How long can you stay on the boat?

mamarulis

I'm trying to figure out our arrangements for the day we arrive back at Port Canaveral. If we were so inclined, how late could we wait before disembarking? Also, do I remember correctly that it takes some time to go through customs and such? TIA

I'm trying to figure out our arrangements for the day we arrive back at Port Canaveral. If we were so inclined, how late could we wait before disembarking? Also, do I remember correctly that it takes some time to go through customs and such? TIA

Typically they would like you to vacate your stateroom by about 8:00 AM and off the ship by about 9:30 AM.

How long it takes to go through customs varies by ship and port but typically that is done in 30 minutes or so - less in many cases. (and I'm sure there are examples of times that it has taken longer - just offering our experience).

Edited by leaveitallbehind

10 - 10:30AM. You don't need to line up like cattle at 7 AM unless you 're trying to make a flight.

This has been our experience as well.

Out of the cabin between 8 and 8:30, head for breakfast till just after 9 then we usually find a few comfy chairs somewhere (library is great) and wait until they call our luggage tag number (watch the monitors as you can't hear the announcements). We usually ask guest services for some of he later luggage tag numbers.

When you board don't call it a "boat", it is a insult to the Master. It is a "ship", not being critical just a point of information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was about to say the same thing boats are hanging on the side of this ship!

Somebody has to be last. Stay untill they call the last numbers. On our recent Allure, they were still calling at 10:30. If they wanted everyone off by 9:30 they would call numbers faster.

They also don't want to annoy and frustrate the customs agents by sending out too many people at once. Customs agents can .. inconvenience.. a cruise ship's schedule a lot.

As many have stated, you could probably linger about until about 9;30 10 but I'll tell you-I so agree with others that your vacation is over to them. It's all about the new bunch coming in and if you have a late flight-enjoy the port town or book an after cruise excursion. The vibe of the ship changes that last morning. It's about getting you off.

Edited by Debde

I have the opposite question. How early can you get off? It will be me and my DH. We plan to carry all of our bags off ourselves. We will be on deck 9. Hoping to have time to stop at downtown Disney before our flight at 2:45.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have the opposite question. How early can you get off? It will be me and my DH. We plan to carry all of our bags off ourselves. We will be on deck 9. Hoping to have time to stop at downtown Disney before our flight at 2:45.

As I recall you are assigned a time to get off. More frequent cruise customers get preference I believe. The time they told me we would dis-board was spot in.

We paid extra for a late disembarcation in Barcelona. I think we could stay in the cabin Till 9.30, there was a left luggage place for carry on bags, we had lunch in the windjammer and had to be off by 3.30 I think. It wasn't the most fun day as most things were shut and the crew were all setting up to sell drinks packages etc to the new guests but it was miles better than waiting at the airport.

Edited by Nettee

We paid extra for a late disembarcation in Barcelona. I think we could stay in the cabin Till 9.30, there was a left luggage place for carry on bags, we had lunch in the windjammer and had to be off by 3.30 I think. It wasn't the most fun day as most things were shut and the crew were all setting up to sell drinks packages etc to the new guests but it was miles better than waiting at the airport.

That option is available for some European sailings but I believe has never been offered on North American sailings.

Not knowing your transportation equipment, if you do self-assist disembarkation, you should have time. It's an hour, hour fifteen from the port to Downtown Disney, and about 30 minutes from Downtown Disney to the airport.