Confused about luggage tags

AandBmom

I'm used to printing my own luggage tags at home and putting them on my bags for the cruise (Carnival). I went online today to try to print some for RCCL and there was some explanation about ordering luggage tags ahead of time but only for certain guests. We leave tomorrow. How do I get luggage tags? Sorry if this is a dumb question. Search function is down.

I'm used to printing my own luggage tags at home and putting them on my bags for the cruise (Carnival). I went online today to try to print some for RCCL and there was some explanation about ordering luggage tags ahead of time but only for certain guests. We leave tomorrow. How do I get luggage tags? Sorry if this is a dumb question. Search function is down.
You will have to get them at the port.

There should have been a print luggage tag button within your reservation. It is on the screen where you print your set sail pass. It is likely too late to print them since you are so close to your sailing date. You can get luggage tags at the pier.

There should have been a print luggage tag button within your reservation. It is on the screen where you print your set sail pass. It is likely too late to print them since you are so close to your sailing date. You can get luggage tags at the pier.

For my first cruise, I was able to print my tags the night before I sailed. :eek:

Guess I'd better print them out now so that I don't run into a problem, especially since I bought those snazzy little luggage tag holders on Amazon. :D

For my first cruise, I was able to print my tags the night before I sailed. :eek:

Guess I'd better print them out now so that I don't run into a problem, especially since I bought those snazzy little luggage tag holders on Amazon. :D

Interesting since you lose access to your reservation a couple of days before you sail.

Maybe I'm missing something or not, but when I received my documents last month or so in my 8 1/2 by 11 inch documents were my rules and regulations, etc., along with Color Labels relating to my dates and room number, I still had to pull the pages out and fold them accordingly and when I get to the port tomorrow I will give them to the porter to staple and/or tape them to our luggage. Is this abnormal to the current system of downloading, etc? PS we are flying in tomorrow so we don't want to put more ID's etc., on the luggage.

If you get to your online check-in still, you can print off additional luggage tags in the screenshot below:

Wl8PK8f.jpg

Edit: Hmm... apparently I'm bad at pictures here. Regardless, see if you can access your online check-in. There's a page that displays the guests in your booking, check marks next to the steps for each of them, and below all of that is a "Print Luggage Tags" button.

Edited by ryansmith18

Here's a similar picture to that which Ryan was trying to post.

SetSail-Pass---Luggage-Tags%7E0.jpg

Since the option to access the Set Sail pass seems to go away about 3 days before sailing, you may not have access to this button on this page either.

I think the problem is that I waited :( I was hoping to print them at work but then didn't get a chance and waited too long.

So how do I get them at Port? wouldn't I have given my luggage to a porter already?

You get them from the porter.:)

Edit to add: The porter has blank ones that you will have to put your name and cabin number on. Takes a few seconds, no big deal.

Edited by reallyitsmema

I think the problem is that I waited :( I was hoping to print them at work but then didn't get a chance and waited too long.

So how do I get them at Port? wouldn't I have given my luggage to a porter already?

The porters will make up luggage tags for you.