded per cabin or per passenger? I will discover the answer to the last question when we again sail with Celebrity, but would like to know ahead of time. Could not find any answers on the Celebrity website. Thanks to those in the know......for some answers...:)

If I understand the question right, you should have got 30 points for each one of the old points. We had 25 points before, now we have 750. The new points are per day, per person. There are multipliers based on the category cabin you book. You get a bigger multiplier for booking an oceanview over an inside and so on. I would think you should be able to find the exact story on celebritycruises.com. then go to Captain's Club.

When Celebrity moved us from cruise credits to the new club points regime, they converted our credits to points. 1) I can't work out the conversion algorithm and 2) Are the new points awarded per cabin or per passenger? I will discover the answer to the last question when we again sail with Celebrity, but would like to know ahead of time. Could not find any answers on the Celebrity website. Thanks to those in the know......for some answers...:)

If you go to the web site and the my Celebrity portion, they explain how the conversions were made for your particular account. They are as before in one respect, they are per person.

Thank you both for your replies. I did look at the captain's club portion of the website, but could not see the per person explanation. Now I can look forward to double the points when I take my wife. A good reason to take her :D

Thank you both for your replies. I did look at the captain's club portion of the website, but could not see the per person explanation. Now I can look forward to double the points when I take my wife. A good reason to take her :D

Perhaps I read this wrong and you mean something else. You do not get double points for two in a cabin or triple for three. Each person gets his own points which go into his account separately. If you are in AQ class on a 10 day cruise, for instance, you will get 5 x 10 = 50 points for the cruise. She will also get 50 points. But one person will not get 100 because there are two in the cabin.

Still a very good idea to take your wife along though!:D

Edited by YVR cruiser

Perhaps I read this wrong and you mean something else. You do not get double points for two in a cabin or triple for three. Each person gets his own points which go into his account separately. If you are in AQ class on a 10 day cruise, for instance, you will get 5 x 10 = 50 points for the cruise. She will also get 50 points. But one person will not get 100 because there are two in the cabin.

Still a very good idea to take your wife along though!:D

I read that the same way. The points explanation is under the Cruise History tab once you are in your My Celebrity account. There should also be an account for your wife under a separate number, if you do not have it you should create it.

I read that the same way. The points explanation is under the Cruise History tab once you are in your My Celebrity account. There should also be an account for your wife under a separate number, if you do not have it you should create it.

Again thanks for your responses....

Interestingly, we both have the same account number! Afraid that if I give my wife her own number, she might go off with another cruiser.

Interestingly, we both have the same account number! Afraid that if I give my wife her own number, she might go off with another cruiser.

She should have her own number for very practical reasons. I don't know what your status is but whatever perks you get, you would get double. For example if you are elite, there is a perk of internet minutes and some free or reduced price laundry. If you both have numbers and are the same status you would get a double set of coupons. By only having one number you are sort of hurting yourself.

Rodney Dangerfield would have given HIS wife her own account right away!!! :eek: :D :p

Edited by teecee60

My wife took a cruise with our son, I stayed at home. After she completed her cruise she got her points and I received the same number. I called Celebrity and they said there is a "relational" program where each spouse receive the same points even though one did not cruise.

Not sure when this started as we have always cruised together. Has it always been this way?

My wife took a cruise with our son, I stayed at home. After she completed her cruise she got her points and I received the same number. I called Celebrity and they said there is a "relational" program where each spouse receive the same points even though one did not cruise.

Not sure when this started as we have always cruised together. Has it always been this way?

Wow...these answers are getting better and better! In other words I can send my wife away on a cruise while I play golf and still get cruise points. How good is that! :D

This is news to me. I have taken 2 Alaskan 7 day cruises without my husband and he got no points from my trips maybe I'll have to call the Captain Club.

This is news to me. I have taken 2 Alaskan 7 day cruises without my husband and he got no points from my trips maybe I'll have to call the Captain Club.

We should all keep in mind that Celebrity's customer service very often is not very accurate and makes a lot of mistakes. Call four people, you may get four answers.

Just booked my first cruise with Celebrity. About 35 years ago (guessing) we took a cruise with Chandris Cruise Line and I think they got bought by Celebrity some time ago. We have also cruised with RCI and I wonder if I would get any kind of points in the Captain's Club with Celebrity from any of those cruises? (I spent about 25 minutes on hold the other day and finally just hung up so I don't want to call).

Wendy

Just booked my first cruise with Celebrity. About 35 years ago (guessing) we took a cruise with Chandris Cruise Line and I think they got bought by Celebrity some time ago. We have also cruised with RCI and I wonder if I would get any kind of points in the Captain's Club with Celebrity from any of those cruises? (I spent about 25 minutes on hold the other day and finally just hung up so I don't want to call).

Wendy

I guess if you have some way of documenting your Chandris cruise, you might get points, but I'd not hold my breathe on that one. As to RCI, No, RCI cruises don't build points on Celebrity. They are different Lines, even though they are owned by a common company. Princess cruises are not allotted to Carnival points for that club and so on.

Den

I cannot find this cruise history tab... Can someone document the actual mouse clicks needed to get there?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

I guess if you have some way of documenting your Chandris cruise, you might get points, but I'd not hold my breathe on that one. As to RCI, No, RCI cruises don't build points on Celebrity. They are different Lines, even though they are owned by a common company. Princess cruises are not allotted to Carnival points for that club and so on.

Den

You do get the corresponding class from RCI. (Ie Diamond on RCI is Elite on Celebrity)

Den

Denny:

I got CC points for a Chandris cruise but that was at least ten years ago.

You do get the corresponding class from RCI. (Ie Diamond on RCI is Elite on Celebrity)

Also Platinum or Emerald on RCI will equal Select on X, but that's it. Gold on RCI will not equal Classic on X; Diamond Plus will not equal Elite Plus; Pinnacle will not equal Zenith.

To summarize--

Platinum or Emerald on RCI equals Select on X

Diamond or better on RCI equals Elite on X

Select on X equals Platinum on RCI

Elite or better on X equals Diamond on RCI

And the points you earn for sailing one line will not affect your point total for the other line. And you have to register with the other line's loyalty program-- it's not automatic.

Edited by PartyAllDaTyme
added last line