dress code for elegant night

buzz2400

We are really considering booking a cruise that leaves in week. We both don't have any fancy things to wear. I have my office work clothes and he might be able to find a pair of dress pants. Does he really have to wear a tie and can he get a way with just wearing "dark" sneakers. This is a last minute thing and I really don't have the time to find all of these things. Quick response would be nice since I would have to book tomorrow.

Sure. Dress him like you want. You might get the snake eyes from people.

This has been a subject (both sore and otherwise) for a loooooong time on this board.

All you have to do is get by the front door staff in the dining room. More and more are not wearing ties, but a jacket. Some not so much that either.

We are really considering booking a cruise that leaves in week. We both don't have any fancy things to wear. I have my office work clothes and he might be able to find a pair of dress pants. Does he really have to wear a tie and can he get a way with just wearing "dark" sneakers. This is a last minute thing and I really don't have the time to find all of these things. Quick response would be nice since I would have to book tomorrow.

Just no shorts or there is always the buffet.

As long as he isn't wearing shorts on elegant night, he's good.

Or isn't wearing a hat, tank top or, beach-type flip flops.

My DS wears a collared golf-type shirt and dress pants for "dress up or don't night". He always wears clean tennis shoes. Never had a problem. This is on Carnival and NCL cruises. We've been on many of them. He should be fine. Go and enjoy yourselves. I hope you have an awesome cruise! Your office dress or suit would be fine also.

Don't worry, although many dress in full length gowns and tuxedos like it's their prom, it's no big deal at all just to wear a nice polo with some dress pants, and as for the ladies, nice office clothes would likely work just fine. Have fun! :D

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk