Is it cold during the skating show?

AandBmom

Yes!! You will not want to go to the ice show wearing shorts and a sleeveless top. I was quite chilly last week on Navigator wearing long pants and a light jacket. You won't need to take a winter coat with you though.

Edited by bethco

I wore shorts and a short sleeved shirt and was perfectly comfortable. I am a fairly warm person though.

Dan.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Dan-P

I was comfortable in a sweater. Are you use to warmer weather? If so, be prepared. Get tickets early. ;)

Nope, not used to warm weather, Canadian :)

I just couldn't figure out the logistics of people coming in from around the pool then going to a skating show. Sounds like it's warmer than an average arena but still cool in the stands. I plan to toss on a sweater.

I just couldn't figure out the logistics of people coming in from around the pool then going to a skating show. Sounds like it's warmer than an average arena but still cool in the stands. I plan to toss on a sweater.

Being from Canada as well the first time we went to the ice show we made the mistake of going back to the cabin and changing into long pants etc..

Not the ice rinks that we know. As you said just grab a sweater, you may or may not need it. I didn't my DW did.

From Minnesota here...never needed anything other then what we were already wearing. There is a lot less ice and a lot more people than a typical rink. But - some people get chilly in air conditioning at restaurants and such - then you might need a sweater.

Being from Canada, you'll be fine. From New England here and spend most of my life in rinks between hockey and figure skating. Warmer than a regular full sized rink. The ice shows are really amazing to watch considering the small size of the rink and the soft ice. Our last cruise my daughter got to meet the cast of the ice show and they were saying how it takes quite a few months to get used to the rink and ice conditions. My daughter had a hard time doing figure skating jumps and spins that are typically very easy for her.

It's not. Studio B is kept the same temp as any other show room. I've never dressed any more warmly and have not been cold

• 3 weeks later...

If you have the tendency to be cold a sweater or jacket would be a good idea. When we were on FOS in Sept even the main theater was cold. I even saw people wrapped in pool towels and blankets so I like to be prepared. I am coldblooded but my DH even thought it was cold!

As others have said, I usually bring a light sweateror sweatshirt, but really it is not that cold (nothing like the hockey and figure skating rinks here in the northeast) and for the 45 mins, that the show lasts, you could probably get away with whatever you are wearing...shorts and a tank top might be pushing it , however. The ice shows are wonderful...enjoy!:)

Edited by Rala
typo

Now that I'm back from my cruise I think my original question here was funny. It was warm in there! I brought a light sweater and took it off.

People are still posting advice thinking that you haven't gone on your cruise yet.

So how was your cruise? Which ship and itinerary did you have? Did you enjoy the ice show?