Stateroom price question

bup1224

With search not working - sorry if this is a repeat question. We have an E2 booked on the Jewel. Royal is offering a free upgrade for bookings in an ocean view stateroom to a balcony (E3) which make the price $110 less per person than what we paid. Would this constitute a price change and should I have our TA call for us??

HI Is E1, better than E2 or E3 or is it that E3 is better? I am confused and will be soon sailing on Brilliance on E1:confused::confused:

The lower numbers (E1, D1) are considered better than the higher numbers (E3, D6). However, sometimes the difference is diffcult to discern.

HI Is E1, better than E2 or E3 or is it that E3 is better? I am confused and will be soon sailing on Brilliance on E1:confused::confused:

In general, yes. All of the E cabins will have pretty similar size/layout barring a handful of odd cabins (if that even happens with E, it may only be D with those large aft cabins). The number designates overall desirability based on location. In general people tend to desire the locations of the "1" cabins over the "2", not that "2" is undesirable. Plus, everyone has their own preferences, so some people would prefer a "2" over a "1". Overall, though, the lower the number, the more desirable the location.

Edited by Dajbman22

Yes that is true the lower number the "better" location on the ship for the category. D balconies would be even "better" and slightly larger than the E balconies. The E1 you are booked in is the best you can get in the E catigorie and you should love it...its a balcony!:D

That makes sense Nick. I have sent an email to our TA so we will see.

No...don't move. Are you on a Radiance class ship on deck 8? You will have to contend with the lifeboat covers if you move to deck 7. An E3 would be a downgrade.

Or maybe I am just confused about your question. Never mind.

Edited by Coralc

While the numbers can represent location they also represent the occupancy level that the cabin will hold.

Example from Radience class.

D1 cabins will hold more than 2 guests and those few D1 cabins that only hold 2 guests are connecting cabins.

D2 cabins only hold 2 guests.

same thing for the E1 and E2 cabins.

This kind of breakdown also can be found on other classes of ships.

No...don't move. Are you on a Radiance class ship on deck 8? You will have to contend with the lifeboat covers if you move to deck 7. An E3 would be a downgrade.

Or maybe I am just confused about your question. Never mind.

Coralc - we are currently on deck 9 - 9014. We had that cabin last year and liked it.

The E3 that are coming up on on Deck 7.

I wouldn't move unless I could get one of the extended balconies at the front of the ship (only on deck 7). They're okay. Then you wouldn't have to deal with the lifeboat covers. I don't like the lifeboat covers.

Most of the E3's look like they are 3/4 passengers, though. I don't know how that figures into things. :)

Edited by Coralc

7046-7014 and 7546-7514 have bigger, extended balconies...but they only have a half rail balcony divider for the last 2 and a half feet up next to the balcony rail. The rest of the balcony divider is a regular partition.

They are nice balconies, because they are in front of the lifeboat covers. Avoid the ones at the side aft of deck 7....the roof of the Colony Club blocks the downward view.

If you can't get one of the forward ones, and your view is important to you...I would stay on deck 9, even for a $220 savings. :) But your priorities may be different than mine.

Learned a lot here today. My first time with Royal also. I will be on the Radiance of the Seas and have a catagory E2 on deck 9 booked. Can anyone tell me if there is a sofa in these cabins. If not, does an E1 or do I need to move to a D2. There are only 2 of us. Thanks a bunch.